Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I wonder if those people know how lucky they are that you deign to speak to them.
    Oh I’m sure he tells them...

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I wonder if those people know how lucky they are that you deign to speak to them.
    They usually end up laughing and sharing about their lives. The homeless drunk that I gave a ride to was crying and hugging me after he said. I try to brighten their life for a moment. A good salesman asks questions. I try to connect.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    One answer to this is to put these people in jail or mental institutions.

I know. Crazy.
    The jails are the mental institutions.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    They usually end up laughing and sharing about their lives. The homeless drunk that I gave a ride to was crying and hugging me after he said. I try to brighten their life for a moment. A good salesman asks questions. I try to connect.
    It's nice that you can turn their plight into your "hobby."

Of course, I'd be more impressed with your generosity if you weren't such an insufferable douche on TGR. But you are, so I'm left to conclude you're kind of a "woke" phony.

Hobby it is not. Religious indoctrination and what my parents taught me. Just born lucky I guess. Plus I'm a very outgoing guy. Every clerk and store owner in town knows me.

Somehow I'll find a way to live without the respect of someone I've never met.

In the past 5 years I've noticed a real slowdown of migration of homeless past by back window to live in the forest. My town cleaned out the local camps. Better life in Seattle is my guess. My guess is that migration would revert back if they are made to leave the parks and sidewalks. Nobody has the funds to house them in anywhere but a prison.

There’s two corners downtown where they just need to plant cops and that was one of them - always shady there - that’s on spd

I've lived in Belltown; wherever they plant cops, just moves the problems a couple of blocks away. A major police presence moves the problems to another part of town.
    3rd Ave has always been an area to expedite quickly. Unfortunately a lot of innocent humanity has to wait for public transport as it's a main sound transit corridor.
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    There’s two corners downtown where they just need to plant cops and that was one of them - always shady there - that’s on spd
    They do park cops there, or at least used too. Uniformed and Plain Clothes. dedicated counter Narcotics and regular patrol. It wasn’t enough.

dude i transfer there for ~15 min 3x a week and i see crack and heroin in the open every single time. 7:30AM. shit is ridiculous. it is ignored through and through; ‘we’ do not care enough to change the outcome.

my twin brother transfers there twice a day. he left 5 mins before this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    They do park cops there, or at least used too. Uniformed and Plain Clothes. dedicated counter Narcotics and regular patrol. It wasn’t enough.
    And they do nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Sounds like and probably smells like a walk from the Port Authority terminal to the garment district in 1980. Arresting for misdemeanors worked. Expensive.

Yeah those were interesting times in some NYC neighborhoods.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    And they do nothing.
    Current SEA leadership doesn’t want to lock users up. Police are likely instructed not to arrest them. I don’t know about current numbers or if the police have just given up due to the shit city counsel, but they used to arrest and charge 10+ dealers a day from the second-third, pike-pine block. Many would be got on weapons violations too.

Nothing is going to change until some uber wealthy, influential tech asshole is beaheaded with a machete while walking home or brutally raped in an alley.

Making the head tax a reality, one at a time. Heh.

But shot to death right outside of her work isn’t enough?

I see a lot more homeless people in Mount Vernon and Burlington in the last couple years, there were always a few by the freeway exits/entrances and sleeping under the overpasses but recently there'd as many homeless as shoppers walking thru the parking lots. Out in front of Tractor Supply there's a Dodge Durango up on blocks with stuff piled 5' high on the roof that's been there since early December, there's a whole encampment built around it with several vehicles (that may or not be immobile) with several people with signs aggressively looking for a handout from every car going thru the intersection. Empty storefronts have also become permanent housing with blue poly tarps and barriers.

I have a friend who's a retired Seattle motorcycle cop who was real proud of work he had done to try to make Seattle (and it's cops) a better place in the 80's and early 90's. It was before I moved here so I don't know what it was like but from what I heard from him Seattle and it's cops were not as friendly as they are today and both were in need of improvement. I'll have to ask him what he thinks of Seattle these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yeah those were interesting times in some NYC neighborhoods.
    I was waiting in line for tickets overnight for something outside a small theatre (Dead related) with a friend when a guy comes up to my friend with a small bag of weed looking to sell it 'it's sense man, it sense" he keeps saying so my friend looks at it and sees crappy dirt weed a bunch of seeds and tells him it's crap and he doesn't want it. "You touched it man, give me the money" he says getting a little aggressive and having a few of his friends move in for support. When his small group were quickly surrounded by a much larger group of deadheads they took the bag back and disappeared.

If you don't want to lock people up for having a drug addiction problem that's fine. But that also means you need to adequately fund addiction services (the lock you in variety) and not tolerate anti-social behavior like assault, harrasment, etc.

I just heard you say to not tolerate mental illness. Jails would be a good place if they weren't called penal institutions

I think leaving people with mental illness on the streets to suffer is inhumane. I also think that tolerating repeat anti-social behavior is a disservice to society and the individual and worse builds ill will towards real solutions.

Seattle is dying

Bump - welp... the West Seattle Bridge is dying....

https://sdotblog.seattle.gov/2020/04...g-term-future/

Traffic for my commute went from not bad to fucked...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

damn, too many friends own over there. my brother is at california/admiral, though renting. roughhhh

kinda wish i still followed the west seattle blog

Seattle is dying

Hey, if anyone is looking for cheap real estate, come on over if you can figure out how to get here.

Looks like this peninsula is shut down for the next two years. Not sure what sort of reality I’m living in right now.

View from my living room. If this looks weird, it’s because usually every road in Seattle is bumper to bumper.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3412.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	325400

Seattle is dying

Duplicate.

Seattle is dying

Killer view! assuming you can see left and right of frame...

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Killer view! assuming you can see left and right of frame...

I can. Left is unobstructed downtown and right is Lover’s Package in Southcenter.