Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Correlations can always be spurious, but it's hard not to find a chart like this compelling:

Of course, the long-term decline in violent crime is a multi-factorial issue that gets even more complicated when parsed down to what happened in specific locales. But, it would be idiotic to claim that 40 years of population-wide low-level lead poisoning did not significantly impact the prevalence of violent crime in the US.

I was going to simply post Eyman's name in the shit that annoys you thread back when the results were in, but figured it was too obscure.

This is a better thread for it though, so yeah, fuck Tim Eyman.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I know we're from different political bents but one thing we both clearly agree on; Tim Eyman can go fuck himself. Short-sighted asshole who's fleecing short-sighted voters on his short-sighted initiatives so can make a living fleecing them for his personal financial support with his dumb-ass initiatives. I-976 is going to screw us all for transportation. I guess he's not much of a watch salesman. He's a total dick.
    I'd sign a ballot initiative to have something very painful done to him.. very slowly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

^^ I'm in. I've never been a real fan of the initiative process, partly due to stupid outcomes but in this case, I'm definitely in.

Seattle is dying

Eyman is the douche that shoplifted an office chair from Office Depot.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Eyman is a sleezeball and I honestly think Inslee is cognitively impaired. Shit sucks around here. We cant hamstring transportation funding but it’s hard to stomach $1200 a year on fucking car tabs and still queue up with literally every other person living on my peninsula to take a single lane onto I5.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Eyman is a sleezeball and I honestly think Inslee is cognitively impaired. Shit sucks around here. We cant hamstring transportation funding but it’s hard to stomach $1200 a year on fucking car tabs and still queue up with literally every other person living on my peninsula to take a single lane onto I5.

Out of curiosity how much is your tab fee for 1 car?

Are these Seattle city residents with the ridiculous fees?

I’m in king county but not in the city, my tab for a 2011 4Runner is around $150-200 I think. Can’t recall exactly.

And now he's running for governor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    And now he's running for governor.
    Exactly why I lobbedd Inslee in my post. I can’t imagine voting for either of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Out of curiosity how much is your tab fee for 1 car?

Are these Seattle city residents with the ridiculous fees?

I’m in king county but not in the city, my tab for a 2011 4Runner is around $150-200 I think. Can’t recall exactly.

I’m in city, about 400 per car as I recall. And one of them that I drive maybe 1k miles a year was manufactured when the EU only had 15 member countries.

I'm King County, not in the city. My 2017 Ford Expedition with 60k miles is $800. My 98 Lincoln Navigator with 185k miles was $250 (up from sub $100). I'm no Eyman fan, but the pain on tabs is real.

Yeah, but you have no income tax. A few hundred in extra tab fees vs. 8% of your income for state tax seems trivial.

Holy shit. $800 is A LOT.

$30 seems too low though.

I think the voters would’ve been okay with something in the middle.

Fwiw, when I lived in Colorado (Basalt, Pitkin County) it cost me about $600 a year to register my 4Runner. Tab fees here were inexpensive by comparison.

I know it won't change, but the lack of an income tax here is a root cause of a lot of the issues people bitch about in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Yeah, but you have no income tax. A few hundred in extra tab fees vs. 8% of your income for state tax seems trivial.
    That's the unintended consequence of Eyman's anti-taxation initiatives: at some point WA won't collect the means to operate, and attempt to impose an income tax.

Eyman is the douche that shoplifted an office chair from Office Depot.
    You'd think he could afford a chair with the $165,000 he embezzled from his campaign donations.

Seattle is dying

Holy shit. $800 is A LOT.

$30 seems too low though.

I think the voters would’ve been okay with something in the middle.

The lowest anyone could possibly pay even if the initiative is upheld will be $42.50, and that’s a small group. Its not as big a swing as people think, and the current far side of the pendulum has become absurd.

That 8% lack of income tax gets eaten up by really stupid shit in this city. Our gas tax is around 50 cents a gallon, my dear booze is taxed to the hilt, general 10.1% sales tax in Seattle and a slew of whacky rules. I paid six figures to repair a sewer line 100 yards from my property. Part of that bill was repaving a city road for them but only with backfill they approve and with daily site visits whenever they felt like it at the tune of something like $250 a pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    aggressively regressive- the sales tax is 10.2% in my hood.

