Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    A snowball's chance in hell.

Low(ish) base elevation, southern exposure, no real population close by (1:30 or longer from Nelson or Castlegar - plus why choose this over WH2O or Red?).

It's a long drive from Vancouver or Calgary or Spokane (passing lots of ski areas along the way) and CYCG is notoriously unreliable.

Hmm, maybe I shouldn’t have sold my house in ND after all.

Seriously though, the road between ND and 3 forks sucks under heavy snow. If you drive it in the summer, you can see every sharp corner still has remnants of avy debris on it.

The access road looks like it joins up to the back road around Bear Lake.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

I read this as "Zitcoin" and thought it was some new blockchain offering.

Interesting. Lot's of mine roads zig zagging all over the place up there. Should be no problem for access for putting lift towers and maintenance, just a little bulldozing and cutting and it's set.

I almost managed to get myself lost up there after my wife dropped me off at the "trailhead" near Sandon, all I remember is the trail was on the south side of the creek and that's where I stayed. I followed some sort of trail down past a whole bunch of old mining ruins and took a wrong turn down to a somewhat active mine site only to retrace my tracks and find that the trail went up and left and not down and right. The mine site was kind of interesting, but I didn't poke around much at all into the adit mostly because there was a air engine at the entrance and some sort of critter quickly retreated to the depths of the mine as I showed up.

254+ homes/cabins seems like both alot and alittle. Alot of units to sell. And at full occupancy that's 1-2,000 people? That seems like alot for a 1 or 2 chairlift mountain without a lodge. But at the same time that seems like too few people - especially at nonpeak occupancy - to support reasonable commercial services in any kind of a "mountain village". At least with anything below Yellowstone Club price of admission. Curious how this plays out.

And when those lifts are sold off to established ski areas (assuming they even get built in the first place) those property values fall back to nothing.