Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Looks like a 4 year old rolled that thing. SMH kids these days.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Wait, this isn't a joke story? That's amazing.

Society is doomed.

That is all.

College Admissions Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I do not know these people, yet now, I immensely dislike them.
    http://www.thebigskifamily.com/meet-the-family/

Here’s the next family that hopefully gets caught up in this scandal......lol

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Wait, this isn't a joke story? That's amazing.
    I love that the brat tried to promote his rap album through this. His dad's a head of a food conglomerate, he should just make his employees buy junior's mix tape. (Also, this will not be the typical tale of a rapper who has a dad in jail).

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Here’s the next family that hopefully gets caught up in this scandal......lol
    I join you ...who the fuck are these people???

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Lori is a smoke show. I don't care what she did.
    Thank you for that, I agree.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

That's a great album title. Cheese and Crackers.

This article is excellent proof for severely taxing wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    And Highlander, Revenge of the Nerds, and every other episode is all about one 80s movie or another.

Happy Days=That 50s Show
    The Wonder Years -That 60s Show
    That 70s Show=That 70s Show
    The Goldbergs=That 80s Show
    Fresh off the Boat=That 90s Show.....
    The Ferris Bueller episode was brilliant with the Charlie Sheen cameo, I died laughing.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That's a great album title. Cheese and Crackers.
    How about for a band? They are actually pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    I love that the brat tried to promote his rap album through this. His dad's a head of a food conglomerate, he should just make his employees buy junior's mix tape. (Also, this will not be the typical tale of a rapper who has a dad in jail).
    You know how this story will go. He'll fuck around for a few more years and then finally decide maybe he should do something besides sit around and smoke weed for the rest of his life. At that point dad will insert him into the company at the VP level.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    I’m not an SC grad, just a former fan and supporter of the football program for forty (40) or so years.
    I remember you calling football players 'yard apes', is that why a former fan? Don't like the colored people attitudes?

The Interim President, Wanda Anderson….whatever, an affirmative action promotion, is trying to fuck over the Dean of the School of Business with Caruso’s backing. And all of her complaints are, apparently, without merit*.
    We all know why you don't like her, she's black. At least you didn't call her a yard ape, but yeah the affirmative action comment says a lot..

SC needs to go back to being the SC or yore. Fuck this “move-to-the-left”, diversity-worshiping (based in many cases on superficial traits),
    yeah, it sucks to be a fucking racist these days and get called out for it, everyone is so sensitive man!

Are you a white supremacist like Johnny Snow or just a run-of-the-mill racist?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    That's a name I haven't heard in a while. Is he still around?

I’m not an SC grad, just a former fan and supporter of the football program for forty (40) or so years. But I must say, man, that is some slimy writing!

Yeah, USC is pretty fucked up now and has been for a while. The Board of Trustees is a complete mess at the moment, with current Chair, Rick Caruso, mentioned in the above-linked article, leading the shit parade. The Interim President, Wanda Anderson….whatever, an affirmative action promotion, is trying to fuck over the Dean of the School of Business with Caruso’s backing. And all of her complaints are, apparently, without merit*. And now there is infighting amongst the members of the Board over the whole matter. Shit parade indeed! This is just a single recent example.

SC needs to go back to being the SC or yore. Fuck this “move-to-the-left”, diversity-worshiping (based in many cases on superficial traits), SAT score-obsessive mindset. Back in the day at SC, grades and test scores were used solely to help insure that any particular student admitted was smart enough to pass their classes and earn their fucking degree. Students got out of it what they put in as was the case at any university. Also real world connections can matter a lot, and attending SC was all about making connections. At fucla, it was every student for him/herself. “bRuin for 4 or 5 or 6 years, Trojan for life”. This still holds true in Southern California. So, yeah, there’s actual value in having a degree from USC, depending on one’s major, of course. I was going into science, so there was no fucking way I was attending that school! But it’s why so many parents in the region desire their kids to go there.

Anywho, this shit’s been going on for a long fucking time, and it ain’t just USC. I know that it’s happened at Duke, and likely still is. You think the fucking Ivys are clean? Stanford? HAHAHAHA…….

EDIT- Oh, and if you think there is cheating going on with respect to admission selection, wait until the whole fucking financial aid fraud goes "BOOM!".

* Not sure what ol’ Wanda’s gripe is with the Dean, but I understand that he is very well regarded by the faculty of the business school.

Jesus Christ dude, you're just a fucking crank. Aint you?

I remember you calling football players 'yard apes', is that why a former fan? Don't like the colored people attitudes?

