Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    They cant get off the street and get help if there isnt a place off the streets and help for them...
    OMFG a quick GOOGLE shows that WA has LOTS of options. For homeless and substances.. C'mon now. If they are committing crimes and causing trouble they need to be TAKEN off the streets if they won't take the step themselves...

https://www.shelterlistings.org/city/seattle-wa.html

https://www.drugrehab.com/washington/seattle/

or build a subway system to house them like they did in NYC.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Seattle isn't dying, this thread sucks.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    OMFG a quick GOOGLE shows that WA has LOTS of options. For homeless and substances.. C'mon now. If they are committing crimes and causing trouble they need to be TAKEN off the streets if they won't take the step themselves...

https://www.shelterlistings.org/city/seattle-wa.html

https://www.drugrehab.com/washington/seattle/
    OMFG.

Call those places and see how long the waiting list is...

And a bed during night time if you get there before they fill up isnt "off the streets"

Also. Will they take someone currently using?

On the sex offender list? Felons? Men?

It's not that simple, asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    or build a subway system to house them like they did in NYC.
    or port authority terminals where "your buddy" can get handjobs from underage chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    It's not that simple, asshole.
    Wow... you haven't changed,have you...

She called a spade a spade. Asshole.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    She called a spade a spade. Asshole.
    Two peas in a pod....

Yep. Actually can care about someone other than themselves. You wish hurt on people that you don't even know. Men women and children. Everyone knows that kind of thinking is sick.
    Last edited by wooley12; 03-27-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Bellevue
    what hasn't changed is there's still way more good skiing <150 miles than Nashville.

Yep. Actually can care about someone other that themselves. You wish hurt on people that you don't even know. Men women and children. Everyone knows that kind of thinking is sick.
    You say you "care", but you two offer no solutions. "Wish hurt" - what farking planet ARE you on? My best friend I had known since childhood died from a Fentanyl OD on Labor day of 2017, keep your insults to yourself MM-K?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    What is the solution..?
    High taxes for the super wealthy, significant re-think of our military size and commitments, and massive investment in public infrastructure demanding millions and millions of jobs driving the entire labor market upward while fixing decades of deferred maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Or, you know, your doctor prescribes it and you listen because they're supposed to know what they're doing.
    I said 'unless you were in a compromised position..." That's why I tried to refuse it when I was in the hospital around New Years. I know that I have a tendency to enjoy a good buzz and have that weakness that causes people to fall into the hole.

" I have a hard time seeing that as a disease."

That is the problem right there. Define disease please.
    There are many diseases but I don't think you can consider a self induced drug addiction a disease. This is just my opinion and is probably not backed up by medical science.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Wow. You're just overflowing with the milk of human kindness aren't you.

And once again apparently able to divine others life story at a glance.
    Yup totally overflowing.
    We all try to do that, it's what humans do. Having lived in one of the largest urban/suburban centers in the country for the bulk of my life I've been exposed to and met many types of people and have made it kind of a sociological study over the years. I've also lived in some of the smallest towns in the country and all sorts of places in between and been exposed to a lot of the good and bad aspects of people being people. I always give the person in front of me the benefit of the doubt until they prove themselves, always. I just don't have any sympathy for self inflicted problems that cause a drain on the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    And this is why our little fella is going to private school 😐
    Isn’t that sad
    After years of paying taxes for schools, you hope to get something back
    Then you realize how much public school sucks and you have to pay more!
    . . .

Dying? maybe but

We've got the best computers and coffee and smack.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I just don't have any sympathy for self inflicted problems
    Luckily you seem able to immediately detect and define self inflicted at very long range.

There are many diseases but I don't think you can consider a self induced drug addiction a disease. This is just my opinion and is probably not backed up by medical science.
    And to make up the meaning of disease as you see conveiant.

that cause a drain on the rest of us.
    Or that are too draining on you.
    Last edited by PNWbrit; 03-27-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

All this shit is so complicated; don't understand the dissing but hey, isn't the root compassion ?
    My brother died as a result of addiction which I interpret as a mental health issue. We could never get through to him. It starts with getting through.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    what hasn't changed is there's still way more good skiing <150 miles than Nashville.
    Funny thing about Tennessee, highest rate of opiod perscriptions in the country. Next highest is West Virginia. (When you beat wv at any opiod metric, you know you've got problems). They just changed the state motto from "volunteers" to "junkies". And they're far from skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Luckily you seem able to immediately detect and define self inflicted at very long range.
    Dude yeah, you stick a needle into yourself, smoke, snort whatever that's self inflicted. It's not a tough concept. Many of us have played with things like these and not ended up in the hole. Is it because we were strong enough to walk away or is there a chemical imbalance in some bodies that won't allow the brain to win the fight so the person can walk away? I don't know but what I do know is that if you make the decision to start there is a chance that you won't walk away. Is that a disease or something else? I don't know that either but it started with a conscious decision.

Would you drive past someone who ran out of gas? Self inflicted, not a disease and they would know better next time, right? I know people who would do that, but that's not me. Believe whatever lets you sleep at night.

IMO the whole problem, as depicted in the KOMO story, is a mental illness issue. Society has never figured out what to do with severely mentally ill people, not really. When we decided institutionalizing them was inhumane, we essentially just moved the problem outside onto the streets. Mix in easy access to drugs and that leads to the addiction problem, like we couldn't see that coming duh. These are not people who are "down on their luck." The streets of Seattle are just an open air insane asylum with easy access to drugs.

There is no realistic solution except putting people back in institutions, which at least eliminates the addiction element and very real chance of overdose. Ultimately isn't that more humane than what we have now created on the streets by giving mentally ill people easy access to heroin and meth and alcohol? That is not helping them, I think we can all agree. Institutionalizing people against their will seems crue, but so is making them live outside addicted to drugs.

KOMO did not depict the WHOLE problem. KOMO depicted the drug problem to make you wet your pants. It worked You want round up a few thousand people and put them in camps. It would definitely work. Run for mayor and call your plan the Final Solution. You would get a lot of votes. Then find that the money isn't there to be humane. The money wasn't there as promised by the GOP when they emptied the institutions on the 70's for promised support. Nothing has changed.

But hey, you are certainly welcome to your opinion based on right wing videos.

The takedown of global capitalism could not fit in an hour, so they focused on what happens when people are allowed to go feral in the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by knopfler View Post
    The takedown of global capitalism could not fit in an hour, so they focused on what happens when people are allowed to go feral in the streets.
    So a "takedown of global capitalism" would solve this? wow

Would you drive past someone who ran out of gas? Self inflicted, not a disease and they would know better next time, right? I know people who would do that, but that's not me. Believe whatever lets you sleep at night.
    Interesting idea. Every syringe could come with a little gauge. When the light goes on, you stop hitting the plunger for 48 hrs.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang