Page 58 of 90 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2234

Thread: NFL 2019/2020

Boo fucking hoo, the refs finally took a night off from serving up Patriot home cooking.

I'm not counting them out yet, but when people are excited that Brady can wobble 17 yards while looking like the tin man, and Belichick has to run every sandlot play they can think of to get some yards, it ain't looking good. Without home field in the playoffs, we might run into Tom and Giselle up on the slopes of Big Sky sooner than usual.

Let’s see how they handle a tough road trip into the Jungle in Cincinnati next week before we totally write them off.
    I still call it The Jake.

Before we focus on next week, let's not forget the marquis NFC East matchup going down on MNF tonight.

My Bills could have used a few blown ref calls yesterday. Maybe next week?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Let's all hope Santa Claus doesn't show up at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I'm not counting them out yet, but when people are excited that Brady can wobble 17 yards while looking like the tin man, and Belichick has to run every sandlot play they can think of to get some yards, it ain't looking good.
    To be fair, TB has never NOT looked like the tin man when running. But yeah the offense is bad

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Between the Kelce fumble being whistled dead and the out of bounds play the refs gave KC that game. Pats didn't play well but better than last week at least.
    Idk if they gave them the game. Hard to say with so many variables. They weren't even awake for the entire 2nd quarter.

Bottom line is the Patriots kinda suck...for them. We need a trick play to score a touchdown and we don't have a kicker. The D is the only thing keeping us in any of these games. We had a shit schedule to start and now their true colors are showing against better teams.

And of course, our beloved fans booing the team, street fighting in the stands, and just general douchebaggery are classic of the old schaefer stadium days. Keep it classy Boston!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post

And of course, our beloved fans booing the team, street fighting in the stands, and just general douchebaggery are classic of the old schaefer stadium days. Keep it classy Boston!
    Sounds like you fell asleep in the stands at a Patriots game and woke up at a Jets game..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Remember the start of the year when it seemed like the Pats had too many weapons between Brown and Gordon...

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    My donkeys may have finally found a quarterback.
    I was not sold on the guy at all but you have to hand it to him so far...

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Remember the start of the year when it seemed like the Pats had too many weapons between Brown and Gordon...
    Was just looking back on this thread to remember how high the optimism was for the Pats O early in the season. Remember - when we signed AB, we also had Josh Gordon reinstated and Demaryous Thomas signed, on top of using a 1st round pick on (arguably) the best WR in the draft, as well as a new deal for Edelman.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Defense looks as stacked as it has in a while. Better receiver corp than they’ve had in years (although no one can replace Gronk).
    Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    loading up with great receivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    3 of the 4 active receiver who have a season with over 1600 receiving yds are on the Pats. Unfortunately one is a drug addict, one is over the hill coming of Achilles surgery and one is just plain loco.

Too bad that addict, over-the-hill, loco part turned out to matter so much

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Too bad that addict, over-the-hill, loco part turned out to matter so much
    IK,R. Now we're left with an unproven rookie who the team has shown no confidence in going to (guy only played TWO snaps last night, although he should've had his 2nd TD in as many games), two WR3 or 4 type guys, and... Julian Edelman. Thats it

what the fuck happened to Sony Michel??? He looked as good or better than his counterpart at Georgia (Nick Chubb) last year while running rampant on every team we played in the playoffs. Shut up all the detractors who said why did the Patriots take him in the first - especially when Lamar Jackson was still available. Guy put up just under 1,000 yards regular season. Set a rookie playoff TD record! TORE APART the Chargers (130 yards, 3 TDs) and the Chiefs (120 yards, 2 TDs) en route to the SB against the Rams, where he was again, maybe the best player on the team (94 yards and the only TD scored in the game). This season? ~600 yards. Last night, against the team he destroyed in the AFC Championship game? FIVE carries for EIGHT yards on only nine snaps played. ??????

Whatever. If Ravens don't go to the SB, it will be kind of disappointing...it pains me to pull for this.
    But marching off only 5 yds on a 10 yd penalty no matter who the team is is just fucking atrocious at this level. Hell, at the high school level.
    I think in the next five years I will be completely over this whole football thing if it keeps going. I am already well on my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    what the fuck happened to Sony Michel???
    Perhaps he went to the Sequon Rasul Quevis Barkley school of runningbacking?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

what the fuck happened to Sony Michel???
    Last year, especially toward the end, he was playing behind the best OL in the NFL. This year the line is a mess. Andrews out for the year. Mason went from All-Pro to average Joe. Cannon looks like he's playing with ankle weights on. Wynn missed the first 11 games. Thuney.... has actually been pretty good.

This has taught us something, however, and that is: Sony is just a guy.

IK,R. Now we're left with an unproven rookie who the team has shown no confidence in going to (guy only played TWO snaps last night, although he should've had his 2nd TD in as many games), two WR3 or 4 type guys, and... Julian Edelman. Thats it

what the fuck happened to Sony Michel??? He looked as good or better than his counterpart at Georgia (Nick Chubb) last year while running rampant on every team we played in the playoffs. Shut up all the detractors who said why did the Patriots take him in the first - especially when Lamar Jackson was still available. Guy put up just under 1,000 yards regular season. Set a rookie playoff TD record! TORE APART the Chargers (130 yards, 3 TDs) and the Chiefs (120 yards, 2 TDs) en route to the SB against the Rams, where he was again, maybe the best player on the team (94 yards and the only TD scored in the game). This season? ~600 yards. Last night, against the team he destroyed in the AFC Championship game? FIVE carries for EIGHT yards on only nine snaps played. ??????
    He used to have holes to run through, now he doesn’t. I think the lack of holes has caused him to hesitate more. And he never was known for hitting the hole hard.

If he doesn't learn how to catch this offseason, he'll be on the wire. Hell, he might be on the wire before that.

He knows how to catch!! That was why they took him over Chubb, because he was the better "pass-catching back"!!? But for some reason, they refuse to involve him in the passing game. They just slam him into the line like he's Legarrate Blount, never get him the ball in space... seems to me that the Pats are criminally under using their best talents.

TWO SNAPS for Harry last night??? I mean, come on. The playbook can't be THAT complicated - AB was out there for most of the game three days after putting on the uniform!

the only explanation in my mind is that BB is scheming - he is not using his best players or any of the plays/formations he'd normally be using, so that other teams have no film on what the Pats really want to do. Come playoff time, you'll see the REAL Patriots. I hope

BB is scheming - he is not using his best players or any of the plays/formations he'd normally be using, so that other teams have no film on what the Pats really want to do. Come playoff time, you'll see the REAL Patriots. I hope
    That would be some serious 4D chess right there. I hesitate to disagree because Bellycheck is such a master of the game. Either you’re right, or he is having his best coaching year ever with really sub-par play(ers).

He knows how to catch!! That was why they took him over Chubb, because he was the better "pass-catching back"!!? But for some reason, they refuse to involve him in the passing game. They just slam him into the line like he's Legarrate Blount, never get him the ball in space... seems to me that the Pats are criminally under using their best talents.
    TB must throw the ball too hard.
    I have seen Sony drop more out passes than he has caught. And don't get me started...not being able to catch a non-complicated throw in the NFL is right there with NBA-ers not being able to shoot FT's.

You can see TB doesn't really trust anyone beyond JW & JE. Houston played it right...and then see what the donks did to them when they had to cover everyone.

Nick Chubb is the better running back. There, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Nick Chubb is the better running back. There, I said it.
    X1000. Now if Kareem could somehow get the scurvy for the next couple weeks, that'd be great. FF playoffs yo.

Any of fudge packer fans, Aaron did an AMA on reddit...it's done but can read it. Believe legit. Apparently leans to the Star Wars side too for the nerds.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...y_packers_and/

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    X1000. Now if Kareem could somehow get the scurvy for the next couple weeks, that'd be great. FF playoffs yo.
    Totally possible. Remember when MRSA was sweeping the Browns locker room not that too long ago?

They’ve got tricks up their sleeves. Don’t you worry.

X