Page 43 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2234

Thread: NFL 2019/2020

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Dam. ULLRismyco-pilot is a fucking retard.
    At least he was logged in to his alias account.

ethics? sportsmanship? it's the nfl.

Ya know, I keep circling around to this, but the NFL needs to be fixed, and I know exactly how to do it. I can say it in 3 words: Giant Nerf Helmets.

It's the answer.

Is it my imagination or does Mason Rudolph look like Freddie Mercury without a 'stache?

Name:  277359_1.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  19.7 KB

Name:  mason-rudolph.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  72.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Ya know, I keep circling around to this, but the NFL needs to be fixed, and I know exactly how to do it. I can say it in 3 words: Giant Nerf Helmets.

It's the answer.
    Or just embrace the violence, and let them carry pistols onto the field.
    Last edited by Timberridge; 11-15-2019 at 12:00 PM.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    I mean, yeah, you shouldn't beat people with their own helmet.
    This would have sufficed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Per NFL:

Browns DE Myles Garrett has been suspended indefinitely, at minimum for the remainder of the regular season and postseason.
    Browns DT Larry Ogunjobi has been suspended one game. Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey has been suspended three games.
    In addition, Steelers and Browns organizations each fined $250,000.

Myles would be better off if he had beat his gf with that helmet - per the nfl

NFL 2019/2020

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    This might be more of it than you saw? www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooaxek8lES0
    Wow. I thought that video was crazy and Garret looked to be off his meds. Suspended for the season hell, he should be gone from the NFL.
    Fuck that QB though. Throwing up his hands like a little bitch who starts a fight but can't finish it. Glad the other player knocked him down after. I mean, yeah, you shouldn't beat people with their own helmet, that was wrong. But he was asking for a beatdown when he was trying to rip Garret's helmet off first. Garret was just more successful at it. Football is a violent sport. Give the people what they want. This drama is going to be great for ratings.
    Then this guy came along. You’re special and it shows.

Never said that what Garrett did was ok, just saying that Rudolph is not the good guy just because he got hit in the head. Rudolph incited the whole thing by trying to rip off Garrett’s helmet. Did he walk away when his teammate tried breaking it up? No he kept charging Garrett. He was asking for some kind of repercussion. Unfortunately Garrett went a little too far.

Sorry for not agreeing with the knee jerk reaction of everyone here. But there’s a lot of people this morning saying that Rudolph should be punished too.

Deion Sanders: “ Mason Rudolph should be significantly fined as well for trying to rip Miles Garrett’s helmet off his head which ignited the retaliation. He’s not without fault in the unfortunate matter. This is a physical, emotional game played by men. Let’s not forget that.”

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Myles would be better off if he had beat his gf with that helmet - per the nfl
    Fer chrissakes, if you're gonna smack your bitch (or in this case the opposing QB) with a helmet, please do it away from cameras.

I didn't see the game, did the Browns get a 15 yd roughing the passer penalty after the helmet hit?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Never said that what Garrett did was ok, just saying that Rudolph is not the good guy just because he got hit in the head. Rudolph incited the whole thing by trying to rip off Garrett’s helmet. Did he walk away when his teammate tried breaking it up? No he kept charging Garrett. He was asking for some kind of repercussion. Unfortunately Garrett went a little too far.

Sorry for not agreeing with the knee jerk reaction of everyone here. But there’s a lot of people this morning saying that Rudolph should be punished too.

Deion Sanders: “ Mason Rudolph should be significantly fined as well for trying to rip Miles Garrett’s helmet off his head which ignited the retaliation. He’s not without fault in the unfortunate matter. This is a physical, emotional game played by men. Let’s not forget that.”
    You must have missed the part where Garrett kept tackling Rudolph for several seconds after he no longer had the ball. That is what incited the whole thing.

“He was asking for some kind of repercussion. Unfortunately Garrett went a little too far.

Sorry for not agreeing with the knee jerk reaction of everyone here.“

Unreal. Your moral compass is defective. Any other hot takes where your morals diverge significantly from the rest of western society? Dog fighting should be legal, a child can consent to sex with an adult, we should just round them all up and shoot them?

"Hitler had some good ideas, he just went too far."

