Why are Dynafit Beasts priced so cheaply now?

In searching for gear on ebay over the past few months, I've noticed that there have been a bunch of Dynafit Beasts (both 14 and 16 din) going for super cheap, especially compared to the MSRP. When the beasts first came out I didn't get them because of that stupid heel attachment you had to screw into your boots, and the ridiculously high price. Now though, with their current price being so low, are they worth it?
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

I noticed this as well. I saw them on Evo Outlet for $175. I bet it's because there's no marketplace for them anymore. Anyone who is looking for a downhill performing touring binding is looking at Shift/Tecton/Kingpin which are higher performing and safer and/or lighter. Seems like a great snag for someone on a budget.

They suck. Super heavy and don’t have a flat touring mode. Deal breaker for most.

Plenty of great bindings on the market which ski better, tour better, suck less and don’t require you to modify your boots to the point where they don’t fucking work in other bindings anymore.

Kingpin, Tecton, Shift, CAST are all much preferable from an ease of use and not being dumb fucking bindings which are complicated for no other apparent reason than being complicated.

Yeah they are obsolete now

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

But they do work and are cheap. Just grease them good and keep lock de-icing spray in your pack. For sidecountry/sledskiing use they are ok for price. You can file the boot insert so that it works with other bindings too.

If you have cash, buy something else. If not, they are better than dukes or guardians.

Lähetetty minun FIG-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

I would debate the "they do work" of it all. I've seen so many break in the field, that it almost feels like you're paying $175 to have to jimmy-rig a binding after it falls apart in the backcountry, limp back to the car, and then have no dealer support on the piece of crap that you just drilled a bunch of holes in your skis, and your boots to use.

Hah, I must have good luck. Broke one toe piece because it wasn't lubricated enough, froze and I forced it to open. After learning lesson from that haven't had problems.

But still like I said, buy something else if you have money

Lähetetty minun FIG-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

The beast 14 really wasnt that bad at the time it came out. Nowadays there are better and lighter options. I think the main fuckup dynafit made was with the marketing, introducing it at ridiculous prices as well as claiming non-compatibility with other bindings. And then fucking over the people that did buy it by dumping the remaining stock on the market for cheap.
    The beast 16 toepiece was a big liability though.

What XavierD and cydwhit said.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

my experience has been that things break on them, and can leave u in a lurch...
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....