Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 567
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,273
    Lived in Portland from 2005-2011. Didn't mind the homeless/rubber/or leather tramps too much until I had a kid. Did have to deal with them from time to time when trespassing in MY YARD or throwing bottles across the street towards my kid while he was playing outside. Have been known to personally escort people down to the river. Nice hike.

    Not sure the solution but I am in the camp thinking there is a problem. Went to a wedding in Bellingham and my brother was pretty sketched parking the rental near Pikes on way back. I thought he was nuts until we walked two blocks. We had some nice burgers where we could see the car from

    Again don't know the answer. Grew up in small hippy town in Nor Cal and if you pulled any shit you couldn't buy groceries at the store and we ran you out of town. Also very unfriendly to out of town streets urchims. Want to take drugs and drink, cool. Poop on the street, kick to the head as a warning
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    7,861
    God Damn I love New England.
    crab in my shoe mouth

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    God Damn I love New England.
    Yeah, I heard New Hampshire has been very successful in avoiding the Opioid epidemic.
    /s

    The visibility of the homelessness/drug addiction problem in Seattle is disgusting and burdening. But I bet you would find NH healthcare workers, cops and businesses who are equally disgusted and burdened by having to deal with OD's and addicted communities.
    (NH mortality rate by opioids is second. Take heart though, you're not as bad as WV).

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,606
    Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Yeah, I heard New Hampshire has been very successful in avoiding the Opioid epidemic.
    True dat, I lost someone very close to this 18 months ago. They aren't homeless and living in the streets however. Seems there is more than the "Opioid epidemic" going on out there..







  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,278
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    They aren't homeless and living in the streets however. Seems there is more than the "Opioid epidemic" going on out there..
    Kinda tough to get through the winter living in the streets of New England. If I was gonna do the homeless thing, NE wouldn't be my first choice.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,213
    All this going on is down stream of the root of the problem, at least back east. I wonder if "we" will ever confront Pharma's lobbying, the industry they represent, and it's grip on our policy makers. They cash in on both sides of the issue, both the addiction and the treatment. Pills kill. Opioids are the up-stream issue around here. Legal Opioids. They lead to heroin and fentynol addictions, crime and ultimately deaths at a tremendous cost to us. Real costs to the tax payers, and emotional costs as we watch our friends bury their children.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,245
    I costs about 2 grand to secure an apartment in King County.

    Why are they homeless?
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ttle-homeless/

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	homeless-census-why-W.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	254.0 KB 
ID:	275263
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,245
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    7,861
    Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Yeah, I heard New Hampshire has been very successful in avoiding the Opioid epidemic.
    /s

    The visibility of the homelessness/drug addiction problem in Seattle is disgusting and burdening. But I bet you would find NH healthcare workers, cops and businesses who are equally disgusted and burdened by having to deal with OD's and addicted communities.
    (NH mortality rate by opioids is second. Take heart though, you're not as bad as WV).
    I could give a fuck about junkies dying. Just don’t be sleeping on the street. We don’t have homeless shitdicks walking around doing homeless shitdick stuff. It’s better that way.
    crab in my shoe mouth

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,606
    How is this "Travis Berge" allowed back on the street? According to that KOMO report he's been arrested around 50 times..

    https://www.kiro7.com/video?videoId=...deoVersion=1.0

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Travis_Berge.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	275266







  11. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    29,925
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I could give a fuck about junkies dying. Just don’t be sleeping on the street. We don’t have homeless shitdicks walking around doing homeless shitdick stuff. It’s better that way.
    That's a quote from the sermon on the mount right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,245
    Thanks for being honest. Rings of selfish ignorance to my ear. I'll wager you don't know any addicts living in cars. I'm jealous. OTOH maybe your anger is directed at someone who has disappointed you. Hope you get to understanding.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Kinda tough to get through the winter living in the streets of New England. If I was gonna do the homeless thing, NE wouldn't be my first choice.
    Surprisingly we have a homeless issue here in W2 and I think the same thing - being homeless here in the winter is not a good time. We do have a sleep center and that is all it is - no loitering during the day. The conestoga huts have a bed and privacy but no heat or water. It's something, I guess.

    This is what we had the winter of 2016/17:




    this is what we have now:



    Those garbage cans are for storing belonging during the day. They have locks. People can leave their stuff but can't hang out until the gates open again at dusk.

    We have 31 huts that are always at capacity some with 2 people in them. Those that aren't lucky enough to get a spot for the night are turned away to find shelter elsewhere. We just passed an ordinance that makes sleeping in planting strips and on sidewalks illegal.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,245
    KOMO NEWS = FOX West. Reporters have quit for refusing to do editorials written for them the them by management. Not too biased. Right.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    7,861
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Thanks for being honest. Rings of selfish ignorance to my ear. I'll wager you don't know any addicts living in cars. I'm jealous. OTOH maybe your anger is directed at someone who has disappointed you. Hope you get to understanding.
    Understand this, dickweed.

