Page 54 of 90 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2234

Thread: NFL 2019/2020

Brady looked old.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Brady looked old.
    He does look old, is there something wrong with him? He just does not look right.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I still dont know why he's out there...nothing to prove. Go out on top instead of looking like shit at times.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Why does Brady seem like such a little bitch? Throwing his helmet at the staff on the sideline, yelling at his wide receivers, pouting when he doesn’t make a 2pt conversion that doesn’t really matter, and worst of all just kind of falling over when he feels pressure.

Maybe it’s because the patriot hate is so ingrained in me, but he just seems like a grade a douche. Anyone have any feelings otherwise?
    He knows he will be feeling the wrath when he gets home....she does dress him nicely though.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    He does look old, is there something wrong with him? He just does not look right.
    He's over it.

Why does Brady seem like such a little bitch? Throwing his helmet at the staff on the sideline, yelling at his wide receivers, pouting when he doesn’t make a 2pt conversion that doesn’t really matter, and worst of all just kind of falling over when he feels pressure.

Maybe it’s because the patriot hate is so ingrained in me, but he just seems like a grade a douche. Anyone have any feelings otherwise?
    Yeah, you are wrong. His wideouts suck. They need to get open or they shouldn't be playing at the highest level. Soft tossing his helmet compared to...name one...that slams their helmet on the ground? Not a big deal.

His entire career he has essentially been given no name wideouts to throw the ball too. He had Moss. Then we had Ocho Cinco who couldn't run a route on our offense. If you have no deep threat it makes covering everyone else a hell of a lot easier. Losing Gordon and AB for the brief moment hurts this team a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    He knows he will be feeling the wrath when he gets home....she does dress him nicely though.
    Brady misses Gronk, his HOF TE.

As for dressing nicely...
    https://mobile.twitter.com/bvnp/stat...33130515988480

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I'm really baffled why the Pats offense looks (and continues to look) this bad. On top of all the penalties and miscommunications (who is this team??) guys arent getting open even when the O line gives Brady all day.
    and its not like we're running schlubs out there
    Julian Edelman - one of the best slot WRs in the game
    James White - one of the best pass catching RBs in the game
    Mohammad Sanu - 6'2" wheels and good hands
    Philip Dorsett - has shown flashes of brilliance and is at minimum a competent WR who runs good routes
    N'Keal Harry - FIRST ROUND pick and arguably better WR than fellow rookies Deebo Samuel, DK Metcalf, Marquise Brown or Mecole Hardman, who have all been more or less beasting for their respective teams. ????

I'm really having a hard time figuring out why Harry has not made any kind of impact. First round pick!! Second WR taken in the draft! Perfect fit for the Pats O, a guy who lines up anywhere, runs crisp routes, and has a huge catch radius. WHY ISNT THIS GUY GETTING LOOKS???
    Three words...
    No running game.
    If the other team doesn't need to respect the run, it is a lot easier to shut down the passing.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

^^^ nice left hand placement.

They didn't "lose" Gordon, they released him.

And yeah, he misses Gronk.

But his throws just seemed slow last night.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Deshaun Watson v. Lamar Jackson et al. in the AFC Championship.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

The Patriots offense looked terrible last night but the Texans are a good team and Deshaun Watson easily read Belichick's blitzs, stopping the Pats defensive dominance, so Watson either learned from the Ravens blowout or the Ravens’ defense is better at containing dual threat QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Deshaun Watson v. Lamar Jackson et al. in the AFC Championship.
    I am old enough to remember when Patrick Mahomes was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    They didn't "lose" Gordon, they released him.

And yeah, he misses Gronk.

But his throws just seemed slow last night.
    Well, he was injured, but Brady "lost" him. Brady doesn't release anyone. I'm sure he'd want him and AB on the field to throw to.

edit - since we've had Brady as a QB I've always felt like they've never given him a great wide receiver, except Moss at the end of his career. Other great QB's have had a reliable receiver(s) for the better part of their careers.

