Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Anyone have experience with the San Juan Huts from Ouray to Durango? Still plenty of availability remaining. They seem to access good terrain with between 500-2000' vert. This may be a great way to break in the new year.
    Last Dollar
    North Pole
    Opus???
    Opus is supposedly amazing, never been.

I have been to the Last Dollar, some 25 years ago, was a lot of fun, decent skiing IIRC.

But you can find a better place to get answers than a thread in the Slide Zone.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I have been to Opus. The hut is very nice. They moved a post and beam barn from some place in the mid west. Reassembled and fit it to the lot. Fairly easy ski in. There is great terrain around the hut. I was there mid winter and the snow quality and avalanche conditions kept me off the larger alpine lines. The tree skiing is ok and conditions below tree line stayed good. Runs are not super long but decent pitch. It was snowing when I was there so the south facing stuff dropping right from the hut was skiing well. I do not know how that stuff fares with the sun.
    I got an email from them: OPUS: We’ll be running the OPUS Hut at half-capacity (10 people) for private groups only and all reservations must be for a minimum of two-nights. The cost per night is $656 for lodging plus $55 per person for meal packages, tax is included.
    Everything is packed in so I would say the food is basic but adequate. The scenery is spectacular and the accommodations are comfortable and quality sauna. I would go again. If you need people to make up your group I would be interested.
    Did not meet the owner but I think he was with the group that first skied University Peak.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    If you need people to make up your group I would be interested..
    Nothing to add other than me too! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Anyone have experience with the San Juan Huts from Ouray to Durango? Still plenty of availability remaining. They seem to access good terrain with between 500-2000' vert. This may be a great way to break in the new year.
    Last Dollar
    North Pole
    Opus???
    Went to the Burn Hut last winter. Pretty lackluster skiing, heavily treed with a few short, open shots. Had the Ridgway Hut booked in April but covid pushed it to next year.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))