    I’m holding my kawk and ballz, in your general direction.
    Go on Now
    crab in my shoe mouth

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I could give a fuck about junkies dying. Just don’t be sleeping on the street. We don’t have homeless shitdicks walking around doing homeless shitdick stuff. It’s better that way.
    This is so naive. I watched my buddy bury his 19 year old son this fall, a kid I knew since birth, who went to get some milk a mile from his house. An addict in "recovery" who was mixing his Suboxone with other pills so he could still get high fell out behind the wheel, crossed the double yellow and killed him in a head on. The victims of this epidemic are not just the users dumb-ass.
    No shortage of these on youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fj7GyCgb7k

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    7,861
    Oh Jesus Christ, that could have been him texting for all we know.
    Give me a fucking break, little fellah.
    crab in my shoe mouth

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,606
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Surprisingly we have a homeless issue here in W2 and I think the same thing - being homeless here in the winter is not a good time.
    It's a hell of a lot colder in New Hampshire than Walla Walla. You would be a human popsicle without heat or extreme weather gear. Just sayin







  19. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The 8th best place in the LBP
    Posts
    2,732
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    KOMO NEWS = FOX West. Reporters have quit for refusing to do editorials written for them the them by management. Not too biased. Right.
    Specifically, what about that KOMO story is false or biased?

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,662
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    It's a hell of a lot colder in New Hampshire than Walla Walla. You would be a human popsicle without heat or extreme weather gear. Just sayin
    I dunno, I just looked at the averages and they look pretty close. Most winters we struggle to break 20 degrees for weeks on end and often are below 0. I've experienced multiple days of minus 10 or greater. But it's all samey-samey esp. when you're underweight, an alcoholic, out of shape, or on drugs. You're body isn't going to regulate like a healthy person.

    The sleeping center shuts down at a certain temp and warming centers open up.



    Climate Walla Walla - Washington
    Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun
    Average high in °F: 41 47 56 64 72 80
    Average low in °F: 29 33 37 41 48 54

    Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    Average high in °F: 90 89 79 66 50 41
    Average low in °F: 61 61 53 44 36 29


    Climate New Hampshire - Concord
    Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun
    Average high in °F: 31 35 44 57 69 77
    Average low in °F: 10 14 22 33 43 53

    Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    Average high in °F: 82 81 73 60 48 36
    Average low in °F: 58 56 47 36 28 17
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Oh Jesus Christ, that could have been him texting for all we know.
    Give me a fucking break, little fellah.
    Yeah, texting caused him to pass out behind the wheel. Bupes and benzos together depress the central nervous system much like alcohol and opioids. You are a real piece of shit human being.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,606
    I thought it was warmer than that..Your average highs/lows don't relect those cold snaps? You Jan average high/low is 41/29, how can it below 20 for weeks on end?ANYWAYS u never see tent people except for the outdoorsy folks winter-camping in the Mts

    And that is Concord, it drops off farther north


    Climate Berlin - New Hampshire °C | °F
    ...........................Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun
    Average high in °F: 26 30 39 53 65 74
    Average low in °F: 5 7 17 30 41 51
    Av. precipitation in inch: 2.44 2.32 2.91 3.43 3.5 4.13
    Days with precipitation: - - - - - -
    Hours of sunshine: - - - - - -
    Average snowfall in inch: 19 19 15 4 0 0







  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    7,861
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Yeah, texting caused him to pass out behind the wheel. You are a real piece of shit human being.
    Coming from you, it means nothing.
    Seriously guy, I don’t let anything you say bother me. We all know your story.
    Angry Short Man
    crab in my shoe mouth

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    3,914
    Hmmm... cold-weather dick-waving. This is a first.

    Wait... maybe not.


  25. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,662
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    I thought it was warmer than that..Your average highs/lows don't relect those cold snaps? You Jan average high/low is 41/29, how can it below 20 for weeks on end?ANYWAYS u never see tent people except for the outdoorsy folks winter-camping in the Mts

    And that is Concord, it drops off farther north


    Climate Berlin - New Hampshire °C | °F
    ...........................Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun
    Average high in °F: 26 30 39 53 65 74
    Average low in °F: 5 7 17 30 41 51
    Av. precipitation in inch: 2.44 2.32 2.91 3.43 3.5 4.13
    Days with precipitation: - - - - - -
    Hours of sunshine: - - - - - -
    Average snowfall in inch: 19 19 15 4 0 0
    You know how it is... where they take the "official temp" is not always representative of the temps around the area esp. when the area includes mountains and valleys. At my house the temp will be 10 degrees warmer than my barn. House sits on the bench, barn is on the valley floor. It's like Seattle - official temp monitor for the area is SeaTac. Not even close to the downtown core or most of the neighborhoods. Our official temp station is also the airport at 1191 ft. Downtown is 942ft. Where I live it's 433ft - cold air drains off the benches and settles on the valley floor.

    <shrug> I only know what my thermometer says and I record the daily temps because I'm a weather geek so that's what I know..............
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •