Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Was awesome. Eat mushrooms.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Fuckity fuck. Just saw it. I had nooooooo idea it was only part of it. How many more? When? WTF?
    About an hour and a half in I was wondering where the sister was, or when was he gonna ride a worm, and then, oooooohhhh, damn.
    I've read it's a two part thing. If this one is successfull enough to warrant making it. Which it almost certainly will be, but means you'll be waiting a while for the second, it's not in the can already.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I've read it's a two part thing. If this one is successfull enough to warrant making it. Which it almost certainly will be, but means you'll be waiting a while for the second, it's not in the can already.
    I read something along the lines of it having made over $100M in its first week of overseas release - as of a week or two ago. Before the U.S. release.

I can't imagine it not having the 2nd part now, even if it hasn't been officially announced.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Watched last night, I know nothing about the history of the original film but FUCK. I haven’t been sucked into a movie in very long time.

Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What y'all said.

And I'd just like to reiterate: the casting is spot on, and sooooo relieved to have something to blot out the nightmare of Lynch's bloated, over-ripe kack

I went last night with one of my sons. Lucky for me my only previous experience with Dune was the 1984 movie, never read the books. This new version is a lot better than the old one. I’ll say that. A lot of world building but overall pretty good. Hopefully it makes enough money for them to make more

Dune may finally get its proper film treatment

Ten minutes in it was clear the film would not disappoint.

The hype must flow!!!!

Just got home from the small town theater. The film was excellent. The acting, the score, the pacing, the cinematography... It all felt like it was done right. I'll say that the meager sound system in this particular theater managed not to overdo the score and drown out any dialog. I need to watch this again, which is something i never do with movie in a theater.

Watched it on Max with the 11 y.o. last night and we both loved it. Great movie.

That was a hoot. A really excellent big budget science fiction movie. My son and I saw it at an IMAX and the sound/score is concussive. When the characters use “the voice”, it feels like you get punched.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Yup. As someone who has read the novel more times than I have fingers to count, I thought it very well done. I now want to also catch it on the big screen, mostly for big audio, but I was impressed with the scale presented even on our home TV.
    I hope we don't have to wait too long for part 2.

One nitpick is that the movie ends on a strange note. It's odd pacing for the end of the film, but Im guessing they did it to get certain characters into the film for marketing purposes.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Definitely hoping we get to see the second episode of "game of thrones in space."

Seriously though, Villeneuve retains his place as one of the best directors of the modern era. He did a fairly impressive job of packaging a big story with a bunch of different, simultaneously unfolding themes into a more or less comprehensible story line.

I'm watching it right now.. It's got a 2001 vibe to it with a lot of sub woofer thunder. I've got a good set up for that surround theater.. lights out.. Kinda over the top for me though. I need some comic relief and a catchy tune here and there in everything. But, it does draw me in, I never watched the first one...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

After what he did with Bladerunner I was disappointed with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Dune may finally get its proper film treatment

Thread title needs to be updated to “Dune finally got its proper film treatment”

Tho was it shot on film? Probably all digital. Still good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'm watching it right now.. It's got a 2001 vibe to it with a lot of sub woofer thunder. I've got a good set up for that surround theater.. lights out.. Kinda over the top for me though. I need some comic relief and a catchy tune here and there in everything. But, it does draw me in, I never watched the first one...
    How are you watching from home? Where can I watch online? I figured I would have to wait a month or so
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

HBO Max.
    Excellent movie. Can’t wait for part 2.

Now I’m deciding if I want to subscribe to max to watch it now. 10 pm Sunday night. Don’t start work till 6.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Just finished it on Max. It's worth subscribing for.

It's good to have big subs. Even my GF didn't complain when the house was shaking.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Just signed up for a year of max. Movie just started on my big ass tv. TTL
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Worthy fanedit of Lynch's 84 film:

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

I'm not a fan of all the split subscriptions. I keep my own Plex server stocked up with some popular movies/shows. PM me if you want an invite, everything is free of charge of course.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    After what he did with Bladerunner I was disappointed with it.
    Curious...
    Can you elaborate?

I just noticed it's available on HBO Max last night. Since I get it free with my AT&T mobile service, I will need to cue it up this week.