Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    How do you like the Solis, have you skied them ?
    Only 4 days on them, so incomplete, but very happy so far. Super predictable, enough float, stable.

I'm having such an exquisite case of useless overwhelming late fall ski-choice anxiety. About my NIP Animas.

This was very persuasive:
    Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Everyone likes your skis. You made a good decision buying them. And you're very handsome and successful.
    But I have yet to find anyone really raving about their animas. I feel like a really need an "OMG I get rock hard just thinking about my b̶i̶l̶l̶y̶g̶o̶a̶t̶s̶ Animas!" to really put me over the edge. Anyone skied these and loved them? Pics of them on the roof of your Tesla also helpful

Here's this about the Anima FWIW

https://www.blackmail.ski/en/convers...by-the-animal/

I'm curious about an Atris/Wildcat 105/Woodsman comp.
    Last edited by nyskirat; 11-02-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    Anyone skied these and loved them?
    Got a few demo runs. They were solid enough, but I felt the Wildcat and Rustler had an edge over them. Then again, that Swedish guy in the FWT kills it on them, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Also, Anima is a bit heavier than the other two I mentioned, and I like to tour so was an easy ski to exclude. Pretty happy with the Atris/Nocta combo I have.

I'm having such an exquisite case of useless overwhelming late fall ski-choice anxiety. About my NIP Animas.

This was very persuasive:

But I have yet to find anyone really raving about their animas. I feel like a really need an "OMG I get rock hard just thinking about my b̶i̶l̶l̶y̶g̶o̶a̶t̶s̶ Animas!" to really put me over the edge. Anyone skied these and loved them? Pics of them on the roof of your Tesla also helpful
    Not going to rain on your parade, but we sell a few dozen Black Crows a season, test/demo all of them, send them out with patrol, coaches and good instructors. The Anima is the only one we don't stock as it was the least liked of the line up. This is Fernie, primarily soft snow, pow storms but still have to ski groomers to get to the bottom.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Not going to rain on your parade, but we sell a few dozen Black Crows a season, test/demo all of them, send them out with patrol, coaches and good instructors. The Anima is the only one we don't stock as it was the least liked of the line up. This is Fernie, primarily soft snow, pow storms but still have to ski groomers to get to the bottom.
    Solid feedback, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by thecazdog View Post
    Got a few demo runs. They were solid enough, but I felt the Wildcat and Rustler had an edge over them..
    Well that's two ringing endorsements of "nope" and "meh". They were cheap however, so I should maybe just drill holes in them and find out for myself. Loved my 190 bibby/wildcats but always wanted them to be a bit longer. Which led to the 194 Anima and current predicament, They hand flex notably softer than my beat-to-shit bibby's. That they've kept them unchanged for years means someone must like em, right? Maybe just that one swedish dude. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post

Watching Kristofer Turdell ski is fucking mesmerizing.

Quote Originally Posted by thecazdog View Post
    Got a few demo runs. They were solid enough, but I felt the Wildcat and Rustler had an edge over them. Then again, that Swedish guy in the FWT kills it on them, so I wouldn't worry too much.
    I actually felt the same, comparing Anima to Wildcat. Suprised to hear that anima is least liked. It is very much like Wildcat, which is one of the best skis to date imo

I had Animas (188, I’m 183, 80kg) last season.

Liked them well enough except when things got deep (and it did in the northern Alps last season), where I ended up with lots of tip dive (mounted on line). Lots of double ejections (and glad I did for sake of my knees).

Durability also wasn’t great (had cracked sidewalls at end of season, as well as some nice gouges in the base when I don’t recall skiing in shark territory).

This post sounds super negative, but to be fair, they were very fun when it wasn’t super deep. Easy to pivot or carve. I thought they did surprisingly well on piste getting back to lifts too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post
    I had Animas (188, I’m 183, 80kg) last season.

Liked them well enough except when things got deep (and it did in the northern Alps last season), where I ended up with lots of tip dive (mounted on line). Lots of double ejections (and glad I did for sake of my knees).

Durability also wasn’t great (had cracked sidewalls at end of season, as well as some nice gouges in the base when I don’t recall skiing in shark territory).

This post sounds super negative, but to be fair, they were very fun when it wasn’t super deep. Easy to pivot or carve. I thought they did surprisingly well on piste getting back to lifts too.

Worth noting my experience might have been different mounting them back from recommended, which is where I had them.

The anima has too deep taper in the tip so it does not track even remotely as well as the bibby/wildcat 118 in chop.

Solid feedback, thank you.

