Page 46 of 90 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2234

Thread: NFL 2019/2020

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Wentz, you blewwwwww.
    Was Wentz worse...or Doug P? I call it a toss up.

A game they needed....but that's what bad teams do: lose winnable games. t Good teams win games when they're not playing great; the Pats seem to have mastered that this year.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

NE and Brady did not look fresh after a week off. The Ravens look scary. Next weeks Sunday night game will be a proof test for the slackers. NO needs to keep Brees healthy, their game against the niners will be epic.

Pat's get their left tackle back next week. Will it be enough? I'm not so sure as I suspect the whole right side is playing hurt. What was probably their biggest strength last season looks like it could be their undoing.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    It's been happening for 5 years or so. Mobility in a QB is becoming more of a requirement, with few exceptions.
    You have this backwards. Teams can’t find a pocket passer, so they are settling for a mobile QB.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    You have this backwards. Teams can’t find a pocket passer, so they are settling for a mobile QB.
    This. And offensive line play has turned to shit as the skill just isn’t coming up through collegiate level as it once did.

Ravens have 2-3 years to get it done with him running like this. That's not a way to be a long term QB in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Ravens have 2-3 years to get it done with him running like this. That's not a way to be a long term QB in this league.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Hey Colin--I hear Chicago might be looking for a QB.

Kaepernick had a great season and a half based on his legs (also Vernon Davis' legs) but once he got banged up and tried to be a pocket passer he was too slow reading the field. He's 32 now so his legs probably aren't what they used to be. His passing was based on hard hard he threw which meant he could wait for a receiver to be open but he couldn't do touch passes or timing routes and he didn't have great football IQ. Still, his physical gifts could certainly help some teams for a couple of years. I hope he gets his shot.
    The last season Kap played he had 16 TDS and 4 INTs coming off an injury on the shittiest Niners team in recent memory and running Chip Kelly’s crap offense.

Don’t have to hold Kap to a playoff level QB standard to understand he’s probably better than about 35 QBs with an NFL job.

Jameis Winston has 5 games with 4 picks. Maybe the Bucs owe their fans a test drive.

Some other teams, too... before this weekend:

Kap Career: 72 TDS/30 INTs

Mason Rudolph. Career: 12 TDS/8 INTs

Baker mayfield: 38 TDS/26 INTs

Kyle Allen: 12 TDS/5 INTs

Jameis Winston: 105 TDS/72 INTs

Ryan Tannehill: 131 TDS/79 INTs

Ryan Fitzpatrick: 198 TD/156 INTs

Mitch Trubisky: 40 TDS/23 INTs

We know those guys suck

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    ...Mitch Trubisky: 40 TDS/23 INTs
    Not commenting on Kap, but if this stat isn't the ultimate in "stats don't tell the whole story" file.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    This. And offensive line play has turned to shit as the skill just isn’t coming up through collegiate level as it once did.
    Agreed. This could be the next change in the game. Seems that most teams OL are struggling. If the talent doesn’t come up, successful teams will be the ones with QBs that can avoid/neutralize these rushes and throw a good ball or run.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Was Wentz worse...or Doug P? I call it a toss up.

A game they needed....but that's what bad teams do: lose winnable games. t Good teams win games when they're not playing great; the Pats seem to have mastered that this year.
    More blame on doug....abandoned the run , did not make adjustments like bill b did.

And I wouldn’t lump Kyle Allen in with those others just yet. Too soon. But maybe eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    The last season Kap played he had 16 TDS and 4 INTs coming off an injury on the shittiest Niners team in recent memory and running Chip Kelly’s crap offense.

Don’t have to hold Kap to a playoff level QB standard to understand he’s probably better than about 35 QBs with an NFL job.

Jameis Winston has 5 games with 4 picks. Maybe the Bucs owe their fans a test drive.

Kap Career: 72 TDS/30 INTs

Mason Rudolph. Career: 12 TDS/8 INTs

Baker mayfield: 38 TDS/26 INTs

Kyle Allen: 12 TDS/5 INTs

Jameis Winston: 105 TDS/72 INTs

Ryan Tannehill: 131 TDS/79 INTs

Ryan Fitzpatrick: 198 TD/156 INTs

Mitch Trubisky: 40 TDS/23 INTs

We know those guys suck
    Baker's a good quarterback. He's extremely accurate. He's just caught in the Kitchens shitshow right now.

If they can get him in a good environment within a year or two he'll be good for a long time. If not, all bets are off.

I do not disagree with your Kap point, however.

