Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Yeah, those things are tanks. A few years ago I did a deep dive into pellet grills, since I loved the convenience of a pellet smoker, but wanted to find one with a little more smoke flavor than my Green Mountain Grill. For me it came down to the Yoder 640 or the Mak 2 star. I ended up with the Mak mainly because it’s stainless steel and I have to keep it out on the deck. They are a bit pricy but I’ve been nothing but happy with it.
    I too was looking at a Mak, nice setup. Yes the yoder is an absolute tank...took a few friends and lots of beer to push it around the house into the back patio.

It cooks like a dream tho so totally worth it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Well that's it, I'm sold then. Gonna get this, as it has good reviews and the comparable BGE model in Canada is more than 2x the price:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/vis...ver/1001225832
    So update - this thing rocks. Construction is quality, packaging is legit, and the quality of the grills and parts is as good as I'd hope for.

5/5 would recommend. Love being back in the charcoal game.

Finally went the simple route and got a Traeger 650 pellet. Nice to control it from the phone and watch. Killer package. Only regret is not getting one with the smoke option. You can, however leave the 650 on its lowest temp setting initially for a couple of hours and get a great smoke depth. Ribs, butts, brisket, so fall all are good.

Sent the BGE to one of the kiddo's and kissed that damned uncontrollable thing good by.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

I have the mini Weber Smokey Mountain barrel type smoker, and it's awesome, but with two little kids, working full time etc, it doesn't get as much use as it used to. I'm not completely anti-pellet grill, but it's not as appealing to me as charcoal, so when Masterbuilt and Char-griller released their gravity fed grill/smokers, I was really interested. Can sear up to 700* and do low/slow smoking, all controllable with a wifi app. I've been wanting to do more bbq, and the set it/forget it aspect is really appealing with my schedule. After watching a ton of comparison videos, and checking them out in person, I'm leaning toward the Char-griller 980. I was just curious if anyone on here has one of these or an equivalent. Was hoping for a labor day sale at Lowes before I pull the trigger.
    https://www.chargriller.com/products...charcoal-grill
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 3.19.49 PM.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	269.8 KB 
ID:	415346
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    I have the mini Weber Smokey Mountain barrel type smoker, and it's awesome, but with two little kids, working full time etc, it doesn't get as much use as it used to. I'm not completely anti-pellet grill, but it's not as appealing to me as charcoal, so when Masterbuilt and Char-griller released their gravity fed grill/smokers, I was really interested. Can sear up to 700* and do low/slow smoking, all controllable with a wifi app. I've been wanting to do more bbq, and the set it/forget it aspect is really appealing with my schedule. After watching a ton of comparison videos, and checking them out in person, I'm leaning toward the Char-griller 980. I was just curious if anyone on here has one of these or an equivalent. Was hoping for a labor day sale at Lowes before I pull the trigger.
    https://www.chargriller.com/products...charcoal-grill
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 3.19.49 PM.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	269.8 KB 
ID:	415346
    Intriguing. I’m sure I’ve had charcoal smoked food just can’t recall because lately it’s all been pellet or wood smoke.

A little more work to get it fired up than a pellet but seems pretty easy. The monster truck rally video really gets my testosterone flowing.

https://youtu.be/gh1j-fO6a8Y?list=PL...psSiF5mGNY8zqq

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bmg97 View Post
    Currently
    Rec tec 700
    Pitboss XL
    Smokey Joe offset
    Weber Kettle
    Weber Genesis II
    Blackstone
    Rec tec B380
    Winner!

Grill quiver? They’re not skis man.
    One grill and one smoker should be enough.
    Although one charcoal and one gas grill is understandable

Damn that chargriller looks sweet. I’m in the market and was thinking I’d go Weber gas and a cheaper pellet smoker. But charcoal tastes so much better. Convenience or better flavor?