Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Barking dogs.

For the anti bark collar folk we need a compassionate collar. If the dog barks while unattended (probably not many of these dogs will be guilty with such thoughtful owners) the collar will auto alert no soup for you and light the dog up with glitter and fart spray. Owners come home to a house that smells like ass and looks like a party with the dog watching Seinfeld.

I'd like to call animal control on one of my own dogs, she barks like a maniac. Unfortunately she's Mrs. Ice's favorite thing in the world and so the electric bark collar I bought sits in the drawer unopened.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    ... so the electric bark collar I bought sits in the drawer unopened.
    Wrong forum Jong.

Take it to Gear Swap.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Wrong forum Jong.

Take it to Gear Swap.
    Nice, hahaha.

I ain't trying to sell it! I'm hoping the wife goes on a nice long trip somewhere and I get to use it while she's away. damn dog is so high-strung it would probably have a nervous breakdown though.

Hounds often emulate their masters, so maybe try and talk the wife into wearing the collar. For, you know, science and such.

I ain't trying to sell it! I'm hoping the wife goes on a nice long trip somewhere and I get to use it while she's away. damn dog is so high-strung it would probably have a nervous breakdown though.
    Edibles. For the dog and the wife. You said you picked some up. Don't forget to take a handful yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by stompinlines View Post
    Why?
    IMHO ridiculous to stop a dog from barking (especially if you don't know that the dog is actually barking excessively), but not ridiculous when used for hunting or off the leash training. Some dogs are more vocal than others. Dogs bark...that is what they do. I don’t think shocking them Is a good way to stop them from barking. However in the field, it is a good tool
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 03-11-2019 at 08:11 PM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

If you ever own a terrier you will no longer dismiss the bark collar
    Baxter is a great dog but FKNA he is barky. particularly between 3-6pm when UPS/ FedEx are in the neighborhood.
    always been a big dog owner prior and they are different with training. we love the hell out of him -terriers are really smart but also really pea brained. they do well with things like bark collars/ direct pos/ neg reinforcement
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Edibles. For the dog and the wife. You said you picked some up. Don't forget to take a handful yourself.
    I actually picked up some of the Ellevet doggie CBD edibles for the creaky old dog but they don't seem to help, so instead I'll see if they make barky the dog any calmer.

This "dog" got dropped of at a shelter somewhere. Maybe adopt it and it can drown out the other dogs barking?

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Uh, you sure that is a dog?

Looks more like a horse.

Well. Like 13% dog.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Wrong thread Jong.

Take it to https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...highlight=wife thread.
    FIFY

I actually picked up some of the Ellevet doggie CBD edibles for the creaky old dog but they don't seem to help, so instead I'll see if they make barky the dog any calmer.
    My vet said skip the edibles and use the oil
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    If you ever own a terrier you will no longer dismiss the bark collar
    Baxter is a great dog but FKNA he is barky. particularly between 3-6pm when UPS/ FedEx are in the neighborhood.
    always been a big dog owner prior and they are different with training. we love the hell out of him -terriers are really smart but also really pea brained. they do well with things like bark collars/ direct pos/ neg reinforcement
    Same with Cocker spaniels, at least the one we had.

I thought you had cockapoos?

So I got the mic set up and recorded Murphy.

While I was at work from 3 to 7 there were two incidents of barking that lasted less than 30 seconds each.

I dont think that warrants a complaint?

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    So I got the mic set up and recorded Murphy.

While I was at work from 3 to 7 there were two incidents of barking that lasted less than 30 seconds each.

I dont think that warrants a complaint?
    Keep that sound file for your records.

That is a minor annoyance to even the most sound-sensitive asshole; no way that rises to nuisance level.

Yeah I'm going to record for a week or so and see, but that's pretty much how much he barks when I'm home.

I'd like to call animal control on one of my own dogs, she barks like a maniac. Unfortunately she's Mrs. Ice's favorite thing in the world and so the electric bark collar I bought sits in the drawer unopened.
    I know someone with two dogs, one a barker while unattended one not, somehow the collar got put on the non barker so when the other one barked....
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

you have to buy the expensive collars that sense the vibrations from their vocal chords, not just the noise.

when I lived in ferndale the landlord let someone put one of those chainlink kennels on her property with their dog in it and it was left alone 24/7 and barked and barked but her dogs also barked and they put a shock collar on it and the poor dog just cowered in fear because she was being shocked no stop.

I had a similar, yet different situation.. 6 mos after moving into a new place we received an un-signed note on the door about our dog(s) barking from a neighbor, citing the neighborhoods general unhappiness about the situation. After asking all of our immediate neighbors they claimed a) no problem. And b) they all knew exactly who had left the note.

Our 11 yo Samoyed, my profile pic, enjoyed being outdoors during his later life. He couldn't take walks with bad knees, and suffered and recovered from 4 abdominal surgeries to remove items from his intestines. Because he was dumb, and always hungry. But he was amazing.. as elaborated on in the "just a dog" thread.

We never left our dogs outdoors with no one home. When we were home, he was out.. in a large fenced in yard. That's where he was happy.

When this neighbor walked her pair of corgies past the house, he barked at them. He wanted to play.

Fuck her, and fuck your neighbor who doesn't like dogs.

That said... if you have a dog, how about getting out of an apt Building and into a house with a yard.

I dunno the logistics of where u live, but... priorities, ya know? For me thats something I would thoroughly think through before ever adopting a pet.

As an adult I cannot ever imagine a situation where i would live in an apartment... especially with a dog.

I cant afford a house unless I have roommates.

Im not totally against roommates... well yeah, I guess I am.

id have to pay nearly a whole paycheck in rent to have a house.

As an adult I cannot ever imagine a situation where i would live in an apartment... especially with a dog.
    OK