Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    Ah, you must be one of those suburban women who fell for Trump's law and order schtick. It's probably through your early dating experiences that you have come to a place where you need your spray-tanned, date rape boyfriend to keep telling you he will keep you safe. We used to have a name for trashy bridge and tunnel gals like you: "LE BARK" (Lynwood, Everett, Bothell, Auburn, Renton, Kent).

Downtown, Ballard, Capitol Hill and U district suck but that has pretty much been the case for 20 years. There are still tons of nooks and crannies in Seattle (even if house prices are tough). My neighborhood has ridiculously good food from pretty much every nation in the world, quick access to the pass, good nature trails and, luckily, zero xenophobic fucks like you.

If there was a thread of how not to prove you're local this would be it.

Nature trails in Seattle LOL. Only if the wildlife is heroin riddled homeless encampments. I suppose stepping over needles is almost the same as avoiding slippery tree routes.

The pass has nothing to do with Seattle, perhaps North Bend can claim the pass, but not downtown son.

and the food scene downtown is lackluster at best unless you just moved from Wichita

Gotta love Aurora Ave.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

SPD Mental Health Crisis Team is on it. Guy looks fit though, eh KQ?.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Gotta love Aurora Ave.

I can confirm that is not me, although I do live within walking distance of that location.

He must work out.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    SPD Mental Health Crisis Team is on it. Guy looks fit though, eh KQ?.
    He does have quite the derriere but his hair puts me in mind of Bob Ross.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post

Nature trails in Seattle LOL. ...
    Yeah, no trails anywhere in the city...

... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Just one more area where Deebased can show off his ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Gotta love Aurora Ave.

Fuck yeah.

How can a city be “dying” if it has Krispy Kreme
    . . .

It looks different when you see a naked homeless mentally ill guy on the sidewalk two minutes after landing from 6 stories up IRL. Hope the guy is ok.

Mentally ill tenant meets slumlord. If they make her homeless where does she go? My take from this vid is a general "Who cares." As it offers no alterative. Aurora St.

If they make her homeless where does she go?
    Your house maybe? Since you're so compassionate, I assume you are willing to take in as many homeless mentally ill people as you can fit. How many are you currently housing?

I was just on Google Maps and was reminded about the West Seattle bridge. That must be really fuct for those that need to use it. We used it at least twice a year to see MIL

It looks different when you see a naked homeless mentally ill guy on the sidewalk two minutes after landing from 6 stories up IRL. Hope the guy is ok.

Mentally ill tenant meets slumlord. If they make her homeless where does she go? My take from this vid is a general "Who cares." As it offers no alterative. Aurora St.

The alternative is the city evicting the clearly deadbeat tenant.

But then the city would have to deal with her, and the ultimate problem is despite all of Seattle's grandstanding, they really don't want to.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Your house maybe? Since you're so compassionate, I assume you are willing to take in as many homeless mentally ill people as you can fit. How many are you currently housing?
    Dunno if she's mentally ill, but one of my neighbors is housing a real nutter.

Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Sorry. When I welcomed other opinions I was hoping for an intelligent well thought out one. My house or your house would work in a Neanderthal age society like you seem to prefer though. I'm thinking in a more civilized society. My bad.

My nephew makes big bucks working for a company in NY refabbing the 1000's of low income/no income subsidized housing units in The City. Maybe why there are fewer people in tents in Central Park. Tax dollars at work create jobs and housing. You'd think it was so simple that even a cave man could do it.

Sorry. When I welcomed other opinions I was hoping for an intelligent well thought out one.
    His opinion disagreeing with yours doesn’t mean it isn’t intelligent or well thought out. Would you agree comrade?
    Decisions Decisions

His solution of having people with a heart house the homeless so that people without a heart won't see them seemed an intelligent well thought out solution to you? ok.

Sorry. When I welcomed other opinions I was hoping for an intelligent well thought out one. My house or your house would work in a Neanderthal age society like you seem to prefer though. I'm thinking in a more civilized society. My bad.

My nephew makes big bucks working for a company in NY refabbing the 1000's of low income/no income subsidized housing units in The City. Maybe why there are fewer people in tents in Central Park. Tax dollars at work create jobs and housing. You'd think it was so simple that even a cave man could do it.
    I know what your opinion is--mentally ill people should be warehoused on the streets of America, rather than in publicly funded facilities. Oh, excuse me, "institutions."

Yeah some well funded mental "Institutions" would be a start. Ever been in one? I mean as a visitor. I have. Back in the day to visit the next door neighbor kid when her parents got old and she got too big. For her it was working.

Do you really "know" anyfuckingthing to base your opinions on? I'm all ears.

The woman in that video seems awful and obnoxious, but would she really cross the line to be involuntarily committed?

Of course, I'm all for it and willing to pay for it...

I have been in one, in fact. And I've also watched the state of Montana defund ours and leave our most mentally disturbed individuals with no viable options except to foist them back on the helpless families, and it's tragic. Last time I suggested publicly funded facilities for Seattle's mentally ill, homeless drug addicts, you started accusing me of advocating for the Final Solution or some shit like that.

But let's get it straight, in case I'm mistaken. Do you support moving Seattle's homeless, drug addicted, mentally ill street population into publicly funded facilities? And if not, what is your proposed solution? (Aside from making a landlord who's just trying to run a business into your scapegoat.)

"Do you support moving Seattle's homeless, drug addicted, mentally ill street population into publicly funded facilities?"

Yes. Now, how hard was that.

Homeless families is a different category. Give them money to rent a place. Same with people who go to work everyday day after sleeping in a car or tent. Help them get a roof over their heads.

Jeezuz Christ, for a supposedly Christian country the USA sure has a problem dealing with people compassionately like Jesus would of. WTF is wrong with people?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

"Do you support moving Seattle's homeless, drug addicted, mentally ill street population into publicly funded facilities?"

Yes. Now, how hard was that.

Homeless families is a different category. Give them money to rent a place. Same with people who go to work everyday day after sleeping in a car or tent. Help them get a roof over their heads.
    Okay then. We agree on that.

Now how do we get the money? The Washington State ethos is that tax money is using "Other Peoples Money" on people who didn't earn it so don't deserve it. The tax on each tree cut worked when the PNW chopped trees down for an economy. Now winners in the the economy grow ideas to produce capital and don't tax it. We'll see what the push on a Wealth Tax does but don't hold your breath.