Page 6 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2019/2020

NFL has a horrible lack of consistency? Who knew?

You'll find strong agreement on that one from everyone in this thread, I'm sure. But a) I'm ok with Gordon being reinstated, and b) how many other players were suspended for weed and reapplied as he did? I can't recall any. So if you're going to argue inconsistency, you kind of have to cite a similarly situated player who was treated differently, and I can't recall any similarly situated players.

ETA: it doesn't help that we don't know about details regarding his failures or what he did to demonstrate that he should be reinstated
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Man it’s easy to get you chowds on the defensive.
    A popular rhetorical device among those who are wrong.

If you are going to have rules enforce them.
    What rule are you talking about in this case that was implemented differently than it had been in the past? Or are you making shit up because you don't like the Patriots? Only other player who has been in this situation is Martavis Bryant. He also applied for reinstatement recently. He is not currently under contract with any team. No word yet on his application.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    A popular rhetorical device among those who are wrong.

What rule are you talking about in this case that was implemented differently than it had been in the past? Or are you making shit up because you don't like the Patriots? Only other player who has been in this situation is Martavis Bryant. He also applied for reinstatement recently. He is not currently under contract with any team. No word yet on his application.
    I actually kind of like the Pats and have enjoyed their dynasty run. I think Brady is the goat. I thought deflategate was ridiculous. If i am wrong about the rules as I understand them, then I am wrong. I clearly need to investigate. That being said i think hes a fucking idiot to mess with a chance that mere mortal s only dream of.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Curious what you do teleee.

So you are saying because hes better than 99.9% he should have special rules? I don’t buy that. I am one of the leading experts in my field (certainly fall in the top 99.9% category) and my company would drop me in a heartbeat if I failed a test. Those are the rules and I am smart enough to not do it.
    That is the problem with the league there rules are non binding and change on an individual basis.
    99.9% in football means you’re the best at a decent sized high school. 99.999% gets you on the starting roster of a D1 college. 99.9999% makes you a starter in the NFL. Whatever it is that you do, it very likely is not near as competitive as the NFL and judging the difference between 99.99% and 99.9999% is probably close to impossible in your field. Nothing compares to pro sports for a meritocracy.

Again, the analogy of a single company is misplaced, this isn’t a single companies right to not hire you, it is a cartels right to not let any company hire you, even when they want to.

I don’t know what you do but if you failed a drug test would that mean that no company would ever hire you again? Seems there are few fields where anyone is elite yet a company wouldn’t give you a second chance. I can’t think of any industry where you’d be completely black listed outside jobs with a government security clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    99.9% in football means you’re the best at a decent sized high school. 99.999% gets you on the starting roster of a D1 college. 99.9999% makes you a starter in the NFL. Whatever it is that you do, it very likely is not near as competitive as the NFL and judging the difference between 99.99% and 99.9999% is probably close to impossible in your field. Nothing compares to pro sports for a meritocracy.

Again, the analogy of a single company is misplaced, this isn’t a single companies right to not hire you, it is a cartels right to not let any company hire you, even when they want to.

I don’t know what you do but if you failed a drug test would that mean that no company would ever hire you again? Seems there are few fields where anyone is elite yet a company wouldn’t give you a second chance. I can’t think of any industry where you’d be completely black listed outside jobs with a government security clearance.
    What about a 3rd chance and a 4th chance.. Which is what he is on. I could get a 2nd chance in my field, a 4th chance? No fucking way.

How many chances does he deserve?

If you want to argue that marijuana should not be a reason to be tested/suspended/fired etc. I am all on board with it. I think it is a bullshit policy, but it is the policy and if he isnt smart enough to learn that after the 4th time then no I dont think he should be reinstated.
    Last edited by teleee; 08-20-2019 at 09:41 AM.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

^yeah, fair enough. Definitely see your point.

luck retires

Sent from my SM-J727V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    luck retires

Wow! That is serious bombshell news. Jacoby Brissette in an above average backup (maybe one of the best backup QBs in the NFL?) but its definitely a downgrade for the Colts

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    luck retires

Wow! That is very high on the didnt see coming list.

A shame for Luck.
    This officially makes 3rd round Russell the best qb out of ‘12 draft.

NFL 2019/2020

Any reports on what he will do going forward?

Seems like he may have opportunities based on his football mind...

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Any reports on what he will do going forward?

Seems like he may have opportunities based on his football mind...
    An architectural design degree from Stanford and a Rhodes scholar finalist. Probably not football.

Maybe private equity like Steve Young
    https://www.hggc.com/team/j-steven-young

Colts fans booed him when the news broke.

I feel bad for Luck, but as for the Colts? I'd say something like, "It couldn't have happened to a nicer franchise."

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    An architectural design degree from Stanford
    Did not know that

Unfortunately, that and a quarter is still just about a quarter...

You’re probably right tho that he may be more likely to find success beyond football

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Did not know that

Unfortunately, that and a quarter is still just about a quarter...

You’re probably right tho that he may be more likely to find success beyond football
    HS valedictorian too.

The booing fans make for an easy exit from idiotville.

Huge shock about Luck.... The Colts did ruin his career by not helping that O line for years and it was too late. He said in his presser the constant injury, hurting and rehab finally took its toll. Too bad but good for him to leave on his own terms.

As for the Colts they are somewhat screwed for a couple of years, Brisset is decent and the team is as well so they will win enough games to not be in the hunt for a good college QB

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    An architectural design degree from Stanford and a Rhodes scholar finalist. Probably not football.

Maybe private equity like Steve Young
    https://www.hggc.com/team/j-steven-young
    Wow, how did he find the time to do football and architecture? In arch school, you barely have time to leave the studio.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Colts fans booed him when the news broke.

I feel bad for Luck, but as for the Colts? I'd say something like, "It couldn't have happened to a nicer franchise."
    He should take a year or two off, let his body heal and return with a different team. Best of luck to Luck. Fuck the Colts, karma for tanking the season to draft him in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    He should take a year or two off, let his body heal and return with a different team. Best of luck to Luck. Fuck the Colts, karma for tanking the season to draft him in the first place.
    Ah, kinda like Kaep?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Wow, how did he find the time to do football and architecture? In arch school, you barely have time to leave the studio.
    Even tho Stanford is Stanford, their arch program isn’t a fully accredited arch program, which is why I said “that and a quarter...”
    It is an undergrad engineering degree with a “major” in arch

Name:  302CE7E3-7EC9-46B2-BC31-11538CE84B00.jpeg
Views: 424
Size:  88.8 KB