Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I do like those. French for the freebirds, English for the regular line. The latest Noctas say "I take you both home."
    mine say 'If you can read this, you're not skiing' and 'Made in Slovenia'
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B294C7C1-FC5C-4669-B2BE-EB8B791B6905.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	273819“For adults only”

I have absolutely no opinion about them, thus my thread
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B294C7C1-FC5C-4669-B2BE-EB8B791B6905.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	273819“For adults only”
    thats not fair i didn't get a quality control sticker
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

If Black Crows had ‘Handmade in MURICA’ and a bald eagle on them y’all would be deep throat gagging on them like there was no tomorrow.

Mine say...

Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    Mine say...
    What’s up with the “Machine house brewery” that looks like a faux sticker?

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    What’s up with the “Machine house brewery” that looks like a faux sticker?
    Huh? Sorry but I'm confused about your question. Machine House is a brewery, I put their sticker on my skis.

Huh? Sorry but I'm confused about your question. Machine House is a brewery, I put their sticker on my skis.
    I got confused and thought that was part of the graphics.

I do have to say that you got balls posting a picture of your black crows complete with a microbrewery sticker in a thread where they are being called “techie hipster skis”

I got confused and thought that was part of the graphics.

I do have to say that you got balls posting a picture of your black crows complete with a microbrewery sticker in a thread where they are being called “techie hipster skis”
    Ha, touche. No techie variable involved in this equation though.

This particular microbrewery does happen to be owned by my buddy who's from the UK and they make only (mostly) traditional English style cask Ales and pour them all out of firkins hooked up to beer engines. Best I've ever tried for these type of styles made by a US producer.

Does that make it more or less hipster according the metrics provided here in this glorious and infinitely informative thread??

Ha, touche. This particular microbrewery also happens to be owned by my buddy who's from the UK and they make only (mostly) traditional English style cask beers and pour them all out of firkins hooked up to beer engines. Does that make it more or less hipster according the metrics provided here in this glorious thread??
    Definitely more because he is not making IPA’s like every other microbrew on the west coast and you can say I was drinking English Cask Microbrews before they were cool. And of course, triple bonus hipster points for their sticker being on a pair of Black Crows (double points for skis being Black Crows and one point for being from Seattle or SF).

and you can say I was drinking English Cask Microbrews before they were cool.
    I can't figure it out, English style cask beers have either been cool already for several hundreds of years or have never ever been cool. It's a question that keeps me up at nights.

I think it's quite possibly both somehow, which then turns it into a paradox. Not sure my mind can handle this dilemma.

I can't figure it out, English style cask beers have either been cool already for several hundreds of years or have never ever been cool. It's a question that keeps me up at nights.

I think it's quite possibly both somehow, which then turns it into a paradox. Not sure my mind can handle this dilemma.
    Haha, you are a good sport.

My advice is to just go ride your single speed with Black Crows attached to the side to the Machine House and don’t worry about it. You will be too busy worrying why they don’t have any Kombucha on tap for you to take home

I love this thread cause it makes me laugh. And your friends brewery seems pretty cool, especially since I am not a huge fan of IPAs but don’t tell that to anyone here cause I don’t want to be mistaken for a hipster
    Last edited by hercule33; 03-13-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rewbn View Post
    If Black Crows had ‘Handmade in MURICA’ and a bald eagle on them y’all would be deep throat gagging on them like there was no tomorrow.
    Most the throat gagging about made in USA skis on this forum is related to a couple of brands: Moment, on3P, PM Gear and Praxis. The gagging is mostly due to the tons of active participation these brands have had on these forums as community members.

You see just as much ass eating of Down skis forthe same reason—and they are just as Euro.

One could comment that obviously the 100+ years of people drinking English cask ales doesn't count, as the only timelibe that counts is since when they've become fashionable again in the states.
    Also English cask ales have never been cool, they should always be drunk at room temperature!

My throat is full of wonderful down skis and geo039 has a beautiful ass.