We all know why you don't like her, she's black. At least you didn't call her a yard ape, but yeah the affirmative action comment says a lot..

yeah, it sucks to be a fucking racist these days and get called out for it, everyone is so sensitive man!

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    That's a name I haven't heard in a while. Is he still around?
    Apparently so. Posting on TGR..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

For two (2) years following high school I lifted weights with SC football players. I played against five (5) SC players* in high school (and knew all of them), and had been lifting with one Keith Davis for a little while It was through Keith that I began lifting at SC, mostly spring and summer. From my time there, I'll simply state that some of those guys had no business being on a college campus. And their complete lack of discipline during the practices I watched corroborated my initial impressions. BTW, the biggest SC "yard ape" was David Webb, a whitey. This was a few years later, say around 1989 or 1990. I swear, every time I was near that guy, I could feel the presence of demons.

* In addition to Keith, there was Sam Ano, also from Samo (Santa Monica High School), Eric McKee from Banning, Jeff Bregel from Kennedy, and Al Washington from Carson.

I don't like her because she's a fucking tool and, yes, she was most definitely an affirmative action hire. Caruso had a hudge role in putting her there, and now it seems, she's doing his bidding. She launched an attack against very well regarded Dean of the Marshall School of business. When the matter recently came up before the Board of Trustees, Caruso stifled any and all dissent, even having one of the board members removed from the meeting because he had actually investigated the matter and possessed significant learnings showing that the actions taken against the Dean were unfounded.

Well, in addition to the "yard ape" comment, I've also used here over the years a bunch of words that might be deemed racial epithets. I was also called racist a few years ago for referring to Italians as bunch of fucking dagos. Imagine that! Basically, I fucking hate everyone, equally. Is that racism?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I join you ...who the fuck are these people???

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Lots of potential here ....

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Lots of potential here ....

Please. Make it stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    Maybe this is how it works for sports like tennis, squash, sailing, crew.... I can tell you firsthand that this is not the recruiting process for baseball, hockey, lacrosse and football. Those coaches want athletes that can impact their program first and handle the academics second.
    Certain top schools with big time football programs like to brag about their student athlete GPA. These schools will use some of their scholarship money to bring up the student athlete GPA. Your a 4.0 and can swing a racket, your in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Hah, I just had a conversation with my wife about this very topic in relation to this scandal. Regional youth hockey in Eastern MA is a case study in such behavior, with A, B and C divisions being more of a socioeconomic construct vs an actual meritocracy. Made for fun rivalries once we all got to high school, for those of us that went to public schools. We as kids were all self aware of the situation and generally got along great with each other.
    Such a joke, people drop hundreds of thousands so their kid can get into one tier better college and play xxxxx. They could probably just buy them a spot w/o the BS.

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    Such a joke, people drop hundreds of thousands so their kid can get into one tier better college and play xxxxx. They could probably just buy them a spot w/o the BS.

Guy I know and his wife spent a shit ton grooming their daughters with squash all during elementary and high school. Got her oldest into Dartmouth which was never happening on academics. Consensus is that mom thinks it's prime husband shopping grounds.

The final exam given to University of Georgia men's varsity basketball players.

The third year university course was taught by the coach's son, and the entire grade was based on the final exam.

Here it is:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...335-story.html

SEE IF YOU CAN PASS THE EXAM JIM HARRICK JR. GAVE HIS GEORGIA STUDENTS

This 20-question test was the final--and only--exam for Georgia assistant coach Jim Harrick Jr.'s Coaching Principles and Strategies of Basketball class in 2001. The test, released by the school Wednesday, was uncovered during an NCAA investigation that resulted in the firing of Harrick Jr. and his father, the head coach, and landed Georgia on probation.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Guy I know and his wife spent a shit ton grooming their daughters with squash all during elementary and high school. Got her oldest into Dartmouth which was never happening on academics. Consensus is that mom thinks it's prime husband shopping grounds.
    Smart.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    The final exam given to University of Georgia men's varsity basketball players.

The third year university course was taught by the coach's son, and the entire grade was based on the final exam.

Here it is:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...335-story.html

SEE IF YOU CAN PASS THE EXAM JIM HARRICK JR. GAVE HIS GEORGIA STUDENTS

This 20-question test was the final--and only--exam for Georgia assistant coach Jim Harrick Jr.'s Coaching Principles and Strategies of Basketball class in 2001. The test, released by the school Wednesday, was uncovered during an NCAA investigation that resulted in the firing of Harrick Jr. and his father, the head coach, and landed Georgia on probation.
    Damn.

"Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in most European countries. We are engaged on the issue and committed to looking at options that support our full range of digital offerings to the EU market. We continue to identify technical compliance solutions that will provide all readers with our award-winning journalism."