Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2019/2020

And Shelton .

Yeah, who has more ex Browns now, Pats or Jets.

Sorry Jets fans.
    I still call it The Jake.

Hard to say without the googlez. Not feeling sorry the Brownies for once, they look like they may be fine. But they still have to actually win something first. The division would be a start.

To quote new coach Freddie Kitchens, “we ain’t won’t a pile of dog shit yet”

I’m stoked, but reserved.

I am truly pulling for them. Eff the birds and Steelers, and Cincy looks like Cincy mostly.

Thanks, I love seeing how many people want the perennial lovable losers to do well - and they should just based on talent alone and a division that is changing.

Shit, Shake n Bake only played 7 games last year and it took a week 16 OT loss to the ravens to eliminate them (and some goofy tie bullshit but you get my point). Things are definitely, finally, changing.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Kent read, Kent write, Kent State!

(Apologies Golden Flash Alums for trotting that old one out)

Haven't heard that one for a while, was one of my dad's frequent bad jokes. Thanks for the laugh.

Yeah, as a Steelers fan this is probably the first time in a decade I've said I don't want to face the browns twice in a season.

Yeah, who has more ex Browns now, Pats or Jets.
    Well Collins was an ex-Patriot Brown, so I'm not sure that one really counts

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    And Shelton .
    For $1 million! I mean, the guy had an up and down year, but he also made a huge play in the Super Bowl, stuffing Anderson behind the line.

I'm excited for Collins too. Only thing he did wrong in Cleveland was get paid like an elite pass rusher, when he's actually a Will or Sam who happens to rush the passer well. All he did was lead the Browns in tackles last season.

The guy makes incredible plays but also has notable lapses. I'm thinking that the second time around BB will have a plan for minimizing his weaknesses and accentuating his strengths. Patrick Chung 2.0? In his second stint with the Pats Chung has become one of the true unsung heroes of the NFL. Hoping Collins can do the same, and I think it's a real possibility, but more complicated than the Chung situation. Chung needed a position change to live up to his potential. Collins, I think, needs a more clearly defined role and fewer snaps. Let Hightower, Bentley and Van Noy do the thinking. Don't stress Collins's concentration and decision making. Just tell him who to blow up and let him do his thing.

RAAAIIIIDDDEEERRRRSSSSSS

2021 Draft awarded to........

CLEVELAND.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1SR2IP

I flew up for Game 7 and the Parade (1.4 million people! Lol) and can positively say that this will be the drunken, yet friendly, shitshow that the NFL is looking for.

Let me just see what Delta has for flights 2 years from now...

Officially announced today.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...and-2021-kc-23

Should align nicely with the resurgent Brownies.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
    RAAAIIIIDDDEEERRRRSSSSSS
    Are mediocre? Where you going with this? Was there significant Raiders news? Did the owner get a new track suit?

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
    RAAAIIIIDDDEEERRRRSSSSSS
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Are mediocre? Where you going with this? Was there significant Raiders news? Did the owner get a new track suit?
    Excitement over new lineman???
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...obg?li=BBnba9I

Can't think of a better fit than that dysfunctional shit-show.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Colts will be hoisting a new banner week one to celebrate one of their woefully underappreciated accomplishments:

Name:  1_MT6EtnutKgsSgEfrn1iiSw.jpeg
Views: 1306
Size:  60.9 KB

following possible tampering with the patriots staff, the Texans hit another low with a discrimination complaint.

"Fired Texans GM Brian Gaine 'targeted' African American employees in series of firings"
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...iID?ocid=ientp

there could be speculation in both tampering and the complaint, but one thing is for sure; the Texans are back to assuming their norm of mediocre. the local Houstonians seem to regard them as one of the better teams in the league but they just aren't; they are a lot closer to being run like Jacksonville than the steelers or the chiefs.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Texans backoff patriots guy so they do not face sanctions for tampering from the nfl and are now considering going no GM and just parsing out the GM tasks; genius.

current state of the team mgt:

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  35.3 KB
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Thanks, I love seeing how many people want the perennial lovable losers to do well - and they should just based on talent alone and a division that is changing.

Shit, Shake n Bake only played 7 games last year and it took a week 16 OT loss to the ravens to eliminate them (and some goofy tie bullshit but you get my point). Things are definitely, finally, changing.
    i thought the browns were going to do well last year and I think they will win the division this year

RIP Cliff Branch. My first ever favorite receiver.

NFL 2019/2020

Patriots are looking pretty stacked. Biggest threat right now looks like the Chiefs, but lots can happen in a season. Hopefully Josh Gordon is able to get on and stay on the field. Maybe Gronk will return mid-season for a playoff run. Defense looks as stacked as it has in a while. Better receiver corp than they’ve had in years (although no one can replace Gronk). Brady is looking more like Ivan Drago every day. Bring on the quest for 7. And finally another back to back, it’s been forever since they’ve won two Super Bowls in a row...

^^^^^ I still want to see these receivers against some quality starters. And they need Wynn to deliver at LT. But yeah, the D is stacked AND very, very deep. They have more quality DB's and LB's than they can keep. Some trades coming I'd bet, maybe for a tight end.

I just popped by to say BAKER MOTHERFUCKING MAYFIELD!

That's really all I got.

One preseason drive that included 5 straight plays for a first down, and the 6th play was a touchdown, without Odell or Landry. It would have been the highlight of the season for Cleveland any year between 2015 and 2018. Also, some homeless dude who lied his way into training camp ran a punt back for a touchdown.

Anyway, in case you missed it...

BAKER FUCKING MAYFIELD!!!

It's Cleveland, so I'm enjoying while I can. If we actually get good I assume that Congress will ban football.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    I just popped by to say BAKER MOTHERFUCKING MAYFIELD!

That's really all I got.

One preseason drive that included 5 straight plays for a first down, and the 6th play was a touchdown, without Odell or Landry. It would have been the highlight of the season for Cleveland any year between 2015 and 2018. Also, some homeless dude who lied his way into training camp ran a punt back for a touchdown.

Anyway, in case you missed it...

BAKER FUCKING MAYFIELD!!!

It's Cleveland, so I'm enjoying while I can. If we actually get good I assume that Congress will ban football.

That is all.
    BmillsSkier likes a post.

Jay-Z Helped the NFL Banish Colin Kaepernick
    The former quarterback caused a problem for the league—which turned to the celebrated rapper for assistance.

AUG 15, 2019

Jemele Hill

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ernick/596146/