Kingpin Crampons for Wide Skis

Currently have some 125 underfoot skis mounted with kingpins and marker's widest kingpin crampon is 120mm wide. I remember this fall I found a "hack" around it but have forgotten what it was and cannot "re-find" the solution for the life of me. Is there another crampon that is compatible with kingpins? Is there a small company like B&D that makes something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Currently have some 125 underfoot skis mounted with kingpins and marker's widest kingpin crampon is 120mm wide. I remember this fall I found a "hack" around it but have forgotten what it was and cannot "re-find" the solution for the life of me. Is there another crampon that is compatible with kingpins? Is there a small company like B&D that makes something like this?
    Pretty sure I’ve read here that most dynafit / dynafit compatible crampons will fit no problem
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Yep, Dynafit crampons work fine with Kingpins and available here in a 130mm: https://skimo.co/dynafit-ski-crampons
    Last edited by Bronco; 03-14-2019 at 12:44 PM. Reason: added link

Dynafit crampons work fine with Kingpins that are mounted for a 315mm sole length and longer otherwise the leading edge will crash with the tour/ski lever.

Dynafit have distributed directly to UK retailers for the last couple of years but prior to that we had an independent distributor handling their kit. When they stopped handling Dynafit I bought a load of stock off them at the right price so I've got 130mm Dynafit crampons at GBP35 (circa $45/46) inc standard airmail to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Pretty sure I’ve read here that most dynafit / dynafit compatible crampons will fit no problem
    Ah yes, that's what it was. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Dynafit crampons work fine with Kingpins that are mounted for a 315mm sole length and longer otherwise the leading edge will crash with the tour/ski lever.

Dynafit have distributed directly to UK retailers for the last couple of years but prior to that we had an independent distributor handling their kit. When they stopped handling Dynafit I bought a load of stock off them at the right price so I've got 130mm Dynafit crampons at GBP35 (circa $45/46) inc standard airmail to the US.
    So are you selling? How long would shipping take to the US?

Yep I'm selling, I think I've got over 20 sets available. But standard airmail isn't quick, usually 10-14 days but I can't give a guaranteed date. The parcel will be delivered by USPS at your end. If I send them by UPS/FedEx etc the shipping cost kills it as it's more than the crampons. So if you need 'em quickly you should buy locally. If you want to order just PM me your full shipping address + email address and I'll send you a Paypal invoice.