Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2019/2020

oh, god, if the Browns are actually good (like I suspect they will be), this thread might be intolerable.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    oh, god, if the Browns are actually good (like I suspect they will be), this thread might be intolerable.
    What? There’s me and like two other Browns fans here.

That said, “HERE WE GO BROWNIES, HERE WE GO! WOOF, WOOF!!!”
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    What? There’s me and like two other Browns fans here.

That said, “HERE WE GO BROWNIES, HERE WE GO! WOOF, WOOF!!!”
    oh, they will come out of the woodwork if the Browns are winning, just you wait.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Bandwagon Browns Fans

I’ll take things I can’t recall hearing in my lifetime for $500 Alex
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Bandwagon Browns Fans

I’ll take things I can’t recall hearing in my lifetime for $500 Alex

Correct. Kosar didn't even make that happen. Maybe Sipe and the Cardiac Kids? No one liked Jim Brown, so if not Sipe, then probably the last person to get the general public to root for the Browns was Otto Graham.

Unless you count Ernie Davis. Which I do. You'd have to be inhuman not pull for Ernie Davis.

Name:  Dawg-Pound.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  95.7 KB

Josh Gordon reinstated. Heh.

Name:  ECICy1_XkAA2GY8.png
Views: 768
Size:  409.1 KB
    Last edited by I've seen black diamonds!; 08-16-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Just came here to post this. Week 1 eligible. Gordon on one side. N'Keal Harry on the other. Brady has the best weapons he's had since Randy Moss. (And maybe, ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Just came here to post this. Week 1 eligible. Gordon on one side. N'Keal Harry on the other. Brady has the best weapons he's had since Randy Moss. (And maybe, ever)
    2011 he had Welker, Gronk, Hernandez and Branch (but far inferior running backs). But yeah, if Gordon can keep it together for 19 games...

Yeah TE is a glaring weakness for the first time in awhile, but the weapons at WR are redic

and, as pointed out, the RB corps is as deep and talented as its ever been.

Get in the gym Gronk. He just needs to be on the team by Dec 1. Could start an annual tradition of playing 4-5 regular season games and the playoffs and extend his career a few years without all the wear and tear.

Jay-Z Reportedly to Get Majority Ownership in NFL Team; Eric Reid Calls Move ‘Despicable’
    https://www.theroot.com/jay-z-report...eam-1837328603

imo the browns will win the north and they may be the futre of the afc with KC and the colts, Mayfield is that good; manzel was always going to be a bust and AZ qb murray is no Mayfield; the speed of the nfl defenses will be too much for him
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post

Name:  ECICy1_XkAA2GY8.png
Views: 768
Size:  409.1 KB
    Tell me again how the league has it out for the Pats?
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I think the NFL likes that the Pats provide an "evil empire" type team that everybody (outside of NE) roots against passionately

I've said it many times before, almost every team in the league, when they play the Pats, its their Superbowl. Definitely the biggest game of the season for most teams, and people tune in to those "big" games just to root against us. More eyeballs= more $$

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Tell me again how the league has it out for the Pats?
    Do you think Josh should not have been reinstated?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Do you think Josh should not have been reinstated?
    Obviously you thinks he should have been, why? How many chances does he deserve? Do you think he deserves to be reinstated or do you think he should be because he makes your team better?
    I know if he worked for my company he sure as hell wouldn’t get another chance.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Wasn't he just smoking weed? Seems way less questionable than a lot of the others that are still playing with more violent issues.

I didn't research this at all though

Obviously you thinks he should have been, why? How many chances does he deserve? Do you think he deserves to be reinstated or do you think he should be because he makes your team better?
    The guy is an addict. Does that mean he should be banned for life? Would you fire the guys who smoke pot and retain the guys who beat up kids and women? If so, you should work for the NFL.

I don't think the NFL systematically targets the Pats. I do think the Pats have been among a number of teams who have been unfairly punished by the league office and other owners all of whom operate like feudal lords without any need to be consistent or rational in how they mete out punishment. Goodell has a bizarre tendency to be lenient with players and teams who are contrite, while stomping on teams/players who defend their actions, regardless of the severity or veracity of an infraction. And the owners are happy to exact vengeance (for losses, e.g. Colts tired of losing to the Pats, or previous punishments, e.g. the Jerry Jones violating the "handshake" salary cap) on their competition. If you aren't aware of the history behind all this, or if you think deflategate was in any way legitimate, you should just take a break from opinions all together.

How do we know deflategate was a farce? First there was the paper published by Nobel Laureates showing the deflation never occurred. Then there are all the similar "equipment violations" by other that resulted in minor fines or no punishment at all. Finally there is the NFL's decision not to make public all the PSI data they collected the year after the initial non-incident. Why was the decision upheld in the courts? Because the CBA basically says that Goodell can do whatever he wants, even though the lower court ruled that his evidence was a giant turd. I could go into why it all happened in the first place (Harbaugh pissed at Brady for making him look dumb, Irsay tired of getting his assed handed to them by Pats, and Jets guys at NFL office happy to play along, Jerry Jones wanting to get back at Kraft for some previous bullshit) but it's not worth rehashing every detail.

Again, the Pats aren't the only team that has been on the receiving end of the NFL's frontier justice (Saints fans know what I'm talking about). The NFL is right there with IOC and NCAA when it comes to integrity. If your team ever gets screwed over you'll probably change your tune.

I don’t think smoking weed is any of the NFLs business, especially when it can be far better (less addictive) than opioid dependency for pain management, so I would support the reinstatement or non-suspension of any player for weed or frankly most other substance abuse issues. PEDs on the other hand, I wouldn’t support that many chances.

How is anyone benefitted by kicking him out of football forever or further suspended? Is there anyone that benefits from that?

I think your analogy is flawed, the NFL allowing him to try to find a company to give him a chance is significantly different than a company determining if he deserves another chance from them. Clearly he is good enough at what he does that many teams would give him a second (sixth) chance based on his infractions. That’s the advantage of being objectively better and more skilled at something than 99.99999% of the public.

NFL 2019/2020

Man it’s easy to get you chowds on the defensive.
    Do I think weed is a bannable offense? No I dont. Do I think he should be reinstated? Hell no, he knows the rules. As far as I am concerned this is just one more example of the NFL’s incredibly frustrating hypocrisy.
    So you are saying because hes better than 99.9% he should have special rules? I don’t buy that. I am one of the leading experts in my field (certainly fall in the top 99.9% category) and my company would drop me in a heartbeat if I failed a test. Those are the rules and I am smart enough to not do it.
    That is the problem with the league there rules are non binding and change on an individual basis.
    Last edited by teleee; 08-19-2019 at 04:31 PM.

I'm no Patriots fan (good lord no), but I think Gordon should have been reinstated and I don't have any reason to think he was the beneficiary of favoritism.

Yes, it's easy to get the chowds worked up, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

That is the problem with the league there rules are non binding and change on an individual basis. You
    The Pats' sniper got him.

I don’t think its favoritism. I think its a horrible lack of consistency. If you are going to have rules enforce them.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The Pats' sniper got him.
    Ha I suck at the multi task. I also happen to think Tyreke Hill should have had the hammer dropped on him. Again horrible lack of consistency.