Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post

So, is it fair for Uncle Sam to say people who post photos of themselves skiing (or even sit skiing?) shouldn't be able to collect Social Security disability pay?
    Yes, of course. It’s theft. Same as burning down your house for insurance money.

It’s not easy to fraudulently collect WC. You’d have to have a shady doctor and when sent to your impartial 3rd party exam you’d have to be really good at faking it.

I’ve worked claims with a major retailer that had a warehouse in Ohio. We had a whole team of investigators and lawyers and we met twice a month going through each case. Getting people back to work on modified duty or full duty was the goal. We’d settle when we had to but knew we did our best. Lots of people got hurt and most deserved the benefit.

Most smaller companies don’t have hired 3rd party claims management teams and end up with higher experience ratings because they just don’t have the resources to fight when needed.

There's a lot more disabled people getting no help than there are healthy people scamming the system. If it's fraud it's fraud and can't be tolerated. But focusing on the bad actors somehow causes people to forget that we can do much better for those who need help.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    There's a lot more disabled people getting no help than there are healthy people scamming the system. If it's fraud it's fraud and can't be tolerated. But focusing on the bad actors somehow causes people to forget that we can do much better for those who need help.
    Yep
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    sumjong, TBS is kinda a big deal with the folks at OAS. fact
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    It was the whole fucking paragraph pendejo, cherry picking my fucking ass.
    And doesn't change the fact that you posted some seriously stupid shit. You have no fucking clue
    Here's a fun fact - you are a fucking bag of used douche
    You missed the part at the end where I said "NECESSARILY". Most do, some don't. We're not doctors or therapists so we can't judge..
    Just saying they don't "need" to be up at the front row necessarily if they have the physical ability to ski or hike or whatever..
    It's when they suddenly DON'T have that ability they need assistance and a close spot to get home.

Here's another fun fact. Some of the disabled folks DON'T want special treatment when not absolutely necessary and that is almost never for them. It's really cool that you volunteer to work with adaptive folks at the resorts. Doesn't give you a pass to be a dick. Other than that, back to time out for you.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Oh no, not another time out!!! How will I go on without your approbation?
    Keep it up pendejo - you are so cute when you talk out your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Did anyone else see the segment John Oliver did on this? He pointed out that at one time a large percentage of the population worked in agriculture. In just a couple generations that percentage was massively reduced, but that reduction didn't result in lots of people being out of work. Instead people got different jobs, they moved to the cities and became factory workers, etc. I don't think there's any reason to suspect anything different will happen in the future. What people need to realize is the job they currently have isn't necessarily going to be around forever--but there will be jobs.
    That's mostly what I was referencing, but this political football of manufacturing jobs, and coal, and other bullshit where people work harder not smarter is fucking tiring.
    That's why we're supposed to have an education system, job retraining, and finally welfare.
    And whoever said that shit about a town being 100% invested in one company or sector being a recipe for disaster is spot on. Just look at Butte. They went all in on a copper mining operation that totally destroyed the place and now it's a dump. At least they're trying. Instead of harping on tax cuts and low skill jobs as some kind of viable solution they have cultural events and other things. And there are way way worse places to live. I suppose Detroit is the best example.
    Anyway, fuck your factory, fuck your coal mine, and fuck your small town. If it didn't suck, it wouldn't be a small town anymore.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Any more comments on Big Brother monitoring the social media posts of people collecting Social Security Disability? Personally, I think it's bullshit. People with a legitimate physical or mental barrier to the ability to earn a living and holding a steady job shouldn't have to live in fear of not being allowed to have any fun or leisure life. In fact, participating in these activities aren't just about having fun. They could be putting these folks on the path to being more "able" and getting off the public dole.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Any more comments on Big Brother monitoring the social media posts of people collecting Social Security Disability? Personally, I think it's bullshit. People with a legitimate physical or mental barrier to the ability to earn a living and holding a steady job shouldn't have to live in fear of not being allowed to have any fun or leisure life. In fact, participating in these activities aren't just about having fun. They could be putting these folks on the path to being more "able" and getting off the public dole.
    as someone who as zero social media in their life
    I mean I do post anonymously on tgr and have many dating profiles that are more or less anonymous, because there is not a last name.....
    but that's about it
    I do look at social media occasionally, but it's pretty limited

the take away is......
    people are absolute idiots when they post stuff, either you try to make yourself look better off physically/mentally/emotionally/wealthy than you really are, or you post stupid ass shit

since people are idiots online they get what they deserve
    if they robbed me of a WC claim or are skimming the system so they can post stuff about their ski vacation when they can't work because of a bad back, then there is nothing wrong with it

Threads dead, let it rest in piece.

Thoughts and prayers....

I didn't read the whole thread, but I will note that videos of me skiing would likely help rather than hurt my case for workman's comp.