Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Figured this might be of interest to someone here.

150mm Fox 32 for a non-boost 26" wheel. Makes a great kids bike fork.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3334173/

Long shot, but anyone on the front range have a cheap beater 24" bike (townie/commuter/cruiser). We have a nice 24" FS (thanks slcdawg!) but it's too nice to bike to school or downtown and lock up. So looking to start my kiddo on her first quiver of bikes, with something functional but cheap, to use to cruise around town.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I might have something for you Danno, check your PMs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My $0.02 is to look for either an old beat size small 26" wheel 'vintage' mountain bike or maybe more realistically get a beach cruiser, even a POS Huffy. Bought my daughter a 20" wheeled beach cruiser to leave at grandma's house a few years ago and she loves riding it for similar purpose. Better than me bringing down her good MTB. No good gearing on the beach cruiser though so fit for flat area only.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Long shot, but anyone on the front range have a cheap beater 24" bike (townie/commuter/cruiser). We have a nice 24" FS (thanks slcdawg!) but it's too nice to bike to school or downtown and lock up. So looking to start my kiddo on her first quiver of bikes, with something functional but cheap, to use to cruise around town.
    Clearly she needs a 1990s bike.

We're getting into the binge/purge cycle of a growing kid and looking to get rid of our ~12-24 months cycling starter pack stuff. I think it's a younger age group then most are looking for on this thread but thought I would throw it out there. All located Eastside/Issaquah outside of Seattle, not interested in shipping. PM if interested, listed elsewhere but happy to hook someone up with a package. Flexible on pricing just making sure it gets used.

We have:
    1. Strider Rocking Base (bought new, used 1 year, all parts)
    2. Chillafish Charlie 10" balance bike (as small as they get, I think, was good for our kid to play with at ~2.5', 18-months)
    3. Raleigh somethingorother 12" balance bike with air/rubber wheels (nice for rainy outside, nicer than Strider w/ the wheels but heavier than premium 12" balance bikes)
    4. Giro Scamp XS helmet, pink (responsibly used, no hard crashes, use at your own discretion)
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Edit, it's gone...

I've got a sweet little 16" trek wizard that my kids used to learn to pedal on. Solid little bike. It needs nothing for a little kid to start riding today. Cranks can easily be removed if you want to make it a larger strider...

Free to a SLC maggot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220501_185627329.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	416244
    Last edited by basinbeater; 05-13-2022 at 08:33 PM.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Good options for ya if you can’t find anything local.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/.../rp-prod195891

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/.../rp-prod194918

Bought my son the 24+ back in Sept 20, when all bikes were vaporware. Bought my daughter a Liv/Giant STP 24+ from my LBS and in many ways like the Vitus better. Fork a bit questionable on the nucleus compared to high end options. Have both of mine on plus/rigid since our trail systems I take the kids on are generally not too punishing or high speed.

Couple friends have their kids on EarlyRider Hellion 24s, which I considered but holding off for nicer bike at the next sizes for both kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In the same boat unable to find a good used 24" rigid here for my 8 year old. The Vitus 24+ looks nice but damn, $139 shipping right now is rough. May have to look new at the Cannondale Cujo 24 or Giant STP 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    In the same boat unable to find a good used 24" rigid here for my 8 year old. The Vitus 24+ looks nice but damn, $139 shipping right now is rough. May have to look new at the Cannondale Cujo 24 or Giant STP 24.
    My daughters STP 24+ is nice, but have made some upgrades along the way. Biggest is hydro discs, as the 24+ stock brakes aren't great. I would have gotten the squishy fork version but she liked the color, that fork is a boat anchor and my kid is light. I have a manitou XC fork en-route as an upgrade as she's starting to ride some decently technical trails and her 8-11 y/o riding crew are also riding suspension forks now. At this point all of these bikes are leagues ahead of what were riding at that age. 2 of her riding peers are on the Early rider Hellion 24, which are pretty sweet, but also 3x the price and I'm still ahead on 2 good 24+ bikes + upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    My daughters STP 24+ is nice, but have made some upgrades along the way. Biggest is hydro discs, as the 24+ stock brakes aren't great. I would have gotten the squishy fork version but she liked the color, that fork is a boat anchor and my kid is light. I have a manitou XC fork en-route as an upgrade as she's starting to ride some decently technical trails and her 8-11 y/o riding crew are also riding suspension forks now. At this point all of these bikes are leagues ahead of what were riding at that age. 2 of her riding peers are on the Early rider Hellion 24, which are pretty sweet, but also 3x the price and I'm still ahead on 2 good 24+ bikes + upgrades.
    Saw a good deal on a STP 24+ Liv version, it looks like it's dark blue and I don't see anything that shouts "girls bike " on it, but with an almost 9yo boy I feel like I'd be playing w fire going that route .