Page 45 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2234

Thread: NFL 2019/2020

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Tomlin shouldn't been running pass plays on that last series.
    Well I agree, why aren't you taking a knee and walking the fuck off the field?? But that still doesn't excuse Garrett's actions IMO, the game is over, there is 0 reason to tackle a QB who has already gotten rid of the ball.

Well, when your coach is running a bounty...

oops, did I say that out loud?

Anyhow, can we move past Myles Garrett. He fucked up, bad, nobody is disagreeing. He's paying the price and so is Cleveland with his suspension.

Can we move on to the dog-and-pony show of the NFL giving Colin Kapernick a "workout" on a Saturday (when everybody important is traveling/preparing for their games tomorrow) run by HUGH JACKSON, quite possibly the worst coach the NFL has ever seen.

Why?? PR? Legal move? Cover-your-ass for the NFL? I heard a theory it was done by the (mostly) pro-Trump owners to pull news headlines away from the impeachment hearings?!? Does anybody offer him a job?? Backup job? (Wouldnt mind seeing him run the Pats scout team - help prepare the D for Deshaun Watson, Dak Prescott... Josh Allen.. Lamar Jackson again maybe..) Would he take a job running a scout team?? Or is his ego too big to accept anything other than a starting gig.

NFL 2019/2020

So many shit quarterbacks and injuries an experienced healthy one is appealing especially a free agent bargain.

It’s interesting that coaches successfully running the type of offense he would thrive in are Harbaugh and Harbaugh. Also, I don’t think it’s Coincidence that the success of Lamar Jackson has renewed interest in CK.

He's not "trying out" for a backup position. Any and all teams that need him right fucking now will end up having to start him sooner than later due to their shit QB playing like shit or their shit O line getting their shit QB injured.

It's a huge landmine for any team looking at him for help.

I still think the Squealers pick him up. Their shit QB just needs one more hit on the head to be out for the season and the duck caller won't get them to the playoffs.

NFL 2019/2020

The model of NFL QB is changing. I don’t know if it’s rules, speed of the defensive line, or free agency, etc. but the drop back passer appears to be less desirable and also can’t be backed up easily.

I anticipate a noticeable change in qb play in coming years.
    Last edited by 4matic; 11-16-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    ...Instead he decided to kick Garrett in the balls and tried to rip off his helmet... of course then Garrett went ballistic and the rest is history.
    i have no dog in this fight, but that's the first reference to "balls" that I've seen, so i looked at the footage again.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	balls.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	285.3 KB 
ID:	302575

yeah, looks like multiple lines were crossed by multiple players, who chose escalation instead of resolution. the video seems to show leg extension and follow-through to the groin with cleats. i don't see many news sources pointing out the dirty groin kicking.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbynzAZlklw&t=57
    "Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality."
    Einstein

To be fair, the ball kicking looks to have started after Garrett was pulling him up from the ground by his face mask. If you're on the ground and someone chooses to do that, all bets are off.

Rudolph isn't blameless here, because he kept choosing escalation, but Garrett started it with the very late tackle and also kept escalating.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Kaep called an audible at the last second and refused to show at the Falcons facility because media and the public wasn’t allowed. Moved to a local HS and only his film crew appears to be filming for now from local radio reports.
    I still call it The Jake.

NFL wanted him to sign a non-standard waiver. Not sure the details of the waiver.

“Most recently, the NFL has demanded that as a precondition to the workout, Mr. Kaepernick sign an unusual liability waiver that addresses employment-related issues and rejected the standard liability waiver from physical injury proposed by Mr. Kaepernick's representatives.” Ref ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by thommy21 View Post
    NFL wanted him to sign a non-standard waiver. Not sure the details of the waiver.

“Most recently, the NFL has demanded that as a precondition to the workout, Mr. Kaepernick sign an unusual liability waiver that addresses employment-related issues and rejected the standard liability waiver from physical injury proposed by Mr. Kaepernick's representatives.” Ref ESPN
    Fucking NFL deserves whatever they get, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    To be fair, the ball kicking looks to have started after Garrett was pulling him up from the ground by his face mask...
    i don't know. your assessment of the sequence is debatable. if you go frame by frame, that particular sequence could be interpreted by some as:
    garrett grabbed facemask, but merely held it in same position without pulling it
    then rudolph placed his cleats onto Garrett's balls, perhaps starting off with very low pushing force
    then while in this state of "mutually assured destruction", can't tell who pushed the big red button first (whether the forceful pull of the facemask happened before or after the increase of pushing force of the cleats onto the balls)

either way, it seems both players escalated right into mutual destruction in that part of the exchange
    "Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality."
    Einstein

I didn't do frame by frame so perhaps you're right. But when players grab a face mask in the middle of an altercation, it's pretty rare that there's no pulling.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

NFL wanted him to agree not to sue if he remained unsigned after the workout. Kaep's team responded with with a standard injury form.

Good thread on what went down here: https://twitter.com/hbryant42/status...755200001?s=21

“5) This was especially delicate because the Kaepernick team did not trust the footage the league would send out would be flattering. The fear was a 60-pass program might be edited down to his worst throws. The Kaepernick camp Friday night began preparing an alternate plan.”

Also tried to make him sign a contract that said he wouldn’t sue if he didn’t get signed instead of just a general liability waiver, and wouldn’t tell him who his receivers were which caused him to have to fly his own receivers in at his own expense.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The model of NFL QB is changing. I don’t know if it’s rules, speed of the defensive line, or free agency, etc. but the drop back passer appears to be less desirable and also can’t be backed up easily.

I anticipate a noticeable change in qb play in coming years.
    It's been happening for 5 years or so. Mobility in a QB is becoming more of a requirement, with few exceptions.

It's also impossible to emulate TFB. It's just a bar too high. Teams need a different tack s what's old is new again. Look at the niners with multiple running backs carrying equal load.

The mobile QB revolution has purportedly been aprroaching for decades. But it never arrives. The good ones always stop running around once they learn to see the field and feel pressure. Also, take a look at who actually wins super bowls.

If I have to choose between QB A and QB B, and A is a slightly better passer, while B is a much better runner, I'll take A every time.

Mahomes and Watson are great because they can sling it. Jackson won't last 5 years if he keeps running the way he is. Look at Cam Newton now. And he is a much larger man.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Yes, mobility meaning can avoid pressure and extend plays. You don't want your QB running around the field or you'd better have a good backup or 2 and his career will be short. QBs take up so much of the team's salary cap that it's hard to build a good line around them and then the rest of the team.

You run a 1950’s offense like the Ravens are doing and QB doesn’t have to be that good of passer. For the reason you are saying (cost and rarity) the game is being forced to change.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wentz, you blewwwwww.

I always thought Foles was better and Wentz was overrated.

Vikes. Heck of a comeback. Sloppy game but I’ll take it.

And in a surprise to no one, the bears offense does everything they can to not score...

Hey Colin--I hear Chicago might be looking for a QB.

Kaepernick had a great season and a half based on his legs (also Vernon Davis' legs) but once he got banged up and tried to be a pocket passer he was too slow reading the field. He's 32 now so his legs probably aren't what they used to be. His passing was based on hard hard he threw which meant he could wait for a receiver to be open but he couldn't do touch passes or timing routes and he didn't have great football IQ. Still, his physical gifts could certainly help some teams for a couple of years. I hope he gets his shot.