This ran yeasterday in the local-

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...eattles-money/

It turns out King County taxpayers exported a record $2.95 billion to prop up the state’s other counties in 2016, the most recent year studied, according to OFM. About 37 cents of every dollar of state taxes paid by King County taxpayers was spent elsewhere.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Tim Eyman can go fuck themselves.
    So fucking do something about him. He's been there for decades and still gets traction because people bitch about relatively small car tabs, because Seattle & WA are smug and insulated. $42.50 for car tabs? JFC.

the anti-tax car tab rebellion is a fucking script, it's been played before, Virginia had similar shit 2 decades ago. WA isn't special, you are supposed to be smart motherfuckers, learn. Or don't. You really don't want to learn it seems, just smugly repeating the stupid urbanization failures of the rest of the US.

/soapbox. still nice mountains, ocean and wild areas. shame about the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I paid six figures to repair a sewer line 100 yards from my property. Part of that bill was repaving a city road for them but only with backfill they approve and with daily site visits whenever they felt like it at the tune of something like $250 a pop.

You got off easy on that one, shitstain.

YOU are a part of the problem.

Pay higher taxes to support infrastructure replacement (not even upgrading, you selfish cunt), or pay for them out of your own pocket.

Seattle is dying

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    aggressively regressive- the sales tax is 10.2% in my hood.

This ran yeasterday in the local-

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...eattles-money/
    Those people who live and work in Vancouver WA and shop in Portland have it good.

The only down side is you live in Vancouver WA.

When I lived and worked in Pittsburgh I had a 3% city tax, a county tax, state tax, and sales tax of 7%.

People take for granted the no income tax, the 2 richest billionaires in the world know what’s up.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    You got off easy on that one, shitstain.

YOU are a part of the problem.

Pay higher taxes to support infrastructure replacement (not even upgrading, you selfish cunt), or pay for them out of your own pocket.
    “I dropped serious coin out of my own pocket”
    - Art Shirk

“Pay them out of your own pocket”
    - Glademaster

Yup, WA has the most regressive taxation in the U.S. https://komonews.com/news/local/wash...n-report-finds. WA voters consistently reject any initiative to change that. WA state constitution -- authored by timber baron lackeys -- is also an obstacle.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I'd sign a ballot initiative to have something very painful done to him.. very slowly.
    Nice idea, although it would likely die on a court motion, similar to I-831, an initiative to declare Tim Eyman as a horse's ass initiative, which was killed by a Thurston County Superior Court judge. See https://products.kitsapsun.com/archi...d_horse_s.html

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I'm King County, not in the city. My 2017 Ford Expedition with 60k miles is $800. My 98 Lincoln Navigator with 185k miles was $250 (up from sub $100). I'm no Eyman fan, but the pain on tabs is real.
    I'm not sure exactly how your tabs are so high. I have a 2015 Yukon and have never had tabs over $100. I think my latest go-round was right around $85 but don't remember for sure. My wife's 2017 Murano also is under $100. Is this a King County/Seattle thing?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I'm not sure exactly how your tabs are so high. I have a 2015 Yukon and have never had tabs over $100. I think my latest go-round was right around $85 but don't remember for sure. My wife's 2017 Murano also is under $100. Is this a King County/Seattle thing?
    It was for sound transit. But the rest of the state that we give 37% of our tax revenue doesnt believe we should spend any money on transit.

800 is whack, 300-400 per car is about average.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    It was for sound transit. But the rest of the state that we give 37% of our tax revenue doesnt believe we should spend any money on transit.

800 is whack, 300-400 per car is about average.
    I don't know that the entire rest of the state is against transit or transportation/road spending but, clearly, enough were. I know I voted against I-976 but that's normal. I generally vote against public initiatives in principle and I never vote for any Eyman initiatives, mostly because he's just a total tool and scammer.

I know our local Chamber was pushing hard against I-976 as well as the AGC. For economic development, we need the transit and transportation, especially related to the N-S Corridor work that won't be complete until 2029. It may be much longer, now that 'the people' have spoken. Short-sighted, stupid outcome.