Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    might buy an eaglecrest pass next year to get in on this
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Such a good deal. I'd be pissed if I just bought one though. Kind of turning the business model on its head here but I just want this to work out so I forwarded to a couple guys who are on the fence.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

new version is out now

a few black out days for $200 pass

non-black out for $300

upgrade if you have a pass for an indy resort to get the full indy pass

credit if you didn't use indy pass last year so much.

this pass rocks.....

I used it last year. I definitely got my money’s worth just skiing within day trip distance of NYC

still unsure if the US/CND boarder will open. limited option if I'm in canukistain only.

but a HELL of a deal

any maggots interested in a group pass?

under FAQ:

Is there a group discount for bulk purchases?
    Yes! Your club, team or group can get a discount by purchasing ten or more passes. For every ten passes purchased, we will issue one free pass.

Note: free pass issued will be equivalent in value to the lowest valued pass included on the group discount. For example, if you purchase nine adult passes for $199 and one kids pass for $99, the free pass will be a kids pass valued at $99.

To take advantage of group discounts or to learn more, contact us at info@indyskipass.com. Group discounts cannot be applied to online purchases.

Just keeps getting better.!

https://www.indyskipass.com/

Had an issue this last weekend with a ski area using a weak excuse to refuse to honor my Indy Pass, then 'offering' to let me ski there if I paid full price for a lift ticket.

Most irritatingly, I'd driven 150 miles to be turned away.

Indy's rep sees no issue.

Is this something others have been seeing?

some more details would be helpful....

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    some more details would be helpful....
    na, vague is best really.

Intentionally being vague. My situation was not one sided, I'd failed to make a reservation because a few weeks ago no reservation was needed, and didn't drill far enough into the ski area's website to find out the policy had changed.

I want to know if there's a trend going on here or what.

If you had an IndyPass with a valid day on the pass, drove 150 miles and they wouldn't let you ski because you didn't have a reservation that's kinda shitty of them. Especially that you mentioned they offered to let you avoid the reservation issue by simply paying for a lift ticket at the window...so in the end it had nothing to do with overcapacity.

Exactly. If this is something happening as a trend, I want to know, and maybe start some form of pushback.

If not, then I should go on with my life.

Not naming the ski area, and won't unless it turns out this looks like a routine way of shaking customers down.

the reservation things seem to be left up to the ski areas. been to 3 places in 1.5 states. 2 places no reservations necessary, just show up.

3rd required a reservation that I didn't have. it was a weekday and they weren't full so they still let me in, but reservations was apparently a big deal with that place.

To me it seems like you should have been able to use it if they had day tickets available. I haven’t heard about other Indy Resorts doing this but I think I read about something similar at an Ikon hill. I’ve been to four resorts in 2.5 states so far. Two days required reservations but I had them in hand. I’ve been pretty paranoid about checking/rechecking the hills’ policies because I think I would lose my shit entirely if I drove 150 miles and couldn’t use the day.

Same here...it's not consistent and have to check. Cannon (NH) absolutely requires it but Waterville Valley does not. Went to Cannon yesterday with my 81-year-old dad and at Cannon, 65+ ski for free on weekdays...but require a reservation. I had reserved my Indy day on Saturday but my dad didn't reserve his freebie. Lady at the window was cool and let my dad ski for free but cautioned him that not all employees would necessarily do so.

Going to Waterville Valley today. Checked their website again last night and it still says no reservation required. My dad has a pass so should be no issues. We'll see...once it goes back above zero degrees (F).

I love the price of the Indy, but it was definitely a weird year with reservations. Made it difficult to use days, and to play the weather.

I think it's inevitable that most places will require reservations for Indy Pass post-COVID. At places like Magic in Vermont, where they limit ticket sales even pre-COVID, I'm pretty sure they are going to require reservations for Indy Pass use.

To be honest, I think the reservation system helps...imagine if it's a pow day and you drive through the shit for a coupla hours to get to your favorite Indy resort only to find they've already sold out...again, this applies to areas that limit ticket sales irrespective of social distancing and COVID capacity requirements.

Powder mountain!
    ashland!
    west mountain (in NY)
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Powder mountain!
    ashland!
    west mountain (in NY)
    Looks like they added A LOT more blackout dates than this year for some of the bigger name mountains on the pass:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Indy Pass Blackouts.JPG 
Views:	208 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	372905

But Pow Mow is definitely a great add.

Wow, those blackout changes are going to lose them a lot of customers. Was just talking to my wife about doing Indy with the family in addition to our Alpental passes , but this kills that thought.

that pass is useless for cannon and saddleback now......

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    that pass is useless for cannon and saddleback now......
    And powder mountain. No weekends or holidays at all. Not useless but I know Cannon has midweek deals.
    We had so many indy skiers this season. Probably good to get them in midweek.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

seems weird for powmow to jump into the mega pass thing.