Name:	20190306_120356.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	273414

Needs a picture of the beast.

Getting a letter is a good idea.
    Mtngrl has a hard tail
    . . .

A letter would need to indicate specific hours that the dog doesn’t bark.

My (good) neighbor has a dog that barked all day when they were gone. One of them said he was just talking to the other dogs in the neighborhood.

I made a recording of the dog barking non-stop and showed them. They got a bark collar and solved the problem. We’re still good friends.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

People have different tolerances for dogs. Some love them, while others will complain about 1 bark. Become familiar with your lease, town ordinances and the HOA rules concerning barking. The most important thing is to determine whether you [or your dog] is in violation of any of those. The audio suggestions, or a camera linked to your phone (Xfinity) will help with this. If not in violation, then you have nothing to worry about. I think that the suggestion of a shock collar is ridiculous; however, there are citrous sprays that are effective barking inhibitors. .
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    People have different tolerances for dogs.
    And some folks are just fucking dicks, and they love being that way.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Mtngrl has a hard tail
    I rode the Sturdy Dirty on that hardtail...

The dog barking ordinance in our town says 20 minutes of continual barking is the violation.

My lease doesnt address it but it is month to month.

Another option that is a little more expensive is a furbo dog camera or something similar. The furbo can send an alert to your phone when your dog barks, then you can look at the camera and/or give it treats as needed. It requires wifi.

Mtngrl has a hard tail
    Murph is too cute. He could bark all day with our barky guy and I wouldn't care. Fuck your passive aggressive neighbor. Uh, not literally.

. I think that the suggestion of a shock collar is ridiculous; however, there are citrous sprays that are effective barking inhibitors. .
    Some dogs hate it, but Citronella didn't bother my dog at all. In fact, I think he kinda like it spritzing him. The shock collar worked great, it's hardly some abugraib torture device. A couple of tingles and he knows not to bark when the collar is on and eventually didn't need it at all. It's hardly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Some dogs hate it, but Citronella didn't bother my dog at all. In fact, I think he kinda like it spritzing him. The shock collar worked great, it's hardly some abugraib torture device. A couple of tingles and he knows not to bark when the collar is on and eventually didn't need it at all. It's hardly ridiculous.
    This. You’re not putting 220V to the dog.

Quite frankly, I’ve hunted with our family Labs for decades, and that “inhumane” training collar has actually saved their lives on more than a couple occasions - running toward a road that had a car coming, etc. It’s minor discomfort for them, but does get their attention.
    Gravity. It's the law.

The dog is not the problem. The anonymous neighbor is the problem. Viva hit the nail on the head. He sounds to be experienced.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

2nd above where someone mentioned overly sensitive neighbors
    I can try to find a working gopro that wd last thru your shift if that is helpful

hate to say it but also when you live in those seedish-er neighborhoods (to even find a rental available with a dog) you also end up around crazier type people so maybe investigate as you have to make sure it's not a real issue, but also maybe take with a grain of salt that you are fulfilling that person's goal to complain about something everyday lol #teammurphy
    skid luxury

I second the bark collar. I got some for my dogs that beep, then tiny shock, then escalates over a 2 minutes if they keep barking. If after 2 minutes they dont stop it cuts out. I've felt full zap, it's not too bad. They now shut up on the beep.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post

hate to say it but also when you live in those seedish-er neighborhoods (to even find a rental available with a dog) you also end up around crazier type people so maybe investigate as you have to make sure it's not a real issue, but also maybe take with a grain of salt that you are fulfilling that person's goal to complain about something everyday lol #teammurphy
    b-bear has a good point --
    I recently spent a night in a motel where the woman in the next room was in 'sponsored (housing) ' --
    she thought it was her responsibility to try to determine what I had in my truck ; I went directly to the office, and asked for a room on the other end of the motel .
    ( people ) on the fringe... I agree with Wooley - this is not a dog problem.

I have Very mixed feelings about shock collars -- I recognize they have been helpful to some of us - I still believe it is our problem(,) created to the dog(s). \
    we had a spaniel who was a beautifully behaved pup - ruined by spending five days a week kenneled while we worked...

There is good information in this thread - and I believe mtngirl and Murphy will come through this...

Good luck...

My bark hating neighbor was an insurance agent with a home office. Semi rural neighborhood was all owner occupied 3-4 bedroom homes. Jerks are there at every income level. More entitled jerks as the net worth rises IME. When my beagle got loose the 2nd time to stay out all night chasing rabbits the neighbor called the warden. Warden shows up after dark on a cold rainy night. "You have a dog" Yep. "Know where it is?" Yep, it got loose and its chasing rabbits in the muddy swamp behind my house. "If I could catch it I would take it to the pound." the warden says. I said "If you can could catch it I'd be happy. and my neighbor would be happy. How much to get it out of the pound?" He went on his way.

'

Hey, mtngirl. If you want, I have a spare IP camera that you could have for free if you want. I used to use it as a nursery camera. You can pan around remotely and it has night vision.
    I think it's basically this one but white: https://www.amazon.com/Sricam-SP012-...dp/B073HZP7XY/
    Setup's a bit quirky with these types of cameras but they can work well enough. Anyway, yours if you want it. Could be useful to really get to the truth of the matter.

Thanks, but I dont have wifi, I just use my phone as a hot spot on the rare occasion I actually use the computer.

I am going to try the recording thing and see what is happening.

Pm me if you have questions setting it up or saving the file. I’m in my home office all day Monday.

Mtngrl has a hard tail
    Yup. Total ripper. Just like happy Murph.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Murph is looking good!
    Looks super happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    The dog is not the problem. The anonymous neighbor is the problem.
    Agreed. People who anonymously complain are cowards. And often kooks.

Our dog used to be get stupid when we'd leave her in the backyard when we left the house. She'd bark and howl like somebody was beating her. Bad separation anxiety that we really weren't aware of since she'd only do it after we left and would stop when we'd approach the home. THANKFULLY a neighbor came over to talk to us about it, giving us the heads up about what the dog was doing. We resolved it. Everybody ends up happy. Especially the pooch, who we learned is happier crated. That's how neighbors should be. Calling animal control without ever talking to you about it first? Wow. WTF is wrong with people?

Guess you’ll find out with the recorder thingy, but my guess is your adorable dog really does bark sometimes when you are gone. I have some really cute dogs who are absolute monsters in that regard at times. Luckily, all our current neighbors have dogs that also bark at times, so it is pretty much live and let live around here.

We ran into a similar issue with a neighbor when we lived in California. We were living up in the Santa Cruz mountains, and our nearest neighbor was about 100 yds away. Unfortunately, they were retired people who insisted on total quiet, although I’m pretty sure the road noise from Hwy 6 which ran below our houses made that an impossibility.

They sicked Animal Control on us, and made our lives miserable and expensive for awhile. We finally debarked most of the dogs, at least the noisiest ones. That’s always an option if the bark collar doesn’t work.

I think that the suggestion of a shock collar is ridiculous;. .
    Why?

Well for starters beecause the dog is not the problem. The neighbor is.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Agreed on the shock collar..
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........