generic heat moldable footbeds

I'm all set up at home with boot fitting tools and have a footbed machine, but having issues with getting blank footbeds to make

1) company (SIDA's) wants a big opening order, that will take me years to work thru that stock

2) I dont think that $30+ CND, for a thin chunck of plastic with a cloth covering, is a fair price.

Anyone had any luck with ebay/ amazon and a generic, non-branded, heat moldable insole? I've hunted, but nothing that came up on searching. If you know of something can you post a link please?

ideally hoping for $10/each or less, and 6 sizes total Will sell for $70 including my labour and give customers a deal, and make some money too. Ya!

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    I'm all set up at home with boot fitting tools and have a footbed machine, but having issues with getting blank footbeds to make

1) company (SIDA's) wants a big opening order, that will take me years to work thru that stock

2) I dont think that $30+ CND, for a thin chunck of plastic with a cloth covering, is a fair price.

Anyone had any luck with ebay/ amazon and a generic, non-branded, heat moldable insole? I've hunted, but nothing that came up on searching. If you know of something can you post a link please?

ideally hoping for $10/each or less, and 6 sizes total Will sell for $70 including my labour and give customers a deal, and make some money too. Ya!
    Awesome plan dude. Support this idea 100% -- getting people a footbed that fits their foot is often the single biggest "overnight" improvement as you know! Also $70 is a GREAT price.

Contact these guys. They may be able to hook you up. Olympic Boot Works at Squaw uses them and they are legit. If Heel-Loc can't hook you up, I'd honestly call Olympic and ask to speak with Buck, the owner. He may re-ship to you if you explain your plan / deal / etc.

http://heel-loc.com

Assuming you vac mold in the right position, and heat mold the bed, it seems to me from several ski foot beds over the years that “posting” with foam supports the molded bed.

There’s a fair bit of work after the initial molding

But for a hundo or less, it’s better than a store bought generic shape
    . . .

As someone who just got turned onto the miracle of heat-molded liners, very curious to see where this goes.

thanks, any more options?

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Awesome plan dude. Support this idea 100% -- getting people a footbed that fits their foot is often the single biggest "overnight" improvement as you know! Also $70 is a GREAT price.

Contact these guys. They may be able to hook you up. Olympic Boot Works at Squaw uses them and they are legit. If Heel-Loc can't hook you up, I'd honestly call Olympic and ask to speak with Buck, the owner. He may re-ship to you if you explain your plan / deal / etc.

http://heel-loc.com
    Heel-Loc = Buck, no?

I've never had luck with off the shelf heat moldable lines. Reasonably cheap and very thin and I might be interested.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Svst sells blanks, are those $30? The brand ties to a biz in Boise that might sell cheaper direct?

Otherwise, try pm ing a maggot bootfitter and see if they can sell a few blanks on the down low.

What about skiboot RX? Tim has been good to maggots and is also a fitter
    . . .

http://www.sourceortho.net/heat-mold...abetic-insole/

$10.00/footbed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post

$10.00/footbed.

nice,

Thanks

have you molded/used this footbed?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    nice,

Thanks

have you molded/used this footbed?
    I haven’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post

$10.00/footbed.

+1 due to this from the comments. Should help with locking the foot down in ski boots.

"The insoles are very comfortable especially for my bony feet. The only negative is the insole likes to grab your sock and not let your foot slide easily and comfortably in the shoe."
    Master of mediocrity.