Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Kids gear buy/sell/WTB thread.

I don't think this exists, but if it does I can delete. I figured we should start a thread for kids bike gear that is worth shipping. Last year I bought both a Cleary and a Islabike here so I know it works.

I am currently in the market for a 12" pedal bike. All of the ones I have seen around here weigh about 20 pounds. Does anyone have something a bit nicer?

Also my neighbor is looking for a 20" bike if anyone has anything they want to get rid of.

My kid's Rokkusuta 20 will be for sale some time in the next couple months if anyone wants a rad 20" FS bike. Bought new in August 2017. It's at Go Ride right now getting the suspension serviced, new Brood Maxtion tires on order, Lev Integra 100mm dropper, it's sick. Thinking $1200ish for mag pricing. Local sale preferred, but I'll ship it anywhere in the lower 48. Buyer pays shipping charges and whatever my LBS will charge to box it up, probably $150ish.

In action: https://www.instagram.com/p/BjnKLz5h_HG/

There is a kids’ gear thread. It’s a sticky on top
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

For ski gear, yeah. Not for biking...

Good idea, but start over with MTB or bike in the title
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    For ski gear, yeah. Not for biking...
    Oops

My bad
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Looking to buy a light 16" pedal bike if anyone has anything their kids have grown out of. Thanks

Semi-related, there are some big things coming in a few weeks for kids components. Got to demo some cool new stuff last weekend.

I have a 20" ultralight bmx bike for sale in Truckee. Well used but functional. $100. Great way to step up to 20" for smaller riders without all the weight. Single rear hand brake.

Looking for a nice 24" kids mountain bike. Budget up to $500. More than 7 speeds in the rear, not a tank, decent shape please.
    Also looking for a kids full face mtb helmet

I am looking for a 14" pedal bike with 2 hand brakes and no coaster for this summer.
    To the OP the only decent 12" pedal bike is the cleary, they are pretty rare, more options in 14"

My kid needs a 24" bike. Looking for a used specialized riprock, but just the base model. I have his 20" Raleigh Rowdy that Im going to be selling too. It looks like this, but slightly used.
    Name:  a1cbe6e262b7420d8ba7ce243a14b035.jpg
Views: 4273
Size:  48.8 KB

Anyone got a 24" bike they want to sell? Budget is around $500. Mostly around the neighborhood trails use.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    My kid's Rokkusuta 20 will be for sale some time in the next couple months if anyone wants a rad 20" FS bike. Bought new in August 2017. It's at Go Ride right now getting the suspension serviced, new Brood Maxtion tires on order, Lev Integra 100mm dropper, it's sick. Thinking $1200ish for mag pricing. Local sale preferred, but I'll ship it anywhere in the lower 48. Buyer pays shipping charges and whatever my LBS will charge to box it up, probably $150ish.

In action: https://www.instagram.com/p/BjnKLz5h_HG/
    Getting pretty close on this. Gonna be up for grabs as soon as his Clash 24 shows up in a couple weeks. Probably going to have to raise the price to $1500ish as it got significantly upgraded. Hayes fully tricked it out last month--Machete JUNIT 120 mm fork (sick fork, nothing else remotely compares), Dominion A2 SFL brakes, Duroc 30 JUNIT wheels, Protaper JUNIT bars, Protaper pedals.

Details about the JUNIT parts here:
    https://shop.hayesperformance.com/collections/junit
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/hayes-...tter-2019.html

Cool thread!!! I may have to look at a Cleary, or wait to buy a 14" bike for my son. He's still loving the strider at age 2.5yrs. He's already doing the pump track and has successfully navigated some medium size table tops!

My five-year old went from a strider directly to a 14" Cleary when he had just turned four. It was a good transition.

Posting to subscribe.

Will have a 20" Spawn for sale at some point in the next year.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Woom makes a 12” with a freewheel conversion I think. Woom 2? My daughters first pedal bike after her strider was a 16” Woom 3.

I have some Sunringle Envy Light 20” wheels w sram driver for 10apd cassette, taped for tubeless that id like to get rid of. Both wheels take skewers. Pm me and i can shoot pics, discuss price, thanks

I'm looking for a 24" MTB for my daughter. Weight is my biggest concern; her current 20" Specialized Hot Rock is a boat anchor, and it's holding her back. Also price - not really looking to invest tons into a bike that she may or may not get too excited about. Under $500 for sure. Any advice or resources? Doesn't need any suspension or disc brakes, I'd rather have it light and agile than put the extra weight on.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

I have two sets of hydro brakes cut to fit a 20" bike that you can have for shipping. Hayes Prime and Guide R. I imagine they would fit just about any 20" bike. Both come with 160 rotors. Guides have warrantied levers, no problems since then. Both sets were working great when they were pulled off his bike, but they have been stored since April. Lots of life in the pads. The Guides are missing the bar clamp but that's pretty cheap.

The Rokkusuta 20 is officially available. Full details and pics here: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2587445/

Mag pricing available.

I had another thread about this but couldn't find it. My kid needs new tires for his 20" mountain bike. Does anything remotely compare to the Brood Maxtion? I just dropped $75 for some Loam Stars for his Cleary (which he thereafter immediately outgrew), not really feeling almost $100 for the Broods from Spawn if I can help it.

Trying to resist Rokkusuta 20...sick bike Dan. Sending you PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I had another thread about this but couldn't find it. My kid needs new tires for his 20" mountain bike. Does anything remotely compare to the Brood Maxtion? I just dropped $75 for some Loam Stars for his Cleary (which he thereafter immediately outgrew), not really feeling almost $100 for the Broods from Spawn if I can help it.
    Maxxis MaxxDaddy are a close second to the Broods and can be found online for <$20 all day long. For a BMX tire the tread works pretty well for MTB and they seemed to work fine tubeless.

Do your kids wear biking shorts (ie with a pad)? Kiddo is going to be on a summer "team" next month (basically a camp run by the folks who run her ski team), and we're trying to outfit her. I know what I wear to go biking, but not sure if I should outfit her in all the same stuff.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy