Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    They aren't homeless and living in the streets however. Seems there is more than the "Opioid epidemic" going on out there..
    Kinda tough to get through the winter living in the streets of New England. If I was gonna do the homeless thing, NE wouldn't be my first choice.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

All this going on is down stream of the root of the problem, at least back east. I wonder if "we" will ever confront Pharma's lobbying, the industry they represent, and it's grip on our policy makers. They cash in on both sides of the issue, both the addiction and the treatment. Pills kill. Opioids are the up-stream issue around here. Legal Opioids. They lead to heroin and fentynol addictions, crime and ultimately deaths at a tremendous cost to us. Real costs to the tax payers, and emotional costs as we watch our friends bury their children.

I costs about 2 grand to secure an apartment in King County.

Why are they homeless?
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ttle-homeless/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	homeless-census-why-W.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	254.0 KB 
ID:	275263
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Yeah, I heard New Hampshire has been very successful in avoiding the Opioid epidemic.
    /s

The visibility of the homelessness/drug addiction problem in Seattle is disgusting and burdening. But I bet you would find NH healthcare workers, cops and businesses who are equally disgusted and burdened by having to deal with OD's and addicted communities.
    (NH mortality rate by opioids is second. Take heart though, you're not as bad as WV).
    I could give a fuck about junkies dying. Just don’t be sleeping on the street. We don’t have homeless shitdicks walking around doing homeless shitdick stuff. It’s better that way.
    crab in my shoe mouth

How is this "Travis Berge" allowed back on the street? According to that KOMO report he's been arrested around 50 times..

https://www.kiro7.com/video?videoId=...deoVersion=1.0

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Travis_Berge.JPG 
Views:	420 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	275266

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I could give a fuck about junkies dying. Just don’t be sleeping on the street. We don’t have homeless shitdicks walking around doing homeless shitdick stuff. It’s better that way.
    That's a quote from the sermon on the mount right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Thanks for being honest. Rings of selfish ignorance to my ear. I'll wager you don't know any addicts living in cars. I'm jealous. OTOH maybe your anger is directed at someone who has disappointed you. Hope you get to understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Kinda tough to get through the winter living in the streets of New England. If I was gonna do the homeless thing, NE wouldn't be my first choice.
    Surprisingly we have a homeless issue here in W2 and I think the same thing - being homeless here in the winter is not a good time. We do have a sleep center and that is all it is - no loitering during the day. The conestoga huts have a bed and privacy but no heat or water. It's something, I guess.

This is what we had the winter of 2016/17:

this is what we have now:

Those garbage cans are for storing belonging during the day. They have locks. People can leave their stuff but can't hang out until the gates open again at dusk.

We have 31 huts that are always at capacity some with 2 people in them. Those that aren't lucky enough to get a spot for the night are turned away to find shelter elsewhere. We just passed an ordinance that makes sleeping in planting strips and on sidewalks illegal.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

KOMO NEWS = FOX West. Reporters have quit for refusing to do editorials written for them the them by management. Not too biased. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Thanks for being honest. Rings of selfish ignorance to my ear. I'll wager you don't know any addicts living in cars. I'm jealous. OTOH maybe your anger is directed at someone who has disappointed you. Hope you get to understanding.
    Understand this, dickweed.

I’m holding my kawk and ballz, in your general direction.
    Go on Now
    crab in my shoe mouth

This is so naive. I watched my buddy bury his 19 year old son this fall, a kid I knew since birth, who went to get some milk a mile from his house. An addict in "recovery" who was mixing his Suboxone with other pills so he could still get high fell out behind the wheel, crossed the double yellow and killed him in a head on. The victims of this epidemic are not just the users dumb-ass.
    No shortage of these on youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fj7GyCgb7k

Oh Jesus Christ, that could have been him texting for all we know.
    Give me a fucking break, little fellah.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Surprisingly we have a homeless issue here in W2 and I think the same thing - being homeless here in the winter is not a good time.
    It's a hell of a lot colder in New Hampshire than Walla Walla. You would be a human popsicle without heat or extreme weather gear. Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    KOMO NEWS = FOX West. Reporters have quit for refusing to do editorials written for them the them by management. Not too biased. Right.
    Specifically, what about that KOMO story is false or biased?

It's a hell of a lot colder in New Hampshire than Walla Walla. You would be a human popsicle without heat or extreme weather gear. Just sayin
    I dunno, I just looked at the averages and they look pretty close. Most winters we struggle to break 20 degrees for weeks on end and often are below 0. I've experienced multiple days of minus 10 or greater. But it's all samey-samey esp. when you're underweight, an alcoholic, out of shape, or on drugs. You're body isn't going to regulate like a healthy person.

The sleeping center shuts down at a certain temp and warming centers open up.

