Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 746

Thread: NFL 2019/2020

  1. #426
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,516
    Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    I agree but there were so many bullshit calls that I dont even understand what the refs are doing anymore.
    Agree!

  2. #427
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    1,648
    Roethlisberger out for the season with an elbow injury.

  3. #428
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,516
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Roethlisberger out for the season with an elbow injury.
    Shitshow in Shitsburgh.

  4. #429
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Bozone
    Posts
    446
    couldn't happen to a better guy or organization.

  5. #430
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,358
    As much as I hate to say it experience tells me Pittsburgh will be just fine.
    I still call it The Jake.

  6. #431
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    1,648
    Baker teed up for a win tonight because the Jets starting high school QB is out with mono.

    With the way Lamar Jackson is playing and if the Browns start living up to expectations it wouldn't surprising to see the Steelers finish third or fourth in the division.

  7. #432
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,824
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Roethlisberger out for the season with an elbow injury.
    Probably a good thing. Pitt can just move on with rebuild. Maybe new coach next year.

  8. #433
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    2 hours from anything
    Posts
    7,975

    NFL 2019/2020

    Brees out for 6+ weeks.
    Last edited by neufox47; 09-16-2019 at 02:50 PM.

  9. #434
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    It seemed like the clock was at 0.00 when the QB called TO but whatever.
    Yep. I'm not even a Bronco's fan but they got screwed... And the Chubb roughing the passer call was complete shit.

    NFL is turning into more of a joke with each passing week. Coaches, players, fans and refs don't know what the fuck is a penalty or how to enforce anything. There's zero consistency, not like there was ever much but it just seems even more confusing than it's ever been. I know it's been like this for a while but it's only trending to more fucked especially with all the new changes.

  10. #435
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,269
    You not only have to beat the opposing team, you have to beat the refs too.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  11. #436
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bottom feeding
    Posts
    7,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You not only have to beat the opposing team, you have to beat the refs too.
    Remember the replacement refs? It's the same or worse now. WT actual F.
    This ending is just painful to watch and I follow the Bears.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

  12. #437
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You not only have to beat the opposing team, you have to beat the refs too.
    Nothing new. People (and players) just have more ways of bitching about it now, which has contributed to fans feeling entitled to something like football "justice." People genuinely feel personally wronged because refs miss split-second calls. There was a BS roughing call against the Bears earlier in the game before the BS call on Chubb. It happens. Once in a while a call is so bad (missed PI in NFC Championship game) that getting up in arms seems justified. Otherwise if your teams loses a close one because a funny bounce or bad call, tough shit.

    There are legit reasons for being disgusted by the NFL, but I don't see the refereeing as one. PI challenges seem to be going pretty well for the most part. Setting a fairly high bar for overturning a call was the right way to do it.

    Timberridge, your Bills are looking pretty good. Offense will be up and down, but the D is legit. Playoffs possible? The lack of Roethlisberger, Foles and Luck certainly helps. Schedule ain't too bad either.

  13. #438
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,516
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Nothing new. People (and players) just have more ways of bitching about it now, which has contributed to fans feeling entitled to something like football "justice." People genuinely feel personally wronged because refs miss split-second calls. There was a BS roughing call against the Bears earlier in the game before the BS call on Chubb. It happens. Once in a while a call is so bad (missed PI in NFC Championship game) that getting up in arms seems justified. Otherwise if your teams loses a close one because a funny bounce or bad call, tough shit.

    There are legit reasons for being disgusted by the NFL, but I don't see the refereeing as one. PI challenges seem to be going pretty well for the most part. Setting a fairly high bar for overturning a call was the right way to do it.

    Timberridge, your Bills are looking pretty good. Offense will be up and down, but the D is legit. Playoffs possible? The lack of Roethlisberger, Foles and Luck certainly helps. Schedule ain't too bad either.
    Yeah, but any loss can screw a team later in the season. What if the Donkies are on the bubble (I donít think they will be)? That BS loss could cost them a playoff birth.

