Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2234

Thread: NFL 2019/2020

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    The guy is a warrior.
    Warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Dan Marino had 59% career CP.
    Yeah, I think CP reflects scheme and surrounding talent almost as much as accuracy and decision making. Not that Cam is comparable to the best, I just don't think he's comparable to the worst either.

Von Miller could knock the testicles off a plow horse.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Warrior?
    a play that will haunt him his whole life.
    but yes, much to his recovery, he was very much known to play hurt.

I think he looks good with The Weeknd’s hair

NFL 2019/2020

Jim plunkett had a LOT of ugly games. Still has two.

Plunkett has an even career win-loss record (72–72, although he was 8–2 in playoff games), and poor career statistics (he threw 198 career interceptions against only 164 touchdowns, and his career completion percentage was only 52.5%
    Last edited by 4matic; 06-29-2020 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Jim plunkett had a LOT of ugly games. Still has two.

Plunkett has an even career win-loss record (72–72, although he was 8–2 in playoff games), and poor career statistics (he threw 198 career interceptions against only 164 touchdowns, and his career completion percentage was only 52.5%
    This group is just full of contrarians. Doesn’t matter the topic. The NFL changes and those old players played in a non pass first league that did not favor receivers and QB’s.
    Cam is inaccurate by modern NFL standards. If you remove his 15-1 season his overall winning % is 56 wins 58 losses. Tom Brady has 249 wins over twice the career, but still, you pats homer’s are funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Plunkett or Doug Williams come to mind or maybe even Joe Flacco. So-so guys with strong arms that got the job done with good coaching.
    And solid teams around them. I'd put Eli in there too, but I'll probably get a lot of flak for that.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Bill's still got the AFC East in the bag
    FIFY. Belichick isn't losing the division to the Bills. The Pats are built to win with defense and running the football. Remember that James Develin was injured last year, once he's back their short running game will be fantastic, so they don't need Cam Newton to run a lot, they just need his big arm to stretch opposing defenses. If Cam is healthy (a big question) then he will be great in New England. If not the Pats are in no worse position then they were before they signed Cam. Its all academic, there isn't going to be football this fall anyway,

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    FIFY. Belichick isn't losing the division to the Bills. The Pats are built to win with defense and running the football. Remember that James Develin was injured last year, once he's back their short running game will be fantastic, so they don't need Cam Newton to run a lot, they just need his big arm to stretch opposing defenses. If Cam is healthy (a big question) then he will be great in New England. If not the Pats are in no worse position then they were before they signed Cam. Its all academic, there isn't going to be football this fall anyway,
    Develin retired.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Dan Marino had 59% career CP.
    Bernie Kosar had a 62.3% CP.

Eat that Isotoner.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    This group is just full of contrarians. Doesn’t matter the topic. The NFL changes and those old players played in a non pass first league that did not favor receivers and QB’s.
    Cam is inaccurate by modern NFL standards. If you remove his 15-1 season his overall winning % is 56 wins 58 losses. Tom Brady has 249 wins over twice the career, but still, you pats homer’s are funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. 59 percent in the 70s ( and later) is nothing like 59 percent now.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Bernie Kosar had a 62.3% CP.

Eat that Isotoner.
    Cam is a slightly better runner than the bern

Plunkett was a talent. Guy was a player. But he got the living shit kicked out of him every game he played for the first 5 years of his career as a Patriot and from then on he was basically serviceable. Those 5 years took a lot out of him. The Pats were terrible back then.

Plunkett was really good throwing deep. I remember that from Stra-O-Matic

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Wondering if Cam is going to be used more as a "special situations" type. Not quite Flutie-esque, but line him up as a running back with Stidham as QB and have a wildcat-ish/flea flicker option
    Ding ding ding

We're gonna see all kinds of weird shit with him methinks (if we see any football). Wildcat is probably just the beginning of things Bill is dreaming up to do with Cam to torture opposing defensive coordinators.

No way Cam Newton is a situational qb. Hoody does what he does and isn’t changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    I'm sure league defenses were concerned about a 31 year old FB with 26 career rushing yards. Thank goodness he retired.
    Full season - Bills go 11-5, Pats go 8-8

The wildcat. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Full season - Bills go 11-5, Pats go 8-8
    My prediction? Both teams go 0-0
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It's looking like that.

I'll be bummed. Sundays are for watching football with my old man. He's slowing down, not going to be many seasons left for him.

No way Cam Newton is a situational qb. Hoody does what he does and isn’t changing.
    Bill B. has always done a nice job getting the most out of the personnel that he's got. He's switched the offense from run heavy to pass heavy and back. He's switched the base d from 3-4 to 4-3, etc. Presumably, Newton isn't being brought in to run Tom Brady's short yardage rhythm passing game.

But Cam doesn't make much sense as a situational QB. He's a power runner and doesn't make sense getting spread out wide in some gadget play. Either his arm and foot are healthy enough that he's the presumptive starter or he's going to end up benched or cut.

FWIW, I feel like we will get some sort of an NFL season this fall, but the stadiums will be empty. The TV contract is where the money is anyways.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    My prediction? Both teams go 0-0
    Bold but probably accurate.
    Donkeys already announced they are only playing 2 preseason games. Guessing that is a league wide thing I haven’t seen yet. Things aren’t getting better in the next month at all. They are playing it out as long as they can.

Mahomes getting P A I D
    Live Free or Die

NFL 2019/2020

Mahomes deal. $$$$

ProFootballTalk: Report: Patrick Mahomes extension not tied to percentage of cap https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...entage-of-cap/