Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2019/2020

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Hey I dont blame any of you, the Broncos have won 3 super bowls under Elways watch and I will always support his decisions, even as he spends another draft pick on a quarterback.
    By the way, I think he hit it out of the park with this draft. See, I can homer with the best of ya!
    Ooof. I was an Elway fan when he played - to a degree - but don't do this to yourself, bro.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Is there anything Pats related you dont agree with (granted given their success there isn't much to argue with)? You are to the NFL thread what TahoeJ is to the NBA thread.
    I can't speak for Diamond Joe but I thought Belichick should have gotten way more for Garoppolo. I didn't agree with only getting a 2nd for him, should have been at least a 1st and 2nd.

But I'm not complaining or holding grudges against BB for it.

If BB announced he was on the free market and would accept the most lucrative 5 year deal offered, how much do you think that contract would be worth? $100M? $200M?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I can't speak for Diamond Joe but I thought Belichick should have gotten way more for Garoppolo. I didn't agree with only getting a 2nd for him, should have been at least a 1st and 2nd.

But I'm not complaining or holding grudges against BB for it.

If BB announced he was on the free market and would accept the most lucrative 5 year deal offered, how much do you think that contract would be worth? $100M? $200M?
    I read awhile back on ESPN that Brady took offense to Garoppolo breathing down his neck (age be damned) and Kraft took Brady’s side pushing BB to move Garoppolo against BB desires. Hence the giveaway. Pissed BB off in the process.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I read awhile back on ESPN that Brady took offense to Garoppolo breathing down his neck (age be damned) and Kraft took Brady’s side pushing BB to move Garoppolo against BB desires. Hence the giveaway. Pissed BB off in the process.
    That article was a giant turd of speculation and hearsay.

NFL 2019/2020

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    That article was a giant turd of speculation and hearsay.
    ......but you can see Brady being that brand of dick, no? This coming from someone (Patriots fan) who greatly respects TB’s talent.
    Uno mas

......but you can see Brady being that brand of dick, no? This coming from someone (Patriots fan) who greatly respects TB’s talent.
    Partying together at the Kentucky Derby a few days ago:

Do I think Brady went to Kraft and said, "Tell Bill to trade Jimmy G."

No. I also don't think Kraft ever tells Belichick how to make football decisions.

And if Kraft and BB ever had a conversation about whether to keep TB or JG, they sure as hell wouldn't have leaked any details. That's just not how they operate. That article was full of a made up shit by a reporter who makes shit up.

Well contractually BB makes the personnel decisions to my limited understanding so perhaps fetched.

That said, any thoughts on why they gave away the only viable back up to an old and fragile man?

Yes, Brady is beating the odds but he isn’t bionic and seems longevity of the franchise should be the focus.
    Uno mas

Well contractually BB makes the personnel decisions to my limited understanding so perhaps fetched.

That said, any thoughts on why they gave away the only viable back up to an old and fragile man?

Yes, Brady is beating the odds but he isn’t bionic and seems longevity of the franchise should be the focus.
    Rumor (a reliable one, I think) is Browns had offered a first round pick for Garoppolo either before of after the draft. Why did the Pats keep him? For the exact reason you mention. Insurance.

When they approached the trade deadline they had to either trade JG, let him walk when the season was, over or franchise him. JG was never going to re-sign to be a backup. At this point the Pats had less leverage and fewer potential trade partners. This explains the smaller return. They valued a few extra months with a top backup enough to sacrifice some draft capital.

There is also a rumor that Bill liked JG enough that he didn't want to send him to the dumpster fire that is the Browns, and that the Browns even offered the #4 pick in the draft at the deadline. I don't believe this for a second.

Do you really think BB, who has traded so many beloved Patriots players without batting an eye, would have traded JG for less than the maximum haul? The most plausible explanation I've heard is here: https://nesn.com/2017/11/nfl-rumors-...roppolo-trade/

The Browns could had Jimmy G, but they were scared of fucking up a major trade with Belichick and looking stupid, so they never made a move. After the fact, they leaked a story about how their offer wasn't accepted because Browns fans were pissed they didn't use their extensive draft capital to land a proper QB.

They valued a few extra months with a top backup enough to sacrifice some draft capital.
    Yeah exactly its not rocket science, Pats could've gotten more for him earlier in the season, but they held onto him because he was their insurance policy, and they had a lot into him.

At the end of the season, Jimmy was gonna walk, period. There was absolutely no way they were gonna come even remotely close to paying him market value, (or franchising him) to hold a clipboard. They held onto him for as long as they could and then got what they could get before he became a free agent.

