Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    I wore and abused those sunskis for the last year and a half. great shades, I just finally got the lenses so scratched it’s tough to look out of (which is a reflection of the negligence with which I treat my sunglasses and not their quality). I just splurged on a dentist pair of smiths but I’ll definitely get some more sunskis. recommended.

fwiw I live in utah and have blue eyes so I wear sunglasses pretty much every day, every time I go outside
    Sunski will replace your lenses for something like $8 shipped

Can't find a better thread so bumping this. I just broke the wing/arm thing on a pair of Julbo Arise with the photochromic sunglasses. The lens that goes from night skiing clear to reasonably dark enough for utah summer mountain bike riding. I like that they don't look completely fucking stupid around town too if I end up needing to wear them.

Any good recommendations for normal/casual style sunglasses with good photochromic lenses? The more normal looking the better...

^ Julbo has top notch customer service/warranty. I'd recommend giving them a jingle for replacement parts or service.

I have abused the shit out of some bivouacs over the years and when I reach out to get replacement stems or lenses they are always willing to help pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    ^ Julbo has top notch customer service/warranty. I'd recommend giving them a jingle for replacement parts or service.

I have abused the shit out of some bivouacs over the years and when I reach out to get replacement stems or lenses they are always willing to help pronto.
    yeah, I have reached out to them and having had similar experiences I expect they'll get me sorted... still would be nice to have something that looks like my Smith Lowdowns but has a Jublo Reactiv transition lens but I guess the market for that is probably kinda small

I see your jabbar

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    And raise you one laimbeer

Name:  9F2D3ABA-F75D-4396-9478-5795979AADE6.jpeg
Views: 379
Size:  77.3 KB

And a rambis

Name:  ACF8224F-5991-4EEB-A817-30B53D4DE80F.jpeg
Views: 398
Size:  20.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    That’s the style I’m talking about. Yoko Ono looking shields.

Now to find either the fake version or something on the resale market, cuz ain’t no way I’m paying $130!
    Target got these babies for $20

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1626196671.063034.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	434.3 KB 
ID:	379366

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

And a rambis

Name:  ACF8224F-5991-4EEB-A817-30B53D4DE80F.jpeg
Views: 398
Size:  20.0 KB[/QUOTE]

Greatest basketball player evah!
    More cowbell!!!

Hey y'all -

I found this thread and am definitely going to take the opportunity to plug my product for my people! Especially as we're all getting geared up for winter.

I run a sunglasses company (Sunski) We have a couple oversized sunglasses that are great, as well as a few 'normal sized' sunglasses that offer maximum sun protection. I definitely want to run thru what I know works great for backcountry here:

Name:  sunski_polarized_sunglasses_kiva_cola_amber_featured_large.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  10.4 KB
    We have the Kiva which is our biggest frame, like if you wear an XL sized hat. It's got the square surf skate vibe but fits super comfy. If you like the shape but wear a Medium or Large hat size you can go for the Puerto, a similar style but a little more 'normal' sized.

If you're looking for mondo sun coverage, I can't recommend strongly enough our Alpine shades which have glacier-goggle style sun shields to block glare, snow, dust, wind, etc:
    Name:  sunski_polarized_sunglasses_couloir_black_forest_featured_large.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  10.8 KB
    Our Couloir is the biggest of the alpine glacier shades we offer.

Name:  sunski_polarized_sunglasses_treeline_tortoise_forest_featured_large.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  13.1 KB
    ^^ Our Treelines are our most popular glacier shades with side flaps, more 'normal' sunglasses sized so not great if you have an XL head, but will offer super sun protection. *** If you are a firefighter DON'T PAY! We're donating Treelines to ya'll right now, see below..

Name:  sunski_polarized_sunglasses_foxtrot_caramel_midnight_featured_large.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  11.3 KB
    Finally I want to plug our Foxtrot which is an ultralight 'sport' aviator. My absolute favorite style we have in the lineup right now - tons of coverage, ultralight so you don't even feel it, and I really like the look. Again this is a Medium/Large style, so not great for XL heads but perfect for anybody looking for high coverage.

FINALLY finally, obviously everybody here is in the family and worth a pro-deal, so if you do want to order use JONGLOVE for 35% off.

***Finally FINALLY finally, if you are in the firefighting service we are doing a Treelines For Firefighters thing right now where we're giving out free Treelines to anybody in the service, definitely get shades through our link here: www.sunski.com/fire -- and if you know anybody in the service please share this link with them.

Ok cool!!

Price + jonglove discount is easy for a couple of sales here. Thanks for sharing!