Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Users don't fight over turf. District managers of the Dealers do. I'm not saying drugs are good. Saying drugs are here. I know a guy in Seattle that was a dealer. The distribution system uses the Amway , Avon MLM model.

edit - Heroin? You must be a boomer who saw the French connection when it played in theaters.
    Can we get rid of the view post button?

Users stand in a downpour shouting at buses or shoot up on the sidewalk. They're also largely responsible for the increase in petty crime, theft etc. And they're a ready market for the dealers to gorge off of, most of the minor dealers are themselves users and anyone can carry enough to be a dealer but it be considered within personal use limits.

Your knowledge of toilet cleaner and cosmetics astounds.

Gen X.

Back on ignore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Users gonna use. If they got it for free we would end the violence. A 23 y o young lady friend is living in a car in SLC. We sit for her kid occasionally. But what do I know? You probably know more addicts and dealers than I do
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Users don't fight over turf. District managers of the Dealers do. I'm not saying drugs are good. Saying drugs are here. I know a guy in Seattle that was a dealer. The distribution system uses the Amway , Avon MLM model.

edit - Heroin? You must be a boomer who saw the French connection when it played in theaters.
    My friend used clothing salesman for his enterprise. Not Seattle based though or I could pass your info along.

I hadn't heard about the shootings yet

Suspects in shooting.

"According to court records, Tolliver has been arrested 44 times, convicted of one felony, 18 gross misdemeanors, and one misdemeanor. Records show Tolbert has been arrested 21 times, convicted of three felonies, and 12 gross misdemeanors."

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    My friend used clothing salesman for his enterprise. Not Seattle based though or I could pass your info along.

I hadn't heard about the shootings yet
    Love to connect with your friend. He'd probably get a kick out of tales of the traveling salesmen and he could tell me his own stories.

Not sure what your point was.

Guy wins a million bucks in the lottery. News guy asks him what he plans to do with the money. "Well" he says, "I'm a clothing rep and I guess I'll keep doing that until the money runs out. "

Gallows humor from when we were watching Walmart and China put all of our customers out of business.

9 year old shot. Luckily he will survive but that’s fucked.

Same day my building in U District went on lockdown due to an Axe wielding homeless guy assaulting people at 45th and Roosevelt.

And another shooting at Westlake same day.

Jan 22 not a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Why aren't there as many cops around as there is in NYC?

Why aren't there as many cops around as there is in NYC?
    cops don’t want to work for a city council that won’t let them enforce the law and prosecutors who don’t prosecute.

So the cops are on a slowdown ?

Pretty sure they just allow open drug use and street camping because what’s the point. You arrest someone and then 2 hours later they are back on the street doing the same shit.

They can’t keep their numbers up because cops in Seattle area don’t want to work for the city so they go to Bellevue, Redmond, Lynwood, etc. can’t blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Pretty sure they just allow open drug use and street camping because what’s the point. You arrest someone and then 2 hours later they are back on the street doing the same shit.

They can’t keep their numbers up because cops in Seattle area don’t want to work for the city so they go to Bellevue, Redmond, Lynwood, etc. can’t blame them.

Yep.

https://www.kuow.org/stories/seattle...plan-to-fix-it

@ AK47

I hear yo on the job changing. I've only met one detective who works Mercer and and a patrol cop who was sent to work in Mercer on for RandR after too many days undercover. Do you know these cops or listening to too much Dori Monson.

I used to respect cops but it's become a shitty job that attracts assistant store manager quality people with issues.

As always, lots of bitching and no real solutions offered.

@ AK47

I hear yo on the job changing. I've only met one detective who works Mercer and and a patrol cop who was sent to work in Mercer on for RandR after too many days undercover. Do you know these cops or listening to too much Dori Monson.

I used to respect cops but it's become a shitty job that attracts assistant store manager quality people with issues.
    I don’t know any cops but this info is all over local news.

Same day my building in U District went on lockdown due to an Axe wielding homeless guy assaulting people at 45th and Roosevelt.
    I’m on the UW alert texts because I have a project in campus. Got this while eating lunch and almost spit out my food:

“UW Alert Seattle
    Armed robbery in the 4500 block of Roosevelt Way NE around 12:20pm. Suspect displayed ax, headed north. If seen call 911.”

There was a great one last summer where they thought there was an active shooter but it was a roofer with a nail gun.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

but this info is all over local news.
    Unless it's a golf course anecdote did it really happen for wooley?

People say I have a bigger mouth than you do IRL but I don't know you IRL but I'd bet I talk to more people who are more diverse. Junkies, homeless, undocumented, Muslim. I seek them out to talk to. Retirement hobby if you will. I don't make anything up here, or anywhere, because I have a hard enough time remembering the truth. I'd never be able to remember a lie.

and you can take that to the bank.

I'd bet I talk to more people who are more diverse. Junkies, homeless, undocumented, Muslim. I seek them out to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Suspects in shooting.

"According to court records, Tolliver has been arrested 44 times, convicted of one felony, 18 gross misdemeanors, and one misdemeanor. Records show Tolbert has been arrested 21 times, convicted of three felonies, and 12 gross misdemeanors."
    And both are 24. Impressive resumes.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    And both are 24. Impressive resumes.
    Juvenile records would be sealed... that just 18-24.

I don’t know any cops but this info is all over local news.

KOMO4

Seattle Cops leaving for Tacoma, King County and Pierce County despite significantly lower pay is pretty well documented. They are tired of the do nothing attitude from City Hall. Despite being one of the best paid police force they are struggling to staff the force.

The McDonalds at 3rd and Pine has been a sketchy place for at-least the last 20 years but the last 3-5 it’s become a serious fucking disaster.

I think some folks want to pretend the opioid crisis hasn’t reached us in our progressive and prosperous city. Fucking lol.

On another note, I remember the giant drop off of UW violent incident notifications when the homeless encampment was moved out of University Congressional Church parking lot on 15th and 45th. Went from about 2 a week to a handful every quarter.

I talk to more people who are more diverse. Junkies, homeless, undocumented, Muslim. I seek them out to talk to.
    I wonder if those people know how lucky they are that you deign to speak to them.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Seattle Cops leaving for Tacoma, King County and Pierce County despite significantly lower pay is pretty well documented. They are tired of the do nothing attitude from City Hall. Despite being one of the best paid police force they are struggling to staff the force.

The McDonalds at 3rd and Pine has been a sketchy place for at-least the last 20 years but the last 3-5 it’s become a serious fucking disaster.

I think some folks want to pretend the opioid crisis hasn’t reached us in our progressive and prosperous city. Fucking lol.

On another note, I remember the giant drop off of UW violent incident notifications when the homeless encampment was moved out of University Congressional Church parking lot on 15th and 45th. Went from about 2 a week to a handful every quarter.
    Heard an interview with Jim Pugel talking about that corner and how it had always been a bad spot.

And that Seattle police were able to take care of it.

Apart... from when they haven't. Even when it was his responsibility to do so as head of precinct.

One answer to this is to put these people in jail or mental institutions.

I know. Crazy.