Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2234

Thread: NFL 2019/2020

Word is Cam's shoulder is ok. Nobody knows about the foot. Dude was good in 2018 until he got hurt, but Lisfranc can be a career killer. I give it a 10% chance he is a steal, 20% chance he's damaged goods and 70% chance there is no real football season.

Hoody doesn't need him to run

If it doesn't work out they can pick up Kaepernick midseason.

Or Fitz, and he can say he played on every AFC East team.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    He does if they want to win in the playoffs.

Playoffs? Playoffs?

Spoken like someone who hasn't watched the Pats power running game last year. If healthy, Newton is handily the best short yardage runner on that team.

It's hard to see how the offense will be good overall, though. Edelman doesn't have much tread left on the tires and there isn't anyone else to catch the ball. And the o line play was iffy last year.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

NFL 2019/2020

Edelman was starting to look old and slow at the end of last season but he was Injured, hope he can bounce back

Again I’ve watched every game in cams career even the super bowl in person.
    He needs that short yardage running game to mask his horrible inaccuracies as a passer. He truly can’t complete a back shoulder fade to a receiver inside the red zone. The panthers scored when he ran inside the red zone.
    His career passing completion % is in the 50’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look forward to seeing Cam's post game outfits*.

*assuming the season even starts.

Wondering if Cam is going to be used more as a "special situations" type. Not quite Flutie-esque, but line him up as a running back with Stidham as QB and have a wildcat-ish/flea flicker option

Jonny Football is available if he doesn’t work out.

As are 19 or so other former Browns QBs.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    He needs that short yardage running game to mask his horrible inaccuracies as a passer. He truly can’t complete a back shoulder fade to a receiver inside the red zone. The panthers scored when he ran inside the red zone.

Edelman has been known to bail out a QB for an errant pass before.

Live Free or Die

Edelman is 34 years old and real close to banging supermodels as a full time job, which will be real soon the way he takes hits. Cam isn't going to have many targets to miss by mid season if there's one.

Good QB depth in the 2021 draft, let's see how they go.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Edelman is 34 years old and real close to banging supermodels as a full time job, which will be real soon the way he takes hits.
    I need to talk to a financial advisor, as I was not offered a similar retirement plan .

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I need to talk to a financial advisor, as I was not offered a similar retirement plan .
    I hear it's expensive, especially the child support payments.

Jim Plunkett or Doug Williams come to mind or maybe even Joe Flacco. So-so guys with strong arms that got the job done with good coaching.

NFL 2019/2020

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    If it doesn't work out they can pick up Kaepernick midseason.

Or Fitz, and he can say he played on every AFC East team.
    I would take kap now over cam

I wonder if kap wants to play

I hope he does and that he starts

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post

Newton was accurate (67%) for his 8 games with Norv Turner as OC when they had an actual short passing game. I don't think he's as quite as inaccurate as his career completion percentage makes him look. If you compare his throws to those from guys like Trubisky, Josh Allen, Brissett or Tyrod Taylor, he tends to be comparatively on the mark.

But that's not exactly an impressive group. He's nowhere near the level of Mahomes and Watson (the guys he needs to beat). Unless he gets a significant bump from coaching (as he did with Turner), I'd put him firmly behind the likes of Matthew Stafford, Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr as a pocket passer. That puts him in "not good enough to win it all even with elite weapons" territory. And as it happens, the Pats might have the worst receiver group in the NFL (nothing new for Cam).

Plus the Pats are built to run the ball (good-to-great O Line depending on health, excellent depth and versatility at RB, just drafted two big TE's who can block, and they have about 23 fullbacks on the roster). If Cam plays, he'll be asked to run too. And it will work. Until he gets hurt. His best chance of a big comeback is probably some sort of shortened season. I think BB is as interested in learning about coaching (and coaching against) a dual threat QB as he is in Cam's potential to produce for 16 games.

Flacco.
    That's about right.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    That's about right.
    So...is Cam Newton elite?

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Newton was accurate (67%) for his 8 games with Norv Turner as OC when they had an actual short passing game. I don't think he's as quite as inaccurate as his career completion percentage makes him look. If you compare his throws to those from guys like Trubisky, Josh Allen, Brissett or Tyrod Taylor, he tends to be comparatively on the mark.

But that's not exactly an impressive group. He's nowhere near the level of Mahomes and Watson (the guys he needs to beat). Unless he gets a significant bump from coaching (as he did with Turner), I'd put him firmly behind the likes of Matthew Stafford, Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr as a pocket passer. That puts him in "not good enough to win it all even with elite weapons" territory. And as it happens, the Pats might have the worst receiver group in the NFL (nothing new for Cam).

Plus the Pats are built to run the ball (good-to-great O Line depending on health, excellent depth and versatility at RB, just drafted two big TE's who can block, and they have about 23 fullbacks on the roster). If Cam plays, he'll be asked to run too. And it will work. Until he gets hurt. His best chance of a big comeback is probably some sort of shortened season. I think BB is as interested in learning about coaching (and coaching against) a dual threat QB as he is in Cam's potential to produce for 16 games.
    Fair analysis, but that blip in his career % was with a christian mccaffrey in the backfield. It was almost all attributable to having the option for the first time of a dink and dunk guy who could catch. Not sure how you take away 8 games and then say his career % isn't that accurate. Aside from an 8 game stretch anomaly, he is a 59% completion QB. Plus since that stretch he's had 2 shoulder surgeries, one lisfranc surgery on his foot and one ankle surgery. Now he is 2 years older.
    His numbers are his numbers. It will be fun to watch if it's the system or the two years rest did him well.
    On an aside, I have a few friends that played with him on the Panthers and he was always considered a good teammate and highly motivated to win. The guy literally battled through injuries. Watch the opening regular season game Denver Vs Panthers 2016 where guys literally launched at his head all game, didn't get flagged and aimed for his legs. The guy is a warrior.
    I was ready to move on, because 2 years of backups was fair enough, but a change of scenery has worked in past.

Cam has always been a streaky player, and that's challenging to build a consistent offense around.

Bills still got the AFC East in the bag

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    So...is Cam Newton elite?
    Richard Sherman thinks so.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Richard Sherman thinks so.
    Well I'm not going to say too much, but having actually friends who made and continue to make a living in the NFL, they all stayed a year too long.
    Ask any player if they had a year or two in the tank and they will all say yes. Ask any GM who signs a veteran if they should have cut them or not signed them a year or two earlier and they will all say yes as well. Few walk away at the right time, maybe Andrew Luck.

Dan Marino had 59% career CP.