Well that's two ringing endorsements of "nope" and "meh". They were cheap however, so I should maybe just drill holes in them and find out for myself. Loved my 190 bibby/wildcats but always wanted them to be a bit longer. Which led to the 194 Anima and current predicament, They hand flex notably softer than my beat-to-shit bibby's. That they've kept them unchanged for years means someone must like em, right? Maybe just that one swedish dude. Who knows.
    The 190 Bibby floats better than the 194 anima, for me. The anima is for sure softer in the very tip and tail yet somehow doesn’t offer more float. Shape/rocker profile is similar as well, both mount at -6. They are good allround skis. Great on piste as well for 115. Bought them for the same reason as you. Like them more than the Atris, which is even more meh. Will sell both cheap to anyone in euro land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seems to echo the sentiments in the blister review. Rather meh. Ok, but nothing exceptional.

One thing to remember when looking at pro athletes on a certain model is that they are very very good skiers, Turdell in particular is one of the better technical skiers on the FWT, and could probably ski any ski and make it look good. Also, he is paid to ski Black Crows.

It’s interesting that the Amina is getting flat remarks. I haven’t skied them but I’m in love with the Corvus. Will be skiing 188s w shifts and 193 w pivots this year. The shape and feel made me sell off several pairs of skis. My pair held up fine over the season in terms of construction.

Kristopher Turdell is a badass. I’m sure he can rip anything. We met him in the Alps last March just before the Verbier FWT final stop. He said Anima is all he skis and is the only shape he’s been on from BC. He told me his Dad skis Corvus like mine and loving them. He liked the idea of shifts on mine then said he might try them for late season skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    It’s interesting that the Amina is getting flat remarks. I haven’t skied them but I’m in love with the Corvus. Will be skiing 188s w shifts and 193 w pivots this year. The shape and feel made me sell off several pairs of skis. My pair held up fine over the season in terms of construction.

Kristopher Turdell is a badass. I’m sure he can rip anything. We met him in the Alps last March just before the Verbier FWT final stop. He said Anima is all he skis and is the only shape he’s been on from BC. He told me his Dad skis Corvus like mine and loving them. He liked the idea of shifts on mine then said he might try them for late season skiing.
    The Corvus is a sturdy all mountain and excelled in 1-2 feet of pow and held up even in a 183.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by SkiersLeft View Post
    The 190 Bibby floats better than the 194 anima, for me. The anima is for sure softer in the very tip and tail yet somehow doesn’t offer more float. Shape/rocker profile is similar as well, both mount at -6. They are good allround skis. Great on piste as well for 115. Bought them for the same reason as you. Like them more than the Atris, which is even more meh. Will sell both cheap to anyone in euro land.
    Yeah that's wild that these don't float as well as a bibby, no way I'd have guessed that fondling them side by side.

I have 3 days on the Anima Freebirds so far this season (plus Radicals/ZeroG Tour Pro), so far all ungodly amounts in low density cold smoke, and have had an absolute blast. Very playful, great pivot point, effortless movement. Looking forward to many more days on these. Will have to get back to everyone once I have to use them in more marginal conditions. Though I've gotta say if I PLAN to shred anything other than soft, playful snow, I'll probably be sticking with my Navis Freebirds as these were intended to fill the soft snow Cooke sled ski/short tour spot in the quiver.

I like my 2018-2019 Corvus. They're tanks that plow through anything, the only area that I really don't like them is drops and tight turns the tip is just too wide and the ski to heavy to really whip underneath my feet. But if you're riding large open faces with some loose snow or crud the Corvus is a freight train! Lots of fun, and you can get last years model for ~$400 USD, so not a bad deal.

Honestly, look just like Karhus and Line's from 10 years ago.
    I'm not even sure the graphics do it for me.
    If someone sends me a pair, I will make a video of them burning in an outdoor fire.
    I'll make sure that the logo is visible as flames consume it.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

d00d that would be so cool. Core AF. What’s your address.?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post

I own both the Atris and the Wildcat 108 (both in 184cm). They are similar skis but I prefer the Moments, as they are more stable at high speeds so you feel comfortable opening them up a bit more and making bigger turns. But for tighter tree skiing the Atris would have a slight edge.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I own both the Atris and the Wildcat 108 (both in 184cm). They are similar skis but I prefer the Moments, as they are more stable at high speeds so you feel comfortable opening them up a bit more and making bigger turns. But for tighter tree skiing the Atris would have a slight edge.
    Interesting. I’d been eyeing the W108 buy it’s sold out nearly everywhere. So I found a pair of 189 Atris on close-out. Your comment about them being better in tight trees is exactly what I’m after.

Now about my inability to grow a hipster beard...

Since they are made by Elan can you save $500 and buy rip sticks?

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Don’t mean to blow your mind, but the same factory can produce many different products.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Since they are made by Elan can you save $500 and buy rip sticks?

Same factory != same skis

Production, specs, construction, tolerances, and many other things will differ between brands in the same factory. The same factory means little.