Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Gradually taper off over a long period of time. Minimum of one week of a small reduction at a time.

That should help her if she’s willing.

I was taking 12 pills a day. Went to 11.5 pills a day for a week. All the way down to a pill split into quarters, taking the quarter before bed. Sleeping was one of the hardest parts.

Weed and exercise help too.
    How did you handle your relapses? Every one deeper than the last because you failed your family?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    How did you handle your relapses? Every one deeper than the last because you failed your family?
    Took about 4 times

How did you get the pills?

Internet

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Took about 4 times
    And? Was each deeper? Your support of lack of? Get spin dried? PM in you need to please.

Been listening to this.

https://one.npr.org/?sharedMediaId=697583644:697583646

Seattle is dying

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    WTF? People never cease to amaze me.
    I used Dexedrine to train and compete in tennis. Never had an addiction. Strictly business.

I doubt Rasputin’s sis was hittin the pipe or needle.

If used correctly amphetamine is not much different than any other drug.

As I’ve probably said I’m just lucky I didn’t like Cocaine.

Adderrall is a cute name for meth.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by 4matic; 03-22-2019 at 12:35 AM.

I wonder if this West Virginia doctor said "If used correctly, opiods are not much different than any other drug"....as she wrote 130 opiod prescriptions per day. She's chilling in the Bahamas now.
    https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...ic-painkillers

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    Watch that video of "Travis"-does he appear to be someone who wants to be "helped"..? What to do with that character, is leaving him on the downtown street to shoot up in front of everyone and cause problems the best/only option?
    the guy is mentally ill, our current solution is to throw him in jail over and over for the petty crimes he commits trying to self medicate

we need to invest billions of dollars and start opening mental institutions again, provide people the medication they need, provide help, provide structure in their life, and give them tasks to do every day
    right now jails are the answer and we are one of the best countries in the world?

forget that shit though, we'd rather spend billions on wars half way across the world instead, then these people show back up in our country we let them live on the streets and deal with their issues that way, what a great society, someone I know finally off'd themselves after a few tours, the other day I had to listen to a friend of his tell me stories from when they were kids, talk about uncomfortable, I also listened to his mother talk about how he was going to kill himself eventually, pretty fucked up world when you see and know death is coming to someone, but that's what drugs and alcohol do

Try going through the court system as a drug offender, it's awesome, cops and DA's throw as many charges against you as they can. DA's want to look tough on crime to further their own political value. The the judges provide leniency hoping sobriety will prevail. In the end it just becomes a cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    the guy is mentally ill, our current solution is to throw him in jail over and over for the petty crimes he commits trying to self medicate
    No, your current "solution" is to put him back on the street "over and over" instead of keeping him in custody and forcing rehab and treatment upon him. Again,watch the video and see how Rhode Island would deal with him and his ilk.

Opioid crisis is a cop out to not look at the structural inequities we have built into our economy and society. Most homeless or near homeless don't want to be on the street. There are a huge number of people in Oregon who are living right on the bubble, one broke down car or missed paycheck away from not paying the rent.

SLC and San Antonio and a few other places have shown that if you house people and connect them to services you get results.

Recent stat. I heard was that roughly 20 percent of the homeless population would require daily visits and intervention from a case worker to stay sheltered due to mental illness or drug issues that will never fully be resolved.

This issue is being handled by local municipalities but really needs to be addressed at the state and federal level to move the needle. Very little will change until there is political will to do something.

All that said, the tolerance of drug use and petty crime is not helping the political arguments that are being made.

Last one out turn off the lights.
    watch out for snakes

Drug & alcohol abuse is the problem, not Drug & Alcohol use. We've shown we want society to tolerate drug & alcohol use, now we need to deal with the abuse that comes along with widespread use.

petty crime is annoying, but the "broken windows" theory of policing has been debunked I believe.

WTF? People never cease to amaze me.
    it does seem crazy, but 20-30 years ago wasn't it just called speed and not much was known about it?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post

petty crime is annoying, but the "broken windows" theory of policing has been debunked I believe.
    it worked very very well in Manhattan in the 1990's
    the reality is it shifted the problems to somewhere else, politicians and police looked like heros in nyc, yet many small towns and cities in upstate new york took on the burden

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    it does seem crazy, but 20-30 years ago wasn't it just called speed and not much was known about it?
    Maybe. The crazy thing to me is that people actually take drugs so they can study more. What a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    No, your current "solution" is to put him back on the street "over and over" instead of keeping him in custody and forcing rehab and treatment upon him. Again,watch the video and see how Rhode Island would deal with him and his ilk.
    we need widespread mental institutions to keep them off the streets and out of jail

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    playboy did a great article years ago about the rise of meth and speed, how it was created and came out about in the 1980's, it was pretty good
    meth originally wasn't that bad, it was up there with coke, but as we created laws to make it more difficult to get the ingredients to make meth, people found other ways to make it which created a shittier more unhealthy drug, typical gov't where you make all these laws hoping for a solution but you end up making things worse in long run

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Drug & alcohol abuse is the problem, not Drug & Alcohol use.
    Yup. The older I get, the more convinced I become that we need to at a *minimum* decriminalize all of it. Preferable would be to actually legalize ALL of it.

I don't know what the War on Drug costs us, but move ALL of those $$ from the "war" to treatment, etc.

The OVERWHELMING evidence tells us that prohibition simply doesn't work.

Yet we continue to bash our heads against that wall... hoping in vain that maybe some day it WILL work.

It won't.

I dont think full scale localization of things like meth and heroin is the solution but heroin clinics where addicts can get a legal fix without stealing anyone's shit to pay the scumbag dealer would be a great start...

Buttahflake will be along shortly to propose lacing all heroin with carfentanyl as a solution to the opiod crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Adderrall is a cute name for meth.
    Conversely, meth is a scary name for Adderall. Millions of people have experimented with meth and quit. It's a small minority that become addicted, and a smaller minority still that become the stereotypical toothless tweaker. Not that I am suggesting the anyone go use street meth, but there are serious parallels between meth and 80's crack hysteria.

Maybe. The crazy thing to me is that people actually take drugs so they can study more. What a waste.
    it is a waste of drugs, they should be used for fun.

If you buy powder drugs on the street, you are playing Russian roulette. Don’t buy powder drugs, it’s really that easy. Whaa, I’m addicted to opioids, sack up and go cold turkey, it won’t kill you. Buying drugs on the street will.
    crab in my shoe mouth

So much ignorance with so few words. Congrats.

How is that ignorant? The only drug that will kill you, going cold turkey, is alcohol. Wake the fuck up.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    I dont think full scale localization of things like meth and heroin is the solution but heroin clinics where addicts can get a legal fix without stealing anyone's shit to pay the scumbag dealer would be a great start...
    We have to get rid of the incentive of huge $$ due to prohibition, IMO. And I really don't see a reasonable way to do that other than legalize and regulating ALL of it.

I grew up in the heart of "Just Say No" and I know a LOT of people that have trouble considering anything other than... well, just saying "no" - I just don't think, as humans, that it will ever actually work.