  14. #439
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Nothing new. People (and players) just have more ways of bitching about it now, which has contributed to fans feeling entitled to something like football "justice." People genuinely feel personally wronged because refs miss split-second calls. There was a BS roughing call against the Bears earlier in the game before the BS call on Chubb. It happens. Once in a while a call is so bad (missed PI in NFC Championship game) that getting up in arms seems justified. Otherwise if your teams loses a close one because a funny bounce or bad call, tough shit.

    There are legit reasons for being disgusted by the NFL, but I don't see the refereeing as one. PI challenges seem to be going pretty well for the most part. Setting a fairly high bar for overturning a call was the right way to do it.

    Timberridge, your Bills are looking pretty good. Offense will be up and down, but the D is legit. Playoffs possible? The lack of Roethlisberger, Foles and Luck certainly helps. Schedule ain't too bad either.
    Alright there captain obvious. I think a few of us have watched football games before and seen their teams lose close ones. The point is no one knows what is what these days. The NFL tries to change the rules because of blown calls, Tuck rule changed what's a pass and what's a fumble, last year PI allowed for challenges this year, but those changes just make the game more confusing when they aren't even enforced correctly. So we've gone down the rabbit hole and there's no turning back. Let's just review and challenge everything. Impossible to play this physical game when it's up to the ref's to decide how to interpret the new changes. Their job sucks even more now and I'm sure they are confused like everyone else, which is obvious when you watch a game. Now a hard hit legal or not is a flag. And yes fans are entitled without fans the league is nothing so don't see your point there.

    Moral of the story is the rules and ref have always played a critical role in the NFL, blown calls have always been a part of the game. It's just becoming so unclear what is what... when they are trying so desperately to make it clear... its just not working.

  15. #440
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,317
    I suggest you all stop watching. It's the only way to make sure they get the calls correct.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  16. #441
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    713
    I still like watching, and laugh at blown calls. It's just the game. No one knows what the fuck is going on. Just gotta hope your team survives the calls against them... because there will surely be some for them eventually. Just hope it's not on a play that would send your team to a super bowl... because then a new rule will be made for the next season to put a band-aide on and slow the game down even more...

    I will say that I do agree there is worse things than the ref's in the NFL... but those things are usually outside of the actual game being played. So I care less about them. My ignorance allows me to only care about happens from the kickoff to the end of the game. We live in a pretty hypocritical fucked up world, NFL just follows suit in regards morality, greed, etc etc etc

  17. #442
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,391
    How about them dirty birds last night? Fun game to watch
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

  18. #443
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle of the NEK
    Posts
    4,529
    This game sucks so far. Seimian has not gotten any better over his career.

    I need 20 points between Baker and Bell tonight. Not sure I am going to get them at this rate.

  19. #444
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    435
    Bad ankle break I thought

  20. #445
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,358
    What was that mumbled bunch of autotune garbage they played while the teams were in the locker room?

    Not one word was decipherable, not one. It was like mumble-rap, in spanish, with 4 layers of auto-tune.

    It fit the Jets perfectly.
    I still call it The Jake.

  21. #446
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    3,998
    You just don't understand todays music.
    In fairness, neither do I. Chances are you will never see that singer again.

    This game is kinda brutal. A few bright spots though.

  22. #447
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,358
    Well that strike to OBJ was pretty entertaining.

    And you’re right about the “music”. I hope that “artist” saves every dime he’s making.
    I still call it The Jake.

  23. #448
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    3,998
    Yeah, that was nice one.
    Baker should have thrown that to Chubb instead of forcing to OBJ on that INT. Mainly cuz they are both on my roster.

  24. #449
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,358
    Couldn’t agree more. Why hit the guy who’s wide open when you can go for the guy who’s in double-coverage?
    I still call it The Jake.

  25. #450
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,516
    Just End The Season!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •