Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I have one ( 8 year old ) who loves her biking shorts, 10year old refuses to wear them cause they’re weird.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Bike shorts, yes. Chamois, no, but I don't wear one either.

I have a gently used '16 Woom 3 (14" wheels) available in green...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woom3_10_side_green_1024x.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	286706

Looks like the only change to current model is the addition of a chain guard (above.)

https://us.woombikes.com/products/3

I paid $369, so was hoping for $150 (pending price police?)

Live in BZN, but the bike is small and only weighs 12 lbs so shipping shouldn't be too bad...

We also have a well used Chariot Side Car ($50?), grubby but otherwise works fine.

12 packs fit perfectly in front of the kid, until they get too big... don't feed them

Name:  chariot.jpg
Views: 2113
Size:  8.0 KB

https://www.rei.com/product/753239/c...rs-sidecarrier
    Last edited by Montana Rider; 06-25-2019 at 12:04 AM.

$150 seems fair on the Woom to me. Pm incoming

Wow, I didn’t know they made a side car. Back in the day I had a gary littlejohn sidehack for BMX. so much fun, clearing the doubles w a buddy, getting way leaned out to corner. Haven’t thought of it in years.

I bet it wouldn’t be legal to sell today

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I had another thread about this but couldn't find it. My kid needs new tires for his 20" mountain bike. Does anything remotely compare to the Brood Maxtion? I just dropped $75 for some Loam Stars for his Cleary (which he thereafter immediately outgrew), not really feeling almost $100 for the Broods from Spawn if I can help it.
    I just picked up a set of Schwalbe Little Joes 20" that are working well. Nice shape, 2.0 width. And my daughter just got a RM Vertex 20" that came with VeeTire Crown Gems that are 2.25. They're quite a bit bigger than the Little Joes. So far so good. Both tires are in the $20 range.

An ethical dilemma:

I took payment yesterday from a guy in Kansas who's buying the Rokkusuta. Dropped it off at the LBS last night to get packed up, but they're backed up with service requests so it won't be ready until Thursday. Didn't pull the ads down yet and got a text from a local serious buyer this morning. I'm debating whether to refund the other guy's money and go with the local guy. I'm covering packing/shipping for Mr. Kansas so selling to Mr. Local nets me an extra $100 and some time/hassle, but I feel like a little bit of a dick doing it. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Dantheman; 07-12-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PJG View Post
    I just picked up a set of Schwalbe Little Joes 20" that are working well. Nice shape, 2.0 width. And my daughter just got a RM Vertex 20" that came with VeeTire Crown Gems that are 2.25. They're quite a bit bigger than the Little Joes. So far so good. Both tires are in the $20 range.
    How does your kid like the Vertex?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    An ethical dilemma:

I took payment yesterday from a guy in Kansas who's buying the Rokkusuta. Dropped it off at the LBS last night to get packed up, but they're backed up with service requests so it won't be ready until Thursday. Didn't pull the ads down yet and got a text from a local serious buyer this morning. I'm debating whether to refund the other guy's money and go with the local guy. I'm covering packing/shipping for Mr. Kansas so selling to Mr. Local nets me an extra $100 and some time/hassle, but I feel like a little bit of a dick doing it. Thoughts?
    Tough call. I'd probably go with Mr. Kansas, but I can see why you'd do otherwise.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Probably a pretty rare bird in Kansas. I bet his kid would be bummed.

I had a similar thought and that was ultimately the kicker for me. He's probably already told his kid, shown him pics, etc. and I'll ruin the kid's day.

I have some Sunringle Envy Light 20” wheels w sram driver for 10 spd cassette, taped for tubeless that id like to get rid of. Both wheels take skewers.

FREE. Pm me and i can shoot pics, thanks.

Anyone have a 20" wheel mt bike they're looking to unload? I have a friend in Durango that is looking (obviously, they're hard to find but even harder to find there!).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

looking for a new mountain bike for my volunteer-grom

about him: 15 years old, 5'7", mostly uses it as a commuter but wants something he can take off road (likely a hardtail, makes the most sense), has a budget of about $500

any leads out there? thanks in advance, mags

Yeah, I put Maxxis on my son's 20" cleary, work great.