Pouncey will likely come out of this with more money. Protecting his QB at all costs and all that...

Any news on the concussed guy who was bleeding out of his ear?

100% chance the Steelers players all chip in and pay for Pouncy’s fine for defending their guy

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    You must have missed the part where Garrett kept tackling Rudolph for several seconds after he no longer had the ball. That is what incited the whole thing.

“He was asking for some kind of repercussion. Unfortunately Garrett went a little too far.

Sorry for not agreeing with the knee jerk reaction of everyone here.“

Unreal. Your moral compass is defective. Any other hot takes where your morals diverge significantly from the rest of western society? Dog fighting should be legal, a child can consent to sex with an adult, we should just round them all up and shoot them?
    Tackling is part of the game. Attacking your tackler after he tackles you is not part of the game, even if you don’t like the way he did it.

THE CHICKEN WILL NOT FUCK ITSELF!
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Pouncey will likely come out of this with more money. Protecting his QB at all costs and all that...

Any news on the concussed guy who was bleeding out of his ear?
    I was wondering about him as well. That hit was nasty. Totally surprised to see the blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    FIFY
    Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I was wondering about him as well. That hit was nasty. Totally surprised to see the blood.
    I think getting hit in the earhole prolly burst his eardrum?

"Hitler had some good ideas, he just went too far."
    Oh shit.

That’s the quote of the century. I’m using it.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Garrett will be suspended for the rest of the season, but if the Browns are any kind of legit organization, he should be released today.

But while Garrett and the rest of the Browns defense were playing like goons, Tomlin was also acting like an idiot. His offensive line was playing like turnstiles the entire night, and still trying to run pass plays on that final possession was idiotic and a good way to get his QB or someone else injured by a Browns defensive unit that was literally foaming at the mouth at that point. He should have run up the white flag, ran some running plays and got the fuck out of there.
    Calm down. This isn’t twitter, we don’t just demand that people lose their jobs forever.

What Garett did was reprehensible. Whatever punishment he gets will be deserved. It’s bizarre though, because, despite the attempts here to paint him as a murderous thug, it’s completely out of line with what I’ve seen of him as a player - and I probably watch him more than anyone else here.

And lol at all the pearl clutchers here for the poor Steelers - watch any of the past 7 years’ Bengals-Steelers games. Which coach tripped a guy running back a punt again?

Just in case you’re reading this and have already forgot, Myles fucked up worse than I’ve ever seen and will face equally severe consequences. And he should.

Turn on the NFL network today. Whole lotta players saying the genesis of this isn’t as cut n dry as a lot here would say it is. If it was as bad as everyone here says it was (the sack) then why didnt the ref standing right there throw the flag? Because it wasn’t a dirty takedown, it was a continuation football play. Everything that happened afterwards was as far from football as you can get. Mason picked a fight, twice, and Myles took it to berzerker-land. He’ll pay for that.

That said, “He started it” and all the “what if’s” are getting fucking old. He’ll get what he deserves, but the hot takes trying to paint this group as the second coming of the Raiders or what ever dirty group you want to call them are laughable.

Alright, time to get all worked up over the Hue Jackson led Colin Kaepernick workout tomorrow, right?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Oh shit.

That’s the quote of the century. I’m using it.
    Credit Marge Schott.

Credit Marge Schott.
    I hope that’s accurate. It would be totally fitting. And no, I’m not going to google it.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    I think getting hit in the earhole prolly burst his eardrum?
    That’s what I’m thinking.

Was going to say the quote of last century.

Everything you read, when he came in he was good," the Reds owner said in an interview aired by ESPN last night. "They built tremendous highways and got all the factories going. He went nuts, he went berserk. I think his own generals tried to kill him, didn't they? Everybody knows he was good at the beginning but he just went too far." The 45-minute interview by Sal Paolantonio was taped in Schott's office in Cincinnati Friday.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I hope that’s accurate. It would be totally fitting. And no, I’m not going to google it.
    It's pretty close, I screwed it up a little, she actually said "Everybody knows he was good at the beginning, he just went too far."

edit: mofro got it first

It was actually Bobby Hull who said "Hitler, for example, had some good ideas. He just went a little bit too far."