Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Barking dogs.

Management left a note.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190315_104137.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	473.6 KB 
ID:	274109

After getting the note I talked to my next door neighbor and he said Murphy wasn't an issue and that there were lots of complainers and to not really worry about it.

Then, Sunday actual animal control came. She said management complained and there were three other dogs/apartments in the complaint. Murphy barked a couple barks when she knocked and stopped as soon as I answered the door, and didnt bark at all while I stood outside and talked to her.

I have had Murphy 5 years now and we have always lived in Apartments and I have never had a complaint.

I explained all that to her and said she was going to put all that in her report as well as that she didnt witness nuisance barking. She said wasn't issuing a citation, but didnt really say much else.

I dont know if something was going on for a few days while I was gone or what, because I'm not recording much barking.

Sounds like a good neighbor. I'd write a letter for her repeating what she said about you quiet dog and she'd sign it. With 3 dogs in the building, proof that yours is not the guilty one. Then go ride your bike. Good luck.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

That letter is vague af. I'd ask the mgt. for more specifics, which it doesn't seem like they have, or they would have provided to AC. AC officer probably didn't cite you because she knew she didn't have anything solid. Mgt. group is being lazy IMO, and giving AC blanket complaints that make enforcement just about impossible. Also issuing blanket warnings to all dog owners in the complex rather than identify and address directly with the real offenders. True hallmarks of shitty management, issue vague blanket statements and hope the worst offender picks up on it. Usually results in the worst offender assuming it's directed at someone else, and the innocent wondering if it's directed at them. Seems like some of that going on here.

Sounds like the AC officer might be the only reasonable one out of the bunch, and if she doesn't see Murph as a problem, and complainer/mgt. can't provide specifics, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Instead I would focus my energy on identifying the original complainant, and plan some devious and anonymous stunt to fuck with them, but then I'm a dispatcher, so passive-aggressive, undetectable revenge comes naturally.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    As an adult I cannot ever imagine a situation where i would live in an apartment... especially with a dog.
    A house with a yard is nice and all, but there are thousands and thousands of happy dogs living in NYC. A house is by no means a necessity for dog ownership. I'd take a good dog owner in an apt over a mediocre dog owner in a house every time.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If everyone liked what I like, I wouldn't like it.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

given your recordings, it could be Murphy is only reacting occasionally to the other dogs

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    given your recordings, it could be Murphy is only reacting occasionally to the other dogs
    Good point; all the dogs in my neighborhood seem to be on the same network. One barks, they all bark.

Every bark goes viral.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Management left a note.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190315_104137.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	473.6 KB 
ID:	274109

After getting the note I talked to my next door neighbor and he said Murphy wasn't an issue and that there were lots of complainers and to not really worry about it.

Then, Sunday actual animal control came. She said management complained and there were three other dogs/apartments in the complaint. Murphy barked a couple barks when she knocked and stopped as soon as I answered the door, and didnt bark at all while I stood outside and talked to her.

I have had Murphy 5 years now and we have always lived in Apartments and I have never had a complaint.

I explained all that to her and said she was going to put all that in her report as well as that she didnt witness nuisance barking. She said wasn't issuing a citation, but didnt really say much else.

I dont know if something was going on for a few days while I was gone or what, because I'm not recording much barking.
    mtn. girl -
    this note is dated February 26 - More than two weeks ago -- and now animal control has come...

it does not read to me like you have a problem with animal control - I would encourage you to check with Management ( That could be a bigger problem. )
    Are you sure management left the note for you (?) Something doesn't (feel right) about this . …

on a month-to-month rental, things can deteriorate quickly --
    it smells to me like you ( And Murph ) are being targeted by the neighbor with a noisy dog
    ( 'lots of complainers' and a (genuine) note from management is More of a concern to me than animal control )

your final sentence catches my eye : " … something going on for a few days while I was gone … "
    ( Please Don't tell me you left Murphy (at) home while you were away )

I believe your next step is to confirm the note from management. …
    ( IF genuine, that is a (Much) bigger concern )

This sucks. (tj)

Face says it all. Not guilty.

Though at this stage in the proceedings, I advise he exercise his right to remain silent.

Hey ooo! Sorry. Good luck mtngirl! Good advice here.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Barking dogs.

^^^
    I love how he poses for pictures.
    What a champ!

I was just thinking something extra noisy going on outside if he really was barking so bad... there was no barking this PM shift.

I really cant see management wanting me out of here... I'm probably the best tenant they have... it's not a classy place.

