Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру

Wink I didn't see that coming

I had a super awesome day on Monday, skiing in the bright sun at The Bowl with a couple of my best friends, and remarked that it had been a great season for me ( I had just had a long vacation with great skiing conditions for all of it.)

Tuesday, I went to work not feeling very good, and it quickly degraded to feeling quite crappy, sharp stomach pains and intestinal discomfort. Though I am loathe to leaving early from a shift, I told my boss I really needed to go home. I am generally a die hard when it comes to work, so she told me to go ahead.

After lying down for a while, I though about taking some Milk of Magnesia to clear the pipes, but I recalled that it was advised not to do so without consulting a doctor when one has stomach pain. I had the thought that my company added Teledoc to my benefits this year, so got on the phone with a doctor to ask if that would be OK. After hearing my description, the doctor rather bruskly said no, but that I should go to a clinic or ER and have a doctor examine me, which at the time seemed like he just wanted to pass the buck.

After a few hours of no improvement, I finally decided to limp myself over to the ER and see what they had to say. There, the doctor felt my symptoms were worthy of a CT scan, and when the doctor came back, he informed me that he was 80% sure that I had a developing appendicitis. I spent the night in the hospital, and went into surgery the next evening. They caught it ideally early, according to the surgeon, as it was just beginning to ooze puss.

I came home yesterday, with a bottle of percocet, and fond memories of several gorgeous nurses, and techs, who were at my beck and call. Sigh, sad that I have to get an organ removed to have beautiful women flutter about attending to my needs.

Doc says I can't ski for two weeks, we'll see if I agree in a few days.
    Last edited by Rasputin; 03-16-2019 at 01:11 PM.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Dude.... just in time. Count yer lucks.

Enjoy the Percocet!

Enjoy cruising the earth for the rest of your days knowing that little fucking thing won't ever be a problem again.

Sent from my XT1254 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Enjoy cruising the earth for the rest of your days knowing that little fucking thing won't ever be a problem again.

Sent from my XT1254 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yep, and it will not cost me any more than $5K for that peace of mind. Deductible slain!
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Rasputin - good to see yer still around!

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Rasputin - good to see yer still around!
    Live and dangerous.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I came home yesterday, with a bottle of percocet, and fond memories of several gorgeous nurses, and techs, who were at my beck and call. Sigh, sad that I have to get an organ removed to have beautiful women flutter about attending to my needs.
    I don't know, still have your tonsils?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Live and dangerous.....
    Now With Less Infection!

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I don't know, still have your tonsils?
    I do, in fact, still have my tonsils......hmmm, beautiful nurses and ice cream, if it happened I wouldn't complain too loudly.

These young docs with their CT scans. I made the diagnosis by the second paragraph. : - ) (I truly did.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    These young docs with their CT scans. I made the diagnosis by the second paragraph. : - ) (I truly did.)
    Yep, used to be pretty common knowledge that abdominal pain plus fever are the main warning signs to check that.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Glad that turned out well for ya.

Heal up

I was back on skis today, a few days before the surgeon recommended (follow up is on Tuesday), but I skied groomers......mostly. It was a happy day.

I was back on skis today, a few days before the surgeon recommended (follow up is on Tuesday), but I skied groomers......mostly. It was a happy day.
    This is good word. What's next? A spleen for a bonnet?

I generally prefer keeping my innards inward........ but bonnets are always nice.

You got 2 ear lobes, right? Just working with you here.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Yep, used to be pretty common knowledge that abdominal pain plus fever are the main warning signs to check that.
    Well I didn't have a fever, so there's that. Teladoc thought it might be diverticulitis.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You got 2 ear lobes, right? Just working with you here.
    Lol.

Have you been circumcised? Just sayin'.

Parts, dem parts.

First fleshy part I've had removed, since circumcision that is. Oh well, at least I lost some weight.

That, my friends, is the power of Positive Thinking!

Take Heed!

Well I didn't have a fever, so there's that. Teladoc thought it might be diverticulitis.
    I should have signed up to be a teledoc while I'm laid up after my crash.
    Last edited by old goat; 03-25-2019 at 12:36 PM.

Probably hadn't totally let go yet. When it starts spewing puss the fever comes next..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Probably hadn't totally let go yet. When it starts spewing puss the fever comes next..
    Usually low grade fever before rupture (100.5 ish or higher) but not always.