iPhone app to block auto calls

Recently my phone has been ringing 5 times a day with automated phone calls. Heath insurance, extended auto warranty, and so on.
    Not sure how I've been picked up. The numbers are different every time, so they are auto generated and almost always in a local region.
    Anyone have a good app recommendation to stop these calls?

I use the Hiya app. It works pretty well at notifying you of nuisance calls.

Unfortunately, most of these auto calls are spoofing other numbers. So blocking numbers won't solve the problem, you'll just be blocking someone else's number entirely.

I use robokiller. There is a cost, but it works very well.

Not iPhone, but I've set my phone to only ring if the number is already in my contacts through the "do not disturb" settings. I suppose if my wife is arrested and calling from the county jail she may need to leave a message, but so far I haven't missed anything important with this process in place.

Robokiller

Another option (may depend on your provider) is to use a native service - I have AT&T service and use their native anti-spam/junk/robot call killer.

It works - phone will still ring, but it says AT&T suspected telemarketer.

See below - you have to turn it on aand off per phone line on your account. Free/paid version available. Of course I’m only using the free version, but it helps.

I no longer receive random calls from local numbers with Chinese language robots trying to tell me something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So AT&T can block these calls, and protect their users, but instead of doing that they put 99% of their customers at risk so they can up-charge this protection?

Fucking terrible. The phone providers could stop this tomorrow if they wanted to.

Going to look into some of these apps as well. Thanks for the info.

All of these mentioned above, the phone still rings. I want an app to identify it an automated call and block it from coming through.
    Does this exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    All of these mentioned above, the phone still rings. I want an app to identify it an automated call and block it from coming through.
    Does this exist?
    the phone does not ring with robokiller. if you choose to allow the app to give you notifications, it will display a notification after it has blocked a call. otherwise nothing.

I agree, but the free thing is saving me from thinking a co-working is calling from a local # and they aren’t in my contacts. Works for me and it’s free.

I might be inclined to try Robokiller...

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    So AT&T can block these calls, and protect their users, but instead of doing that they put 99% of their customers at risk so they can up-charge this protection?

Fucking terrible. The phone providers could stop this tomorrow if they wanted to.

Going to look into some of these apps as well. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just signed up for robokiller thanks to this thread. The frequency of calls have escalated over the last year to an unbearable rate. Hope one of you mags own the operation and benfit from my purchase.

^ not affiliated but a happy customer. I will say, it seems to take a couple days to figure out the spam call patterns you receive. but mine is probably 95%+ effective at blocking spam and only spam calls.