Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Wow that’s awesome. Do they pay it all off each semester? Or over time (so if you leave the company they are off the hook)
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Those caveats aside, if you want to get an MBA, go for it. It’s incredibly fun and I’m meeting some amazing classmates that will be friends for the rest of my life. Last night I met the governor of a Papua New Guinean province and talked to him about how he’s spurring development for his people through working with a blockchain startup to create a special economic zone for more blockchain companies to work on his nation’s challenges. If that sounds interesting to you, that’s a pretty common experience here.
    Ah yes, blockchain will solve things for PNG and every other undeveloped 4th world country. I've heard the same pitch from countless Uber/Lyft drivers who "work for blockchain startups" but for some reason still need to trade the depreciation of their car for cash. Sounds like some incredible exposure you are getting in your MBA program.

the bookers thought he was talking about recruiting with the talk titled "headhunting on the blockchain".

Getting an MBA and skiing as much as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Ah yes, blockchain will solve things for PNG and every other undeveloped 4th world country. I've heard the same pitch from countless Uber/Lyft drivers who "work for blockchain startups" but for some reason still need to trade the depreciation of their car for cash. Sounds like some incredible exposure you are getting in your MBA program.
    Well it may change nothing, but it also costs PNG absolutely nothing to allow a special economic zone there. It’s an exposure play—if all these blockchain startups are incorporated in PNG, perhaps they’ll look to PNG over other potential nations as a test market, where perhaps some solution will catch on and deliver real value to the nation. Alternatively, PNG can do nothing and continue to experience high levels of corruption. Seems worth the nonexistent risk to me.

Also, blockchain tends to me more applicable for developing countries, due to the corruption as lack of existing systems. PNG doesn’t have a good land rights system so situations arise where multiple people have deeds to the same land. That type of distrust hampers investment because people are worried they’ll lose the land they’ve invested in. Pretty simple fix with blockchain, and that’s just one example.

How is blockchain encryption a simple fix for a corrupt system of land tenure?