Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    people keep comparing them to DPS. I could be wrong but i've never seen a DPS anything on any podium anywhere
    I've seen plenty on the podium of the international dentist powder 8s Festival .

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

people keep comparing them to DPS. I could be wrong but i've never seen a DPS anything on any podium anywhere
    Meanwhile that gaper Kristofer Turdell won the Freeride World Tour on his shitty trendy skis, and he's second this year heading into Verbier. The judges must give him higher scores because of the top sheets.

Black Crows: Fad or Fab?

fuck how did that end?
    I didn’t hear about any casualties in this accident so fortunately all those dudes caught in the avy must have gone away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Meanwhile that gaper Kristofer Turdell won the Freeride World Tour on his shitty trendy skis, and he's second this year heading into Verbier. The judges must give him higher scores because of the top sheets.
    Enough mags chimed in for this thread to be solved early on. The defense can rest.

Everyone likes your skis. You made a good decision buying them. And you're very handsome and successful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

^^ I was being more tongue in cheek and less defensive than that was supposed to come off. He’s sponsored, what he’s on doesn’t matter and I’m sure Turdell would rip on just about any brand. Well, maybe not 333. ;-)
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post

Everyone likes your skis. You made a good decision buying them. And you're very handsome and successful.
    Hey, anybody know where I can get a deal on Black Crows?

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    In a few years, "They were'nt bad. But I never really jived with them. Clean graphics and not badly made. I just say meh when I ski them."
    quickly followed up by the " [insert new cool bro brand here] sick bro 108ti is awesome but in carbon it would be $$$$"
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Birds of a feather flock together
    Andermatt Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2818.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	211.9 KB 
ID:	274971

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Hey, anybody know where I can get a deal on Black Crows?
    Here’s what I did:

Active Junky -> 14% cash back from Moosejaw
    + Moosejaw had a 50% rewards promotion.

Ended up with skis; cash back; and a bunch of stuff like a GoPro, backpack, midlayer...

Moosejaw also price matches, so find lowest price and then spend your reward $

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ I was being more tongue in cheek and less defensive than that was supposed to come off. He’s sponsored, what he’s on doesn’t matter and I’m sure Turdell would rip on just about any brand. Well, maybe not 333. ;-)
    Not on DPS, prolly

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Enough mags chimed in for this thread to be solved early on. The defense can rest.

HaHa. Perfect
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Just found this on the gram
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6DEC1635-FBDD-43A4-8CDA-CDD5DA153853.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	302.7 KB 
ID:	298237
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Black Crows: Fad or Fab?

I have drank the koolaid
    I believe I can fly (Camox freebird) and
    There is no black without white (Corvus) and
    I take you both home (Nocta)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Joie de vivre: atris
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    aka, the DPS indifference shown now, after DPS was deep throated here.

not just TGR, online "communities" and "influencers" drive fashion micro-Fads.
    I owned both at the wailer & JJ at the same time, so the wailer which is undoubtedly the most popular DPS was a JJ knock off IMO, line them up side by each and the dimensions/profiles are really realy close

I had the JJ with the neon skeleton on my feets riding the chair tripping on brownies when the wife of a medical professional exclaims "why those are perverse ! " but when her hubby pays the big coin for the Lamborghini yellow wailers ... they are amazing eh !

so ever since then I say those skis have perverse sidecut

in any case they are all just skis
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Joie de vivre: atris
    Elle est bien raide: Solis.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Congrats! If you made it this far in the thread you’re now stupider than when you started reading. Good job!
    LOL, I read this post just about exactly when I was reaching the same conclusion. So skipping the rest.

But the other thing that entered my mind at that time was: wtf happened to White Dot? I mean I realize they’re still around, but just a few years ago I perceived them as the same exact thing as Black Crows: boutique euro brand, about to bust into the mainstream (I mean, they even look almost exactly the same). Are WD’s just inferior skis (dunno personally - never had either on my wish list or skied either)?

Maybe it’s the pithy aphorisms on the Crow’s sidewalls that made all the difference. BC’s are all the rage but WD seems to linger in the boutique background (thus making them far superior for the exclusivity-seeking-hipster, of course).

EDIT: ok they no longer look the same, but still, wtf? Exercise in marketing I suppose, but not like I’m seeing any ads anywhere for BC’s (but then I don’t do any social media)
    Last edited by skizix; 10-17-2019 at 11:18 PM.

fad

Corvus with camber is a great all mtn some pow spring and groomer zoomer ski. May 24, 2019

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0025.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	298264

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I owned both at the wailer & JJ at the same time, so the wailer which is undoubtedly the most popular DPS was a JJ knock off IMO, line them up side by each and the dimensions/profiles are really realy close
    In all fairness, and as the wailer 112 was designed at my dining room table, it was closer to an S7 Caballero than a JJ.

Never skied a Black Crows ski... love their old (c. 2010) graphics on Corvus tho.

interesting ^^ I laid them out on my bar top to look at profile and the perverse sidecut shape, I thot they looked VERY similar, in any case there was too much overlap between a wailer and a JJ so i sold the wailers when I had the chance.

I felt like I owed DPS after riding the wailer for a very good pow season, getting warranty and flogging the skis while still in the wrapper so i bought the hybrid Lotus 120

I liked the wailers but I LOVE LOVE the red hybrid lotus 120 so much I have 2 pair only 3 s/n's apart mounted with Verts and Barons

when Clay & Cody rode thru here last spring on the way to Denali we drank some beers, Clay told me he still has the forms for the ski so i told him he needs to bring back the hybrid Lotus 120 ... build it and they will buy it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    I actually just got a pair of solis cheap from Euroland and they look rad.
    How do you like the Solis, have you skied them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    In all fairness, and as the wailer 112 was designed at my dining room table, it was closer to an S7 Caballero than a JJ.

Never skied a Black Crows ski... love their old (c. 2010) graphics on Corvus tho.
    Who's this new guy?

I know, back from the dead! Stick around Marshal.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post

you never called...
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca