WTB: Mac-Ride Kid bike seat

Long shot here, but I'm looking for a used Mac-Ride kid's bike seat. In the past the kids transitioned from the iBert to the tag along, but I have at least one (maybe two) more summer where my youngest is bigger than the iBert, but not big enough to ride the tag along yet. From what I've read, this is a great seat and I'm hoping somebody on here no longer has kids but has one of these in the garage.

Thanks!

Seth

Name:  Mac-Ride2.PNG
Views: 758
Size:  117.9 KBName:  Mac-Ride1.PNG
Views: 1073
Size:  526.5 KB

I have one but it's not for sale. I don't think these have been out long enough to be available used, just bite the bullet and buy a new one. My 2.5yo loves it, looking forward to getting him out more this summer.

What are your impressions of the Mac-Ride? The advertisement makes it look like you’ll be flying on flow trails with your little, but I have to imagine the kid has to actively hold on and concentrate the whole time. Can you get a decent workout similar to towing a trailer? What are your real world experiences with it?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks! I figured it was a long shot, but worth an inquiry.

Did you get the mini grips for yours?

Seth

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have stuck to pretty easy XC trails with mine, but I only got it last fall and will be moving up a little this summer. It helps to have a roomy bike ( I have it on an XL sentinel) with some extra fork travel because there is extra weight over the front wheel and flats for a fast foot down. If your kid is tall and you are short it might be a tight fit. I don't have the mini grips but something for the kid to hold onto is a good idea.
    Riding wise, you feel the weight going uphill but not so much on that flats, feels much more normal than a trailer. I think as my son gets older and more practiced and will stand on the footpegs and be trusted to hold on we can do some solid trails with it. I think the biggest limit will be his attention span so I don't foresee any super long rides or big climbs.
    I also bought a new camelback to carry his balance bike so he can do some riding too.

I borrowed a mac-ride from a friend in the fall and took my 2.75 year old out on it. He had a blast and finally understood what I was doing all those times I said I was going out on a bike ride. I used some tennis racquet grip tape I had lying around to make a set of mini grips for him, which he liked a lot because it meant he had grips just like me. Going over bigger bumps or logs will definitely take some practice because its basically impossible to fully unweight the front end, but the flip slide is you have a lot of cornering grip. Adjusting the pressure in the fork probably would've helped but since I was still alternating rides without him, I just opted to run with LSC almost fully closed and that was mostly fine for the mellow trails we were riding.

Speaking of all this...I should probably go ahead and order one since I had to return the loaner and when the snow melts my son is going to start asking to ride again.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

Group buy? Maybe I'll contact them to see how many we would need to get. Probably a niche thing, though...

Spoke with Mac-Ride and it sounds like we could expect the following:

Qty 3-9
    - Free shipping to single address
    - Free Mini grips per seat order
    - 5% off seats and accessories

Qty 10+
    - Free shipping to single address
    - Free Mini grips per seat order
    - 10% off seats and accessories

I think for these prices, the hassle of unpacking and re-shipping might not be worth the savings. I think we'd probably see savings of between $25-35 depending on order size. However, if there is interest, let me know and I'll keep moving this forward.

Seth

While it’s kind of pricey, I’m tempted to get one. Resale value has to be pretty high.

They are awesome. My 2yo has been loving his and it means I can get out on some fun (mellow) rides with him. Highly recommended.

Also, if you have more than one bike, but the extra headset spacers. I swap this between my fat bike (when I bring my 5yo on the tag along) and my mountain bike (solo mission or with the 7yo). I have two extra that I'll probably put on my wife's bike and maybe a road bike.

Seth

Nice, I saw the review of this on BikeMag yesterday, and immediately wanted to get one for my 2.5 year old. I was going to put it on my Smuggler, which should be plenty long for him.

WTB: Mac-Ride Kid bike seat

I just did my first ride with my 2.5 year old- about 45 min on trail. She loves it and is even standing up already. My riding position isn’t 100% natural, but it’s as good as I could have expected. A roomy bike definitely helps. It’s way easier for her to hold on than I expected. I’m still a little nervous to pick the front end up much. This is a must buy for any mountain biking parent.

Meant to include this a while back, but if anybody is going to buy a macride, using one of these codes will get you a free pair of mini grips. As far as I know I don't benefit from this at all.

Post which code you use if you use one of the codes.

Seth

Snagged the first code, thanks!
    FYI, it took $16.99 off my order of the black seat + mini grips, so basically free grips + 5% off.