Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    That would be a supremely hipster thing to do
    I thought it was the way to the bro side, young padawan.

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You shoulda seen this place when Marshal was repping DPS. It was like a roman orgy..
    back then you payed for a set of wailers which show up 2 months later. I remember Some guy asking me in the lift line if they are as good as they say ? Oh ya man of course ! They were'nt but they were expensive and hard to get which I think contributes to FOMO of course now you can buy them anywhere

I did have a warranty issue with my wailers the store was gona get me just one ski but Marshal helped me out to get a brand new set ... which i promptly sold in the wrappers
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post

And only posers ski black crows in europe anymore. they've become the poor man's wannabe charger DPS. combined with norrona they make up the standard rich swiss go to outdoor uniform. Combined with their touring range and headbands you see them at the popular touring spots all the time.

And an Ortovox avalanche pack rounds this package out very nicely... I've seen this guy at Squaw, Whistler, Alta, etc. Is it fashion statement - avalanche pack- or "training for Alaska"...

Years ago I'm riding the lift at Solitude with a dude skiing on a certain boutique ski which used to be only known among the ECRC TGRers. I attempt to strike up a conversation, and I'm getting short one word answers. He was having none of it. Perhaps his dog died, but I kinda attributed his lack of friendliness to the pair of rental skis I was skiing on and not wearing the appropriate 3L Gore Tex outerwear. The airline had lost my shit.

This place demands you stay in character.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    And an Ortovox avalanche pack rounds this package out very nicely... I've seen this guy at Squaw, Whistler, Alta, etc. Is it fashion statement - avalanche pack- or "training for Alaska"...
    Avie packs have become the new helmets. I wonder when pros will stop wearing them.

I encountered a new breed of well equipped clueless internationals, who apparently make a gazillion dollars in zurich and do this crazy outdoor thing now, in the Bedretto last weekend and dubbed them the "gapero wepowderis". Im going to publish an article in applied social studies soon.

You must be stupid if you don’t ski with an avy pack out of bounds in the Alps. Might of course not apply to your side of the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    You must be stupid if you don’t ski with an avy pack out of bounds in the Alps. Might of course not apply to your side of the pond.
    That was my understanding.

Anyone who plans to go "off piste" aka any groomed run seems to wear one.

I mean, a few years ago some USST kids passed away after an avalanche caught them skiing off one groomed run to another just 350m below using an "off-piste" area.

I'd rather be safe and over-prepared than get caught in a situation like that.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    That was my understanding.

Anyone who plans to go "off piste" aka any groomed run seems to wear one.

I mean, a few years ago some USST kids passed away after an avalanche caught them skiing off one groomed run to another just 350m below using an "off-piste" area.

I'd rather be safe and over-prepared than get caught in a situation like that.
    In europe they've become standard a while ago. I've been skiing with one for for ten years now. In Europe it's hard to make fun of avie packs, but you can spot the people with their brand new jet forces and the alibi carabiner easily enough. It's a combination of gear indicators.

In North America, it's not necessary but probably a good idea on deep powder days and especially if you're skiing the more advanced zones... but generally this is the exception and not the rule. And especially not on a non powder day.

I voted Fag.

This should have been a poll goddammit.

I think Tgr is the fad. People are onto the deals and creeping into the community like a bad dream. Deal comes up and it’s jumped on. If skis are for sale and no interest in a few weeks their money is just as good.

Now I did try nocta and it was good but got tip dive. Probably just old school operator error since I don’t jive with automatic or powabunga or bentchetler.

I’ve seen a few black crows and it’s like dps or even On3p at resorts. People want to ski pow like they see in the movies and think the skis will help.

Skis will help a little bit but really just ski more pow and don’t turn
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

In a few years, "They were'nt bad. But I never really jived with them. Clean graphics and not badly made. I just say meh when I ski them."
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Sunday Black Crows Fab Stoke - how we wrapped up our Euro trip last year:

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    In a few years, "They were'nt bad. But I never really jived with them. Clean graphics and not badly made. I just say meh when I ski them."
    Whatever makes you feel superior... meh, this forum’s wannabe core / cool bro shit has become amusing.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    aka, the DPS indifference shown now, after DPS was deep throated here.

not just TGR, online "communities" and "influencers" drive fashion micro-Fads.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    #dpstoo
    Dps skis have used my desire to make it in the ski industry against me and once i hit the glass ceiling it became more and more clear that only changing my ethnicity and gender would make me a fwt rider.

From now on you may call me princess nkumba.

And a misogynous racist of course for making fun of the hysterical online discourse.

Exactly.

Except of course Black Crows aren’t considered cool around here so I’m not sure I see the comparison.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

What black crow model is the knock off version of the Soul7?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    What black crow model is the knock off version of the Soul7?
    Do you know any models that come in red?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You shoulda seen this place when Marshal was repping DPS. It was like a roman orgy.
    You're Welcome

Wow, I thought you left the planet
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

In North America, it's not necessary but probably a good idea on deep powder days and especially if you're skiing the more advanced zones... but generally this is the exception and not the rule. And especially not on a non powder day.
    Just a little reminder that it might be a good idea to ski with an avy pack. Taken few days ago at my home resort on a fairly frequented run:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...93271704172216

Just a little reminder that it might be a good idea to ski with an avy pack. Taken few days ago at my home resort on a fairly frequented run:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...93271704172216
    fuck how did that end?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

people keep comparing them to DPS. I could be wrong but i've never seen a DPS anything on any podium anywhere
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.