Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    That’s the style I’m talking about. Yoko Ono looking shields.

Now to find either the fake version or something on the resale market, cuz ain’t no way I’m paying $130!
    A direct competitor to the Smith Wildcats are the 100% S2. Similar price, so shop around and see which you get a better deal on.

https://www.ride100percent.com/colle...ack-smoke-lens

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    this is a shameless plug but it's too perfect to pass up: I run a sunglasses company called Sunski and we just launched our Sidekick collection. Glacier goggles that don't make you look like an action figure. $89 and polarized and we make a style specifically for gals called the "Gondolas". Check them out and pm me for a pro code, happy to share it.

https://store.sunski.com/products/go...14474023010370

we also make a version for guys called the Treelines which won the red dot design award. I specifically asked our product designer to design these for spring touring.

https://store.sunski.com/products/tr...=7114971643970

Edit: found our pro code, 'sunskiperks' for 25% off
    These look pretty cool... thanks for the code, I think I'll grab some. I hate having sore eyes after a long sunny tour - so much reflective glare gets in from the side and you don't really realize it when it's happening.

Thanks for the code. Bought some Headlands since I just lost my around-town shades at the airport. 15% VLT and polarized for $40 shipped with the code is really awesome. If they work out as well as I hope/expect, I could definitely see myself buying a few more pairs/styles, even without the code.

PS. it would be awesome if you guys offered the Treeline in a plain black or grey. Also, any chance you'll offer them with a lower VLT? It seems like all your glasses have 15%, but something darker is really nice for spring touring at altitude.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

this is a shameless plug but it's too perfect to pass up: I run a sunglasses company called Sunski and we just launched our Sidekick collection. Glacier goggles that don't make you look like an action figure. $89 and polarized and we make a style specifically for gals called the "Gondolas". Check them out and pm me for a pro code, happy to share it.

we also make a version for guys called the Treelines which won the red dot design award. I specifically asked our product designer to design these for spring touring.

Michael?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

that's pretty cool, and thanks for the code. might hafta try these out this spring

lol yes this is me!

and on VLT, the Treelines are actually 9% which is the lowest you can go and stay category 3 (legal to drive, tho nobody checks duh). I need to get around to updating the product stats... The "ocean fade" lens on the champagne Gondolas are 15%, as it's got a fashion vibe more than the forest and indigo lenses.

These are pretty cool. I sometimes wear glacier glasses on the beach, and I got tired of the obvious attention I was getting for it

emcee, nice looking glasses - you guys have any prescription options or partners?

fwiw emcee that "virtual try-on" thing is pretty neat

Hey emcee - I'm all for helping out a mag. Got anything with swappable lenses? She likes yellow for low light.

Glad virtual try on was a hit. I do all the IT for the site as well, so that was a big project over christmas.

The lenses actually *are* all swappable -- we do replacement lens kits as part of our warranty. We don't have low light lenses....yet, but we're launching them on April 1 for a few of our styles. We don't have low light lenses for the Sidekick glacier goggle collection yet, but if there's a demand for it it would be a no brainer to do. Will log your vote as the first one :-)

No prescription yet either, the logistics of it are pretty hard for a small business like ours. Our lenses are 1.0mm TAC, and I do know some customers take our shades to optometrists who can cut lenses on site to fit the frame. It's like ~$100 for the custom rx lenses though (which is why we haven't figured it out yet, would be tough to offer $50 non-rx versus $150 rx)

Full retro.

Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    Idk if you know this but Pit Vipers are actually just restyled Military SPECS ballistic glasses. You can find them on ebay for like $10.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MILITAR...ss!90026!US!-1

The sunglasses version of SPECS have a VLT of 17% and are ballistic rated. Pretty solid sunglasses and they look like understated pit vipers.

They also make a clear lens (safety glasses), amber lens (low light safety), and green lens (laser safety) but you probably don't need those. All of the lenses are swappable.

Damn!
    Sweet. Just bought a pair to test out. At that price you can't go wrong.

I ordered a pair of these for Mrs. P. I figured they seem quite goggle-like, have 3 lenses, and since they are Amazon Prime, I can return them for a full refund if they don't work.

lol yes this is me!

and on VLT, the Treelines are actually 9% which is the lowest you can go and stay category 3 (legal to drive, tho nobody checks duh). I need to get around to updating the product stats... The "ocean fade" lens on the champagne Gondolas are 15%, as it's got a fashion vibe more than the forest and indigo lenses.
    Thank for the code, killer deal on a pair of the Gondola with Tortoise Indigo lenses. Those are 9% VLT right?
    Continuing my streak of only buying and wearing womens' sunglasses!

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    My wife's issue (well, ex-wife as of yesterday, ha) is that she can't find goggles to go over her prescription glasses that don't fog her glasses up. Anyone familiar with the helmets / visor setup? Might be an option for your lady Peruvian, but obviously more expensive and definitely adds a dork factor.

Attachment 273889
    A SportRX lens, inserted inside the newer, interchangeable lenses/goggles = the answer... Get written form with her prescription data and submit via their website(or call....I can't remember which way I went about it) and voila!

I have a couple options I use with my glasses. My favorite of which is Cocoons, they fit over glasses and have nice side protection.

Some of the XC skier eye pro is sweet but also pricey.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    My wife's issue (well, ex-wife as of yesterday, ha) is that she can't find goggles to go over her prescription glasses that don't fog her glasses up. Anyone familiar with the helmets / visor setup? Might be an option for your lady Peruvian, but obviously more expensive and definitely adds a dork factor.

Attachment 273889
    Just back from Italy and these are everywhere. Function looks good for folks with RX glasses underneath, otherwise you better be piloting an x-wing fighter flying next to L. Skywalker.

Name:  prfh33m-0104_3.gif
Views: 734
Size:  52.8 KB

O2 mask opshunal
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Thank for the code, killer deal on a pair of the Gondola with Tortoise Indigo lenses. Those are 9% VLT right?
    Continuing my streak of only buying and wearing womens' sunglasses!
    Just got the glasses in the mail, very impressed with the quality. I like the retractable eye-cups and the little magnets that hold them in place. No lens distortion whatsoever and the neutral gray is nice, it's hard to find lenses without some form of tint. Can't wait to get those out on snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Just got the glasses in the mail, very impressed with the quality. I like the retractable eye-cups and the little magnets that hold them in place. No lens distortion whatsoever and the neutral gray is nice, it's hard to find lenses without some form of tint. Can't wait to get those out on snow.
    Agreed - I'm impressed. I also like that there are little air ventilation holes on the sides.

ahh dammit, now I need a pair lol

Jackson Safety make objects appear much more clearly as all polarized sunglasses should. I have a big head. I am pleased the way they fit my large head.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    hey emcee- that virtual try on is really slick, nicely done. and I like how a lot of styles are a deep nose bridge, this is a typical problem for me, glasses sit too high due to my massive nose.

Oversized sunglasses

I wore and abused those sunskis for the last year and a half. great shades, I just finally got the lenses so scratched it’s tough to look out of (which is a reflection of the negligence with which I treat my sunglasses and not their quality). I just splurged on a dentist pair of smiths but I’ll definitely get some more sunskis. recommended.

fwiw I live in utah and have blue eyes so I wear sunglasses pretty much every day, every time I go outside