Meridian vs Meridian Tour

Wondering how much performance is lost with the weight.
    Any beta on the Tours as a true 50/50?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Check the moment thread yet? There’s an active discussion going on there. Might want to post this question in there.

Posted this there but it got lost in the discussion.
    Anyone?

Bump, anyone?

Not the Meridian but I ski the Deathwish & Deathwish tour and they similar but definitely not the same. The difference in weight is very noticeable in heavy or chopped up snow. On groomers they are very much the same, in deep light powder they are good also. I think the best way to put it is they ski just about the way you would think a lighter way ski of the same design would ski.

You can check blister review on Bibby vs Bibby Tour and it will be pretty much what you're looking for. But to be honest, if you really look for 50/50 ski, go for a heavy version. Weight penalty is not that big with Moment layups. I toured with original Bibby for couple of years before Bibby Tour was even released. And still, after switching to a pow-specific touring setup, after some tours I think I'd rather take the weight penalty than suffer lightweight skis limitations on the way down. If you really want 50/50 setup, go for mid-weight ski and inserts for alpine binding and ultralight touring binding.

I grabbed some short Meridian 117's that I was thinking of making a 50/50 with a Kingpin for early/late season crud/choppy stuff.

I have not liked skiing on "tour/light" stuff.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    You can check blister review on Bibby vs Bibby Tour and it will be pretty much what you're looking for. But to be honest, if you really look for 50/50 ski, go for a heavy version. Weight penalty is not that big with Moment layups. I toured with original Bibby for couple of years before Bibby Tour was even released. And still, after switching to a pow-specific touring setup, after some tours I think I'd rather take the weight penalty than suffer lightweight skis limitations on the way down. If you really want 50/50 setup, go for mid-weight ski and inserts for alpine binding and ultralight touring binding.
    Thanks this makes sense. I was going to go the Shifts route regarding binding so I was contemplating trying to save weight somewhere. This was going to be my early season/hasn’t snowed in a week or two touring ski with some resort days (maybe 10-15 days total inbounds). Typically I’m on my Wailers/Dynafit once there’s a good base on the ground.

Also had the thought of maybe sizing up to the 187 in the touring and that would give a little more support through the chop compared to the 181 but again, haven’t gotten to ski the longer model to see if there’s truth to that.