Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    What a new and original discussion.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    What a new and original discussion.
    Yeah... I have been off the ski forums for a bit and not as up on the gear as I had been in the past. I really appreciate everyone's input.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    This. The original maestrale RS has been surpassed dramatically by boots that both tour and ski much better. Maestrale RS2, Tecnica ZGTP, Atomic Hawx XTD, all do both better and noticeably, especially the skiing part. Lupo also skis a ton better although I'm not sure it actually walks better.

Fit in the old scarpa stuff was abysmal too. I had skookums way back that had all the anatomical shaping of a kleenex box.
    Thanks for starting this thread DC. I also tour on Maestrale RS for about the past 5 seasons (around Whistler) and am over them. In powder they are fine but variable snow, steeps/jump turns and ski outs on harsh snow and any resort they are brutal compared to my alpine boots... Reading comments like nickel says here I am stoked on something like the Hawx XTD + Shifts, sounds like it will be a huge upgrade in ski performance from RS 1.0 and Radical ST that I have now... and approx same weight if I get a slightly lighter ski.