WTB: 2x Strider-style balance bikes with 12” wheels

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Looking for a 24" wheeled MTB that would fit my friend's 11 year old son. In Bozeman ideally. I'll be passing through SLC next week so if the right bike was down that way I could pick it up.

Looking for a 24” wheel MTB for my tall 8yo daughter. Woom, Norco, Specialized, etc. - needs to be light, girls colors preferred but not critical. Front suspension preferred but not crucial, same with disc brakes. 7-14 speed. Anyone have anything? Shipped to 80304.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Looking for a 24" wheeled MTB that would fit my friend's 11 year old son. In Bozeman ideally. I'll be passing through SLC next week so if the right bike was down that way I could pick it up.
    I would double check on size. My 11 year old is on a 26" wheel the 24 is too short in the top tube/reach. A small or an x-small 26 should work.

^^ Agreed. Unless he's midget-like, he probably should get a 26 or even a 27.5.

Looking for a bike for a 10 year old. The usual caveats of not sure how into it/gonna outgrow it so don't want to spend a lot, but want him to enjoy it. I have a ~12ish year old women's 26" full suspension bike that has been laying around. It's a bit of a frankenbike, with some decent parts for its day, but needs some work. Looking at parts online (stuff that is actually in stock), I'm ballparking $450 to get it dialed. Converting to 1x9 wide range, rebuilding suspension, new brakes and tires, dropper. I figure it should be pretty capable, not to mention probably lighter than the current 24" dept. store full suspension. I'm thinking if he outgrows it or isn't into it I can probably sell and recoup that money. Thoughts on going this route vs. looking to buy something else?
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Specialized Fatboy 20

We have this fun ride collecting dust in the garage*, hoping someone here has someone that might enjoy it:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fatboy20.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	757.7 KB 
ID:	371901

In great shape, <100 miles on it, and maybe 1/4 of those on snow (no dust & easy on tires!). Awesome trail bike for a grom, but would make a terrible commuter.

It is pretty much this bike, possibly the same production run as I don't think they made that many of them:
    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/fa...ext=99515-7211

It is the Charcoal/Teal/Hyper colorway, specs remained largely the same and can confirm it is 9 speed. We had upgraded chainring to a RaceFace 30t (orig spec was 32t, but they wised up and now spec 28t).

Some brake cable rub on fork, but fixed w/color-matched Gorilla tape Similarly, tossed the black rim strip for some fancy turquoise duct tape.

Asking $450
    Located in Bay Area or Truckee. Would not make sense to ship this thing!

* Selling because she's moved on to her sister's Fatboy 24, and her sister has claimed my bike as hers :sad:

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Looking for a bike for a 10 year old. The usual caveats of not sure how into it/gonna outgrow it so don't want to spend a lot, but want him to enjoy it. I have a ~12ish year old women's 26" full suspension bike that has been laying around. It's a bit of a frankenbike, with some decent parts for its day, but needs some work. Looking at parts online (stuff that is actually in stock), I'm ballparking $450 to get it dialed. Converting to 1x9 wide range, rebuilding suspension, new brakes and tires, dropper. I figure it should be pretty capable, not to mention probably lighter than the current 24" dept. store full suspension. I'm thinking if he outgrows it or isn't into it I can probably sell and recoup that money. Thoughts on going this route vs. looking to buy something else?
    Fwiw, did this exact thing for my 11 yo this year. Put about $400 into a friends old reign. It’s heavy but so was his previous bike. So far so good.

I'm looking for a set of hydraulic brakes for really little hands (4.5 years old). My boy's 16" Commencal has a set of Tektro Aeries mechanicals with little kids' levers, but I can't get them close enough to the bar for him to comfortably keep his fingers on. I heard from a buddy that Tektro makes a hydraulic brake that you can set up even closer to the bar, but it's OEM only.

I put some low level shimano br-m355s on the 6yo's bike. They have a reach adjustment and I was able to get them plenty close for her and previously for her older brother.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk