Page 30 of 90 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2019/2020

What's the launch angle on those beneficiary yards?
    I still call it The Jake.

Two first round picks for Jalen??

That's some judgement clouded by desperation.

As a Lion’s fan I’m more pissed they couldn’t walk the ball in the two times they were in the red zone in the 1st quarter then the botched ref call.

If they made touchdowns instead of field goals the bad call wouldn’t have mattered.

Rams all-in on 2019 season. A better secondary isnt gonna help Goff play any better though.

In other news, Titans finally give Marcus Mariota the hook: Ryan Tannehill to get the start Sunday while Mariota takes over clipboard duties

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    They really did. I would not have believed it had I not watched it with my own two eyes. The refs blatantly handed the game to the Packers. For those that missed it,
    Monday night’s NFC North tilt between the Lions and Packers was an entertaining one that ended in miserable, embarrassing fashion as the refs took control of the game and gifted the Packers numerous extra plays and sets of downs in the fourth quarter by calling a pair of phantom illegal hands to the face penalties on Lions DE Trey Flowers, which directly led to a 35-yard Aaron Rodgers-to-Allen Lazard touchdown and the "game-winning" chip-shot field goal for Mason Crosby as time expired. On the final “penalty,” the Lions sacked Rodgers to force a fourth down and long field goal with just under two minutes on the clock and were going to get the ball back. Instead, the Packers kneeled it and kicked the game-winning field goal as the clock struck zeroes.
    I disagree here. It was an obviously poorly officiated game all around, but there were plenty of calls that went the Lions’ way early in the game (like their touchdown that should have been Packers ball but didn’t even review), a phantom hold on a long run that killed a drive, an obviously missed pass interference on Jones when he literally got shoved to the ground. None of the Packers haters seem to mention that in their complaints.

I want the officiating to be better, but the hysteria around the hands to the face call is a little over the top.

I just hope they don’t feel the need to make it up to the lions this week against my vikes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I did not see the game but my buddy is a big time cheesehead and he says they definitely were handed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I just hope they don’t feel the need to make it up to the lions this week against my vikes.
    Exactly what I've been thinking. The Vikes better be prepared to battle that "we got screwed so we're gonna get revenge" mentality, which can be hard to overcome sometimes.

Aside from that, the whole debacle has huge ramifications for the playoff picture in the NFC north.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Sorry Iggles, Jalen is a Lamb,
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    FUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!
    Maybe that Dolphins fella is on the board? <crossed fingers>

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Two first round picks for Jalen??
    That's some judgement clouded by desperation.
    Could be. Or "win now" + "aren't gonna get anyone better in next draft" = let's just pay this guy.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I want the officiating to be better, but the hysteria around the hands to the face call is a little over the top.
    two really bad calls in a row to the same player who only has one illegal hands to the face call in their pro career before that game

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post

Aside from that, the whole debacle has huge ramifications for the playoff picture in the NFC north.
    Yeah jeezus what a division this year. Feeling like it's gonna come down to Packers / Vikes week 16(?). Vikes definitively heating up.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Yeah jeezus what a division this year. Feeling like it's gonna come down to Packers / Vikes week 16(?). Vikes definitively heating up.
    Hey Bear down, and don't ever forget the way they thrilled a nation, with the T-formation.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    In other news, Titans finally give Marcus Mariota the hook: Ryan Tannehill to get the start Sunday while Mariota takes over clipboard duties
    Totally expected, but makes me sad. Marcus has always seemed like a great guy. I wish he had been successful here. His confidence seems shot, and I'm suspicious that he hasn't fully recovered from the nerve injury he had last year. It was basically a long term funny bone hit that kept him out of a couple of games, and he doesn't look comfortable throwing the ball. He never had a big arm by NFL QB standards, but he's throwing it like Billy Kilmer this season.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    two really bad calls in a row to the same player who only has one illegal hands to the face call in their pro career before that game
    Exactly

It wasnt just one phantom penalty that extended the Packers drive, it was TWO of the same penalty, on the same guy, neither of which actually happened, both of which really helped the Packers extend their drive and win that game.

In any event, the officiating has been atrocious, on top of which, it now seems games are coming with a ref bias to, if not fix the game outright, at least give one team a clearer path to a W

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Maybe that Dolphins fella is on the board? <crossed fingers>

Could be. Or "win now" + "aren't gonna get anyone better in next draft" = let's just pay this guy.
    some eagle(s) bitching they didn't land ramsey....that's never good.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    some eagle(s) bitching they didn't land ramsey....that's never good.
    The Iggles, like the Lambs, have many more issues than their corners. The Lambs play calling with the ball - they don't know what to do with Gurley even when healthy, and Goff continues to crumble when under pressure. Every team on the schedule is looking at what the Niners defense did and I don't think the Lambs have an answer for it, especially with the injuries piling up.

Into the future, the Lambs are paying big money to a few players with talent, and they don't have a 1st round pick for fucking ever. Talk about a tight rope act.

Yep thats why NFL = Not For Long (unless your the Pats). Rams had their shot at the SB last year and couldn't score points when their defense did plenty to stop the Pats.

Incredibly hard to keep a SB run vibe going, even after winning one. They are all in for the next couple of years, and if they don't get it done, they have given up their first round re-build picks. Definitley a tight rope but I also kinda like the "fuck it, I'm all in" mentality especially when it's not my team.

I hate the jets and cowboys, but the refs really gave the cowboys some extra life at the end of their game as well with some bs passing calls as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Totally expected, but makes me sad. Marcus has always seemed like a great guy. I wish he had been successful here. His confidence seems shot, and I'm suspicious that he hasn't fully recovered from the nerve injury he had last year. It was basically a long term funny bone hit that kept him out of a couple of games, and he doesn't look comfortable throwing the ball. He never had a big arm by NFL QB standards, but he's throwing it like Billy Kilmer this season.
    A Billy Kilmer throwing reference? LOL - That’s awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    I hate the jets and cowboys, but the refs really gave the cowboys some extra life at the end of their game as well with some bs passing calls as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watched that on tape and agree. Refs did their best to give it to Dallas. Actually an entertaining game until all that BS.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

So why are they running PM?
    AFC West race may be up in the air...maybe even before this new injury.

flacco.....oh man. could be the nail in elways coffin.

Even as a broncos fan I'm seriously bummed to see mahomes go down
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Elite something something.

And well, Peyton followed up Elways legend before, so he has experience and he wants to be a GM or owner...