And only posers ski black crows in europe anymore. they've become the poor man's wannabe charger DPS. combined with norrona they make up the standard rich swiss go to outdoor uniform. Combined with their touring range and headbands you see them at the popular touring spots all the time.

Having said that, I'd probably like the nocta because i like my rocker 2 122s in 192.

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Dps makes quality skis they’re just too much money. I learned the hard way. The pair I have left is Cassiar Alchemist 95. At 1800g you can rally up hill and race down with surprising stoutness. Clocked 67 mph on em at Copper and had complete confidence vs other low weight skis I’ve been on.
    I picked up a pair of barely used carbon Cassair 95's demos on a whim last fall. They're crazy light and absolutely rail firm snow. No chatter, just a fast stable ski.

I was in Jackson a couple weeks ago and every other person was on Black Crows. Based on the crowds it might be the new official ski of Ikon passholders.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Based on the crowds it might be the new official ski of Ikon passholders
    Seeing "ikon passholders" thrown around here a lot lately and while I kind of get it, from a CA perspective it's a little funny and doesn't really make sense. If you ski Squaw or Mammoth, there's literally no other pass you can buy - that's just our season pass. I suppose the same would apply in CO if you ski Steamboat, Winter Park, etc.

This thread is hilarious.

I was at Squaw last Friday on a sleeper pow day. Riding the lift, a guy on the same chair mockingly points out some Soul7's on a skier up ahead who had stopped for a moment ("Soul7 sighting!!!")... a few seconds go by and said skier then throws a massive backflip off a cliff and stomps it. I got a good laugh out of that one. Moral of the story is.....

I was at Squaw last Friday on a sleeper pow day. Riding the lift, a guy on the same chair mockingly points out some Soul7's on a skier up ahead who had stopped for a moment ("Soul7 sighting!!!")... a few seconds go by and said skier then throws a massive backflip off a cliff and stomps it. I got a good laugh out of that one. Moral of the story is.....
    Pics or it didn't happen...! And I agree - I have no dog in this fight, but this thread has been fun as hell to read...!

Seeing "ikon passholders" thrown around here a lot lately and while I kind of get it, from a CA perspective it's a little funny and doesn't really make sense. If you ski Squaw or Mammoth, there's literally no other pass you can buy - that's just our season pass. I suppose the same would apply in CO if you ski Steamboat, Winter Park, etc.

I made that comment as sort of a joke. I'm an EC guy and don't see the effects of the Ikon pass so much here. I get why some people are pissed but its also funny bc its really the ultimate first world problem.

Is the Soul 7 now an Ikoner ski? Did I miss that?

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I made that comment as sort of a joke. I'm an EC guy and don't see the effects of the Ikon pass so much here. I get why some people are pissed but its also funny bc its really the ultimate first world problem.

Is the Soul 7 now an Ikoner ski? Did I miss that?
    I know you were joking, it was just a general comment.

Soul 7's are widely mocked as the gaper / dentist ski of choice. And it's not necessarily an inaccurate reputation, just a reminder not to rush to judgement based on someone's gear.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Most the throat gagging about made in USA skis on this forum is related to a couple of brands: Moment, on3P, PM Gear and Praxis. The gagging is mostly due to the tons of active participation these brands have had on these forums as community members.

You see just as much ass eating of Down skis forthe same reason—and they are just as Euro.
    People are still gagging on PM Gear?

You shoulda seen this place when Marshal was repping DPS. It was like a roman orgy.

I've been yearning to try the Soul 7, just to say I skied it. I demoed a pair of OG S7's once and had a blast on them. I just stayed off the tails.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by McDee View Post
    Also English cask ales have never been cool, they should always be drunk at room temperature!
    The answer I've been searching for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    People are still gagging on PM Gear?

You shoulda seen this place when Marshal was repping DPS. It was like a roman orgy.
    people were vomiting to get more DICKS in?
    To echo others: I really enjoy this thread and what kind of reputation brands have. I wonder if the brands know.

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

And it's not necessarily an inaccurate reputation, just a reminder not to rush to judgement based on someone's gear.
    That would be a supremely hipster thing to do