Good test of the Chefs tonight. Division rival, in mehheco, raiders are all tied up. If their defense can’t stop the flailing chargers, they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. Hopefully the field isn’t a total disaster again.

Yep - Stats are just stats. Eye test, upside, etc all have value.

Point being, there are 5-6 starters and 15+ backups who have less talent and experience than Kap.

Whether he’s worth the trouble at a backup level salary is up to owners/GMs.

The crummy teams can choose not to offer Kap a chance. It’s a choice.

What they can’t do is not try Kap out and then say they’re “all about winning.”

Crummy teams frequently take the $, avoid controversy, and don’t care as much about winning.

Speaking of crummy teams....are the Bengals at the top? Seems like forever pathetic

NFL 2019/2020

I gotta tell you guys, I just went back and watched the video in slow motion, and it might be that Garrett is getting kinda screwed here. Look it’s terrible that he smacked a guy with his helmet and he should be suspended. Not saying it’s not. But consider the following:

Garrett tackles Rudolph, and can’t see that he already threw the ball cause Rudolph got the ball out as he hit him. Garrett puts him on the ground. He does not fall on him, just pulls him down next to him. The ref standing right there does not flag the hit. Rudolph then goes after Garrett’s helmet and pulls it literally halfway off, presumably cause he’s pissed about the hit. Garrett then goes back at Rudolph’s helmet in turn, and before he grabs the face mask, Rudolph kicks him cleat studs first in the crotch. Garrett then rips his helmet off. And walks away. As he’s walking away a Steeler lineman is coming after him already, but then Rudolph absolutely charges him. As he’s backpedaling Garrett then loses it and swings the helmet. Obviously Garrett should be suspended, but he was not the instigator and Rudolph literally escalated it 3 times, without any of which it never would have happened.

I’m starting to think the Garrett defenders might have a point. Also it’s starting to look terrible that Rudolph didn’t get suspended too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I feel like Rudolph is getting off because everyone pretty much knows he sucks as a player and isn't going to be around the league for long.
    Live Free or Die

Garrett got what he deserved imo....he crossed the line. But, Rudy should have been suspended for a few games as well.

when I was coaching high school fb I saw a lot of instances where emotions snap: helmet swinging, vicious kicking to the head, group pummeling. Never a suspension; we just got control and moved on. It's different for professionals for a lot of reasons not the least of which is deadly force.

For years I played flag football and I'm guilty of snapping a couple times. It's an emotional game of the highest order. There is a fine line between good hit and suspension and I don't judge a man's character by what he does under that duress.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    I’m starting to think the Garrett defenders might have a point. Also it’s starting to look terrible that Rudolph didn’t get suspended too.
    maybe

emotional as he was, garrett had alternatives: he could have dropped the helmet or even hucked it down the field
    but garrett swung the helmet to the head, which took a fairly conventional scuffle to a different level

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    maybe

emotional as he was, garrett had alternatives: he could have dropped the helmet or even hucked it down the field
    but garrett swung the helmet to the head, which took a fairly conventional scuffle to a different level
    Oh yeah, totally agree, he can't swing the helmet, even in defense like it was (he did not attack Rudolph with it, as has been suggested, he swung it at someone who was coming after him -which is still not at all ok, but it is different.) Should be suspended for multiple games for sure. However, per the NFL statement, his career is in jeopardy. I don't think it should be. I think it should have been a finite suspension, and Rudolph should have gotten suspended as well.

I absolutely agree that Rudolph should be suspended. I absolutely agree that Rudolph escalated things and was not an innocent party. However, Garrett did take him down long after the ball was gone, which seemed to start the whole thing. And the fact the Rudolph should have been suspended and wasn't doesn't change a thing about what Garrett did. Suspension for the rest of the season was appropriate, and I am sure he'll be back next year.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Vikes. Heck of a comeback. Sloppy game but I’ll take it.
    Hell yeah. I thought they might have a "down" game and was half expecting them to lose before it even started. After the first half I thought for sure they're going to lose and almost didn't even watch the second half, but obviously glad I did. Great comeback that shows they can raise their mental game when nothing seems to be working. That was fun to watch. Sure wish Thielen would come back..

NFL 2019/2020

He swung a helmet, but a few games is plenty. And Rudolph should be suspended for at least half as much time as well. If rudolf wasn’t a QB, most likely this whole thing would be a minor deal. There were and are dozens of more brutal hits w criminal intent every weekend.
    Last edited by mcski; 11-18-2019 at 01:49 PM.