Tom Brady has thrown 500 passing touchdowns to 71 different targets in the regular season and 71 touchdowns to 27 targets in the postseason during his career. Here's a list of the players on the other end of those TDs.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pat...adys-td-passes

The problem mostly isn't Brady. A few passes lacked zip, but he was moving great last night, buying time for guys to get open. It didn't happen much. His INT last night happened happened when Harry was bullied off the ball by a much smaller CB. He had about 4-5 throws last night toward receivers who ran the wrong route.

There is a formula for beating these guys right now:
    Double Edelman
    Put a DB on RB James White.

because:

-Sanu has a sprained ankle doesn't quite know where to go yet.
    -Dorsett can't handle physical corners. He should be a 4th option. Put a solid starting corner on him and he disappears.
    -Meyers isn't bad for an undrafted rookie, but also gets bullied at times and runs the wrong route at least once a game.
    -Harry isn't ready to be on the field.
    -The TE's are probably the worst in the NFL.
    -None of these guys, including Edelman, is a viable deep threat.

I'm not sure any amount of creativity can solve the problem. They even ran the ball well yesterday for one of the few times this season. Maybe if Sanu gets healthy and they can run the ball well they have a shot at sticking with some elite teams. Otherwise, it's going to look even worse than the the 2013 Pats, when Gronk was hurt and guys like Kembrell Thompkins and Aaron Dobson were key contributors. That team somehow won 12 games. But they were no threat to the teams that were actually good. Could this team win off it's defense like the 2015 Broncos? Not if they can't put up some points vs. the Chiefs or Ravens. Those teams can't be shut down completely.

I don't think the D was that bad considering a bunch of those dudes were sick, and the O couldn't sustain a drive. Plus Watson is very good.

I know he wasn't considered "great" when they signed him, but I was really stoked when they got Welker from the fish. Maybe they eventually drafted Edelman when they saw what a good prototype WW was for that offense.
    Branch and T Brown will always be in my top 5 Pats WR.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I am old enough to remember when Patrick Mahomes was a thing.
    I know, right? Watching Mahomes and Watson as a former Chicago resident/Bear fan just drives me nuts.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    They look old, sick and tired right now.
    I wonder how much of the "sick" part was the bad flu symptoms it seemed like half the team had this past week. There was something about how they even tried to quarantine some of the players and had to get 2 planes to Houston to that effect. The entire team could bounce back once they get better.

nothing like a bad game to light a spark under the Pats' asses
    who's up for the beating next game?
    KC better be heads up...

How many seasons y’all give Lamar Jackson with this level of production in the NFL?
    I haven't seen it broken down by who was tackled, but I heard a rumor that Richard Sherman had 7x as many tackles as Bosa in that game. Jackson certainly needs that kind of ratio to hold up long term. How many DB hits equal one take down by a DL or LB?

Jackson has really good body control too, if you watch when he gets tackled he almost always moves at the last second to avoid taking the worst of it. It only takes one hit though obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Harry isn't ready to be on the field.
    WHY though?!? I don't get it

He's a first round pick! He should be lighting it up! All the other rookie WRs that I mentioned (Deebo Samuel, Mecole Hardman, Marquise Brown, Terry McLaurin etc) are tearing it up! A couple of those guys are the go-to option on their team!!! Harry is arguably a better talent than any of those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    WHY though?!? I don't get it

He's a first round pick! He should be lighting it up! All the other rookie WRs that I mentioned (Deebo Samuel, Mecole Hardman, Marquise Brown, Terry McLaurin etc) are tearing it up! A couple of those guys are the go-to option on their team!!! Harry is arguably a better talent than any of those guys.
    He got hurt in the preseason, went on IR and couldn't practice with the team for almost 3 months. Plus the Pat's offense is complicated for WR's. With a couple decent games Jakobi Meyers could have the most yds by any rookie receiver playing with Brady. That gives you an idea how much rookie receivers contribute with the team. Same with receiving backs. James White barely played as a rookie. Same with Shane Vereen.

Or maybe he's just a bust.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Man, the Seahawks are just gritty. Wouldn't be surprised if they found themselves in the stooper bowl.

Man, the Seahawks are just gritty. Wouldn't be surprised if they found themselves in the stooper bowl.
    I fucking hate the seahags but if they end up against the niners in the NFC playoffs, this could very well be true.