I kinda think that management doesnt want to deal with it and that's why they called animal control...

Ahhh the fear of confrontation... it's so much easier on the internet.

So it sounds like this letter was sent to multiple dog owners in your apartment building, not just you? That puts you in a much stronger position than if multiple residents were complaining about your dog in particular.

So maybe Murph wasn’t the ring leader, but just joined in once the howling started. In that case, I’d say yeah, gather evidence and fight back.

It would be nice to find out from management who complained, and talk to them to get specifics about what happened.

I like billy's theory -- I saw it differently : I though a letter given to a different dog owner in February(,) had been left by another resident for mtngirl and Murph in March --

If the letter(s) are left by management, I don't believe it 'strengthens the position' for any resident : If it is left by management, it is an informal warning...

to me, the contact by animal control is coincidental - and of Much less concern. …

a marginal property is a stressful situation : 'many complainers' are probably trying to redirect concerns From themselves ( as simple as habitually Late rent ) ( dog owners are Easy targets ) ;

I am still uneasy with the statement, ' I wonder if something happened while I was away for a few days ' -
    this statement causes me Great concern.

in my opinion, the first resolution needs to be with management --
    the recordings are nice., but in a monthly rental(,) I would be prepared to be someplace else in thirty days.
    ( mtngirl can dig in and make them take her to court and secure a formal Eviction - but I wouldn't : That becomes a legal record., And I would expect it is part of the screening process in (that) area ( Many areas ) .

housing can be a nightmare...

accommodate management. or be prepared to move...

good luck. This still sucks. (tj)

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    I like billy's theory -- I saw it differently : I though a letter given to a different dog owner in February(,) had been left by another resident for mtngirl and Murph in March --

If the letter(s) are left by management, I don't believe it 'strengthens the position' for any resident : If it is left by management, it is an informal warning...

to me, the contact by animal control is coincidental - and of Much less concern. …

a marginal property is a stressful situation : 'many complainers' are probably trying to redirect concerns From themselves ( as simple as habitually Late rent ) ( dog owners are Easy targets ) ;

I am still uneasy with the statement, ' I wonder if something happened while I was away for a few days ' -
    this statement causes me Great concern.

in my opinion, the first resolution needs to be with management --
    the recordings are nice., but in a monthly rental(,) I would be prepared to be someplace else in thirty days.
    ( mtngirl can dig in and make them take her to court and secure a formal Eviction - but I wouldn't : That becomes a legal record., And I would expect it is part of the screening process in (that) area ( Many areas ) .

housing can be a nightmare...

accommodate management. or be prepared to move...

good luck. This still sucks. (tj)
    Washington tenet laws are heavily in her favor
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

I wasnt gone for a few days like away.

I meant like someone doing something really noisy and making all the dogs bark.

On the question of dogs in apartments: My last dog was the one I grew up with. I moved out at 21, and Trixie (named after Speed Racer's sister) had a series of strokes a year later (12yo I think) and had to be put down. I didn't adopt another dog until purchasing my first home at 46. In hind-sight, that was way too long without a dog, but having a dog would have meant compromise in areas I guess I wasn't willing to compromise on, and probably would have been unfair to the dog. A few friends have had dogs that I've vicariously owned, but really not the same as having your own.

I've never had a dog in an apartment, but am sure a dog in an apartment with a responsible owner is better off than one on a ranch with 40 acres and an asshole owner. Different strokes and all, but I think if I could do it all over, I'd have had more dogs. I probably won't go without in the future by choice, and hope I pass before my wife so I never have to live without either.

The thing with a dog in an apartment is that you spend time with your dog giving it attention and exercise and keeping it decently groomed or you have issues that are likely unlivable...

People who live in apartments and leave their pets alone all day while they are at work are assholes.

Assholes to their neighbors, and assholes to their pets.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yup. I'm the biggest asshole in the world.

You said you work split shift, so I think you're in the clear technically

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    People who live in apartments and leave their pets alone all day while they are at work are assholes.

Guess I'm at least 50% asshole. Good to know, but in my dog's eyes, I'm the bees knees, and theirs is the only opinion that matters.

I wasnt gone for a few days like away.

I meant like someone doing something really noisy and making all the dogs bark.
    okay. Thanks for the clarification --
    If there was a few days of disruption, this should pass. . .

( it still sounds to me like you would, ,,, benefit from upgraded housing when you can... ( been there - I understand. )

Good luck...

Okay then
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Don't listen to Cono. None of the rest of us do.

How is that any different than someone who leaves their dog in the house all day alone
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”