If the Giants can ride or die with Eli until he quits, Pats most certainly can do it with TB. Besides, any season with TB regardless of productivity is more lucrative than anything else at the moment. Kraft, BB and TB will can all exit stage left as the 3 Amigos.
    tldr: Who really gives a fuck. Pats playing on house money for the rest of my lifetime.

didn't want to send him to the dumpster fire that was the Browns.
    Had to fix. Browns are legit

NFL 2019/2020

Rumor (a reliable one, I think) is Browns had offered a first round pick for Garoppolo either before of after the draft. Why did the Pats keep him? For the exact reason you mention. Insurance.

When they approached the trade deadline they had to either trade JG, let him walk when the season was, over or franchise him. JG was never going to re-sign to be a backup. At this point the Pats had less leverage and fewer potential trade partners. This explains the smaller return. They valued a few extra months with a top backup enough to sacrifice some draft capital.

There is also a rumor that Bill liked JG enough that he didn't want to send him to the dumpster fire that is the Browns, and that the Browns even offered the #4 pick in the draft at the deadline. I don't believe this for a second.

Do you really think BB, who has traded so many beloved Patriots players without batting an eye, would have traded JG for less than the maximum haul? The most plausible explanation I've heard is here: https://nesn.com/2017/11/nfl-rumors-...roppolo-trade/

The Browns could had Jimmy G, but they were scared of fucking up a major trade with Belichick and looking stupid, so they never made a move. After the fact, they leaked a story about how their offer wasn't accepted because Browns fans were pissed they didn't use their extensive draft capital to land a proper QB.
    Fine. I will try to suppress my misinformed hatred of how TB operates. I still trust my gut.
    Last edited by Doremite; 05-08-2019 at 05:11 AM.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Yeah exactly its not rocket science, Pats could've gotten more for him earlier in the season, but they held onto him because he was their insurance policy, and they had a lot into him.

At the end of the season, Jimmy was gonna walk, period. There was absolutely no way they were gonna come even remotely close to paying him market value, (or franchising him) to hold a clipboard. They held onto him for as long as they could and then got what they could get before he became a free agent.
    Even when he was traded the Pats apparently didn’t put him on the market. BB just called San Fran and said he’s yours for a 2nd.

Quite the highlight reel.

This thread is already going?
    Call me in August...

Had to fix. Browns are legit
    Thank you
    I still call it The Jake.

Seachickens cut Doug Baldwin and Kam Chancellor. Sounds like both their careers are over early. Hopefully they can get healthy and enjoy their retirement.

Patriots sign Ben Watson. Crazy he was drafted 6 years before Gronk.

Derrick Anderson announces his retirement today. (Full disclosure: did not know he was still in the league).

Thanks for the only Browns 10 win season in the past 20 years, DA.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Derrick Anderson announces his retirement today. (Full disclosure: did not know he was still in the league).

Thanks for the only Browns 10 win season in the past 20 years, DA.
    I think he can start collecting Social Security, so why not.

Julian Edelman just got a two year extension. Big raise, but he'll still be relatively underpaid at $9 million/year. Amari Cooper wants $18 million/year.

In his last 10 playoff games: 82 receptions on 123 targets for 1,090 yards.

Extrapolated over a 16 game season: 131 receptions on 197 targets for 1,744 yards.

From a guy who was a college QB.

Gotta love the SB MVP taking a hometown discount. (Or was it? He's 33 after all...not sure what he would've gotten on the open market. 8 mil signing bonus and 12 mil guaranteed is pretty good for a slot WR)

I realize I'm the TahoeJ of the NFL thread but I like the Jamie Collins signing too, not a bad player to take a flier on. Knows the system

Gotta love the SB MVP taking a hometown discount. (Or was it? He's 33 after all...not sure what he would've gotten on the open market. 8 mil signing bonus and 12 mil guaranteed is pretty good for a slot WR)

I realize I'm the TahoeJ of the NFL thread but I like the Jamie Collins signing too, not a bad player to take a flier on. Knows the system
    Golden Tate is a good comp. He's a couple years younger and got 4 years 37.5 million with 22 million guaranteed. Not that different actually when you factor in age. But Edelman has been insanely underpaid through his career. Second contract came before his breakout 3rd contract came while injured. New deal is worth more than all prior career earnings.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Julian Edelman just got a two year extension. Big raise, but he'll still be relatively underpaid at $9 million/year. Amari Cooper wants $18 million/year.

In his last 10 playoff games: 82 receptions on 123 targets for 1,090 yards.

Extrapolated over a 16 game season: 131 receptions on 197 targets for 1,744 yards.

From a guy who was a college QB.

Kent read, Kent write, Kent State!

(Apologies Golden Flash Alums for trotting that old one out)

Liked him as a Brown. Hope to see him again on the way up the ladder.