Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks, I'll see if I can find something like that.

I found some Tektro hydraulic HD-285s for $55 each that are designed for small hands & have reach adjust. Buddy has those on his 4 year old kid's bike also, and says they fit that size hand. Price is about half the cheapest used beat up Deores I could find on PB, so give them a shot.

Selling my son's Transition Ripcord Jr. 24" wheels, full sus, air fork. Front Range pickup, prefer not to ship. Mag price $700. Feel free to price police.

Cut and paste from the ad I just posted:

This bike has been a gamechanger for our family and hoping to pass it on to another like minded fam. This bike allowed my son to graduate from Valmont to trails we like to ride (NTM, Chimney, Buffalo Cr, 401, Slickrock, etc.). Its well loved and well maintained. Recently tuned (derailleur, brakes bled, etc.) It would be great for a ripper 4'4" to 5'. Retails at $1900, asking $900 and will include some extras (spare brake pads, chain, tires, tubes).

Specs:
    24" wheels
    Maxxix Minion 2.4 DHF Exo tires - Tubeless, lots of tread
    100 mm Rockshox Rekon Air Fork
    Rockshox Monarch R Air rear shock
    Sram 10 speed (GX Rear Der, X5 shifter)
    Shimano hydraulic brakesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210425_171502532.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	372747Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200924_182539.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	372750Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200618_153342.jpeg 
Views:	75 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	372751

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

^^ nice looking bike. approx what size of rider would fit that bike?

Transition says 4'4" to 5'. My son is 4'11" and moved up to his sister's bike (26+). He probably could have gotten one more summer out of it, but it was looking a little small on him.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    ^^ nice looking bike. approx what size of rider would fit that bike?

That's a great whip for someone's kid. I bought my daughter a 24" riprock yesterday because they had it in stock and she'll be outgrowing her 20" wheeled scott bike. What watching her ride the new bike last night made me realize and remember is how different proportionally different kids can be. she looks just on the small size of the sizing when she stands up. She looks a little too small when she sits and spins.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

That is a hell of a deal on a very hard to find bike/category. At least in New England. Some kid is going to be stoked.

dang, i'm still looking for a bike for my volunteer grom. he's 5'5" and growing fast. screaming deal though!!

Thats a tough age when they are going to outgrow it. You could pick up an adult medium (may be a little for him now but could grow into it). My oldest daughter is 5'4" and can ride my medium Spot. Resale is pretty good right now so you could prob sell it next if he outgrows it.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    dang, i'm still looking for a bike for my volunteer grom. he's 5'5" and growing fast. screaming deal though!!

God grief you’re giving that away! Someone should buy this thing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am very tempted. My daughter has a good bike already, but fully rigid.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

PM sent
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    PM sent
    Yasss. Do it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Also tempted, but that's 2 sizes larger than what my kid is currently on, and would definitely jinx my hopes for keeping him interested.

Amazing deal. Already got a nice 24” bike or I’d be all over that. That is a for real mag price.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks to slcdawg for a great deal on a great bike! My kid doesn't understand suspension so she doesn't yet know how psyched she is, but I'm psyched for her.

Looking for a 26” bike for my oldest. Lmk if anyone has one!!!

She’s currently on a older version of the Transition listed above (it’s going to her sister) & that was a screaming deal!!!!

Grskier is right, kids so differently proportioned.

I hope she enjoys it! Good to see the rippers getting after it!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Thanks to slcdawg for a great deal on a great bike! My kid doesn't understand suspension so she doesn't yet know how psyched she is, but I'm psyched for her.

Anyone interested in a Commencal Supreme 20”? I know a guy selling one. It’s all JUNIT/Dominion/Protaper with a Bikeyoke dropper. It's in pretty much mint shape. He's asking $750.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Anyone interested in a Commencal Supreme 20”? I know a guy selling one. It’s all JUNIT/Dominion/Protaper with a Bikeyoke dropper. It's in pretty much mint shape. He's asking $750.
    Can you double check the model? I'm seeing that they have Clash (FS), Meta (HT), and Ramones (Rigid) for 20" models.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Can you double check the model? I'm seeing that they have Clash (FS), Meta (HT), and Ramones (Rigid) for 20" models.
    I think the 20" Supreme was their old tiny person bike park bike. Deer Valley used to have some, unless I'm mistaken.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yeah, older discontinued frame with new parts.

eta: It's this bike, but with 1x10 and all the fancy JUNIT parts, http://www.topsbikes.com/products/Co...Bike-2017.html
    Last edited by Dantheman; 04-30-2021 at 09:06 AM.

Longshot but anyone have any decent kids flat pedal shoes in a size 6 that their kids grew out of?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Yeah, older discontinued frame with new parts.

eta: It's this bike, but with 1x10 and all the fancy JUNIT parts, http://www.topsbikes.com/products/Co...Bike-2017.html
    Let me get back to you. My boy is nowhere near ready for that level of riding, but my buddy's kid is already riding real trails and racing BMX and has outgrown his 16". The dad has been looking for a FS 20" to jump up to. This looks perfect.

My friend sold that Commencal already. Very on-brand for 2021.

eta: Holy shit, the guy paid him $200 over asking to ship it today.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 04-30-2021 at 08:01 PM.