Climate Walla Walla - Washington
    Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun
    Average high in °F: 41 47 56 64 72 80
    Average low in °F: 29 33 37 41 48 54

Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    Average high in °F: 90 89 79 66 50 41
    Average low in °F: 61 61 53 44 36 29

Climate New Hampshire - Concord
    Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun
    Average high in °F: 31 35 44 57 69 77
    Average low in °F: 10 14 22 33 43 53

Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    Average high in °F: 82 81 73 60 48 36
    Average low in °F: 58 56 47 36 28 17
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Oh Jesus Christ, that could have been him texting for all we know.
    Give me a fucking break, little fellah.
    Yeah, texting caused him to pass out behind the wheel. Bupes and benzos together depress the central nervous system much like alcohol and opioids. You are a real piece of shit human being.

I thought it was warmer than that..Your average highs/lows don't relect those cold snaps? You Jan average high/low is 41/29, how can it below 20 for weeks on end?ANYWAYS u never see tent people except for the outdoorsy folks winter-camping in the Mts

And that is Concord, it drops off farther north

Climate Berlin - New Hampshire °C | °F
    ...........................Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun
    Average high in °F: 26 30 39 53 65 74
    Average low in °F: 5 7 17 30 41 51
    Av. precipitation in inch: 2.44 2.32 2.91 3.43 3.5 4.13
    Days with precipitation: - - - - - -
    Hours of sunshine: - - - - - -
    Average snowfall in inch: 19 19 15 4 0 0

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Yeah, texting caused him to pass out behind the wheel. You are a real piece of shit human being.
    Coming from you, it means nothing.
    Seriously guy, I don’t let anything you say bother me. We all know your story.
    Angry Short Man
    crab in my shoe mouth

Hmmm... cold-weather dick-waving. This is a first.

Wait... maybe not.

I thought it was warmer than that..Your average highs/lows don't relect those cold snaps? You Jan average high/low is 41/29, how can it below 20 for weeks on end?ANYWAYS u never see tent people except for the outdoorsy folks winter-camping in the Mts

And that is Concord, it drops off farther north

Climate Berlin - New Hampshire °C | °F
    ...........................Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun
    Average high in °F: 26 30 39 53 65 74
    Average low in °F: 5 7 17 30 41 51
    Av. precipitation in inch: 2.44 2.32 2.91 3.43 3.5 4.13
    Days with precipitation: - - - - - -
    Hours of sunshine: - - - - - -
    Average snowfall in inch: 19 19 15 4 0 0
    You know how it is... where they take the "official temp" is not always representative of the temps around the area esp. when the area includes mountains and valleys. At my house the temp will be 10 degrees warmer than my barn. House sits on the bench, barn is on the valley floor. It's like Seattle - official temp monitor for the area is SeaTac. Not even close to the downtown core or most of the neighborhoods. Our official temp station is also the airport at 1191 ft. Downtown is 942ft. Where I live it's 433ft - cold air drains off the benches and settles on the valley floor.

<shrug> I only know what my thermometer says and I record the daily temps because I'm a weather geek so that's what I know..............

You win KQ.

NH is very flat.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

the homeless problem has nothing to do with being "homeless"
    politicians and other idiots want you to belive they can solve the homeless problem with tax dollars and a magic wand by giving people a place to live

being homeless is the end result of a society that does not give a shit
    mental illness is the biggest driver, as a society we give lip service, provide a hot line to call, and other bullshit to pretend that we really care about someone
    until we start addressing health care and mental health on a large scale we will continue on the current path

drug and alcohol addiction is the other major force
    very few people fully understand addiction and the way it works, its easy to label someone an addict, but answering the why and providing the proper help is the hard part of the equation
    treatment is the wrong way to look at it, you are never going to treat someone, you can help them though

all these problems are going to get much worse in every city and small town
    we are really really good at putting blinders on and pretending it doesn't exist

denver right now has two waring factions, one wants to continue with a camping ban the other wants to remove the camping ban
    They are raising hundreds of thousands of dollars to fight for what they believe in
    this is the political society we have created, where we throw millions of dollars around to prove a point
    if some of that money these two sides are pissing away was used to provide drug, alcohol, and mental health services we'd be doing much better
    but instead it's easier to run ad campaigns and hire consultants to spew endless bullshit

I recently spent some time with two individuals trying to stay sober, they were wacked out on methadone when we met, in one instant they would be totally coherent and the next they would be nodding off and drooling
    it was very disturbing, the idea that either of these two people are going to stay sober or live long meaningful lives was worthless, but I wish them well

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You win KQ.

NH is very flat.
    It's not a contest! I'm just saying that's what I experience. Come on.....besides the "average" is what has occurred over years. I'm sure it's shitty to be homeless no